• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOHomeDecor.com Halloween Decorating Contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's almost Halloween and in Ultima Online, that often means it's time to decorate our houses all spooky-scary like. Which makes it a great time for a decorating contest.

Decorators, you can submit anything you want, whether it be a room, an object, or an entire house - or multiple houses tied together (there have been a few cool ones entered like this). The sky is the limi but it should be Halloween Themed.

A few rules:
1. The house(s) must be in UO. You cannot use HomeBuilder or any other applications as they contain tiles/items you cannot find in game. You actually need to decorate a home in UO to make this fair to everyone. These homes should be available for staff to visit if requested...meaning this has to be on a real UO Shard, not a freeshard/server.
2. Screenshots HAVE to be of homes in UO. Real life Homes do not apply for this contest. (yes I have received pics like this).
3. You can submit as much as you want, but you can only win once.
4. Any entries received by a different e-mail than the one listed below will be ignored.
5. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances. There are deadlines for a reason.
6. When you post the pictures or e-mail them to me, please include the shard you are on.

To make things easy, we have two ways for you to submit your entries. The first is to post them as attachments as replies to this thread.

Alternatively, you can just e-mail me the pics. My email is [email protected] I’ll edit them down to proper size/dimensions and host them on uohomedecor.com under the Deco Contests menu as well as post them to this thread for everyone to see.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:59 p.m. CDT Nov. 3, 2012.

A panel of judges will decide on the winners. If you are interested in being a judge, please reply to this thread or PM me. Winners will be announced Nov. 5.

Prizes are as follows (if anyone wants to sponsor prizes for future contests, please contact me):

1st place: 11th Year Collection
2nd place: Rechargeable Teleport Tiles
3rd place: Woodworker's Bench

Prizes may contain additions at a later point, which we will add here if it comes through. If you are on Siege, you can choose between the prizes listed or gold as I have 2m gold and 14th anni gifts on Siege.

Official news post here: UOHomeDecor Halloween Decorating Contest | UO Home Decor

Last edited:

Leodegan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is this open now? Im trying to e-mail them in but i keep getting delivery failure messages.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's open. What kind of delivery message are you getting?

Edit: N evermind, I have found the problem! my MX entries on my server disappeared.. Weird. Fixing it now.

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*bump* a little less than two days left to submit

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(just got power back today after that storm, glad I haven't missed this)​

The Spider King​
Some years ago, while walking in the woods near the hedge maze, I found an acorn. It was larger than the others scattered about and I brought it home to plant, thinking that it would grow into a fine tree.
The first year the little tree struggled thru a dry summer and a very bitter winter but hung on and in later years it grew very large and very strong.
I had planted it directly under our house sign, forgetting that it would eventually swallow it up, but it provided shade in the hot winds of July so I overlooked that error.
Somewhere in the tree's fourth or fifth year a tiny spider took up residence in the upper branches. I have a strong aversion to spiders but he was so far up I thought there would be no trouble about him landing on my shoulder. The spider grew quite large for that first year, but I knew that spiders rarely lasted thru a Skara Brae winter.
The tree continued to flourish there by the house sign and, indeed, became so laden with branches that it was difficult to see the trunk more than a few feet above the first spread of branches. Then late one spring, when the leaves should have been starting to acquire that deep green color of summer, they began to curl and turn grey. Slowly they dropped from the tree and upon touching the ground left a scorched mark where they had fallen. Completely perplexed by this I traveled to the Lyceum in Moonglow and returned with a mage who understood flora and fauna, but as we approached the house we stopped in our tracks at the sight before us.
That tiny spider had been growing in the upper reaches of that tree for all of these years. His venom had poisoned the tree and caused it to die. He spoke to us in a low voice, telling me that my house pleased him much more than the tree and that I was to vacate immediately as he was taking over ownership. "And," he said, "I intend to inform the new kind of your lands that Skara Brae will no longer bow down to anyone but me. I shall be the monarch of the new Kingdom of Skara Brae."
So there he sits, in my house, plotting against the throne of King Blackthorn. He seems delighted with Halloween, tho, and has provided a feast on the second floor, with dessert on the east patio, and has invited some witch friends to provide treats for any children that may happen to stop by.
So, if you dare, take a look around, enjoy the feast and the goodies. I shall be hiding nearby.... spiders still terrify me.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Got these. Glad to hear you're safe Devil's Own!

rmjcsr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it safe to clear the design we submitted in order to begin holiday houses?

Leodegan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Any news on when winners will be announced?

P.s. Herman and DevilsOwn those houses are AWESOME!!!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm a little behind on editing and posting due to my monitor being dead the last week fo the contest...and no volunteers for judges...so I'll be annuoncing them probably this weekend (I have the prizes already)