• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOGuide Seeking Reporters for New News Network

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am looking to gather some people together to form a news service to write about UO. This will sort of be different from what you've seen from Stratics in the past. There will be articles on: player reactions to publishes and game changes, coverage on major issues/concerns players have, things affecting UO outside the game, etc. Of course you can write about in-game and shard specific stuff too.

For example one of the first pieces I would like to see is going over the whole Stratics Auction. If you think about it now there is no one place a person can go that explains what happened. It is mostly broken into hundreds of forum posts. This needs to be collected into a news story.

These articles will be featured prominently on UOGuide, other UO fansites, and possibly larger more general gaming websites. The goal is to run it like a newspaper. Maybe you are studying journalism? This could be perfect for you. There won't be hard deadlines, but if you want to role play a reporter have at it.

If you would be interested in becoming a reporter for the UOGuide news service you can ICQ or private message me here on Stratics.

Have a Nice day.

Last edited:

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like this ALOT

/edit: I am no writer, but I love reading META related articles, as well as player opinions on mechanics etc....

I don't even play EVE-Online, but I read themittani.com religiously. I think it might be close to what you are trying to do JC maybe take a look at their writing format and things they talk about.

Alot of the articles revolve around the big battles, but nonetheless they are full of interviews with players about things going on in game.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not taking sides, but then again, I didn't think JC and Stratics was still slap-fighting. How does a thread seeking volunteers for UO's foremost (currently at least) Wiki make it into the Off Topic section? UOGuide is part of the UO community. It is a site SOLELY DEVOTED to UO. I'm fans of both parties here, which is why this disappoints. This looks petty, Stratics.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This could be a great benefit to the community, provided that there are interested people involved in this type of reporting. I think that this being moved among Donald Trump, Star Wars and word association posts was probably an accident.

Last edited:

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This could be a great benefit to the community, provided that there are interested people involved in this type of reporting. I think that this being moved among Donald Trump, Star Wars and word association posts was probably an accident.
*clap* Well played sir. I like what you did there.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if you may be interested in going this way for your site but may I suggest one of my favorite fan sites I use for GW2 uses Read Magazine (powered by Issuu) .

GuildMag Issue 15: Into the Heart of Maguuma - GuildMag

I enjoy this style like having a magazine in my computer or ipad. Instead of downloading the pdf file ( unless you want to) you can just click read and you get the magazine on your screen which you can zoom up and turn pages and close it when your done.