• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOGuide on Rares Collecting

G

I have finally begun constructing the rares section on UOGuide. The main page currently explains the history, different types of items, and some issues facing collectors. The next part will be getting started some of the different item sections.

uoguide.com/Rares

If anyone wants to add something, it can be done directly by registering an account and editing the page yourself. It is really easy. Or you can post a reply with the additional information and I can put it on.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohhh nice work JC! Thanks!

G

Very cool JC, tyvm for your time spent on keeping the rares profession alive. By the way, is your other site still on the horizon for updating and/or finishing? That site is by far one of my favorites for item searching and such.

M

mdacc#one

very nice, where can i sign up? certain things i need to edit hehe

G

Oh yah JC just what the doctor ordered..i like reading about uo history and especaily like to see the true/server rares etc...very well done...now i just need to make a quick hundred million so i can actaully buy a few of em!! muahahaaaa

G

<blockquote><hr>

Very cool JC, tyvm for your time spent on keeping the rares profession alive. By the way, is your other site still on the horizon for updating and/or finishing? That site is by far one of my favorites for item searching and such.

[/ QUOTE ]
Way back the plan on UORares was to build what is now known as a "wiki" type system which would allow other people to post items and keep it updated. There is no point in me building such a system anymore with the invention of wiki software.

The current plan is to eventually put all information in UORares on the UOGuide website and then maybe make UORares a type of portal which pulls content from UOGuide so that two different sites don't need to be updated. But the UORares website itself is not going to be seeing any updates for a long time.
<blockquote><hr>

very nice, where can i sign up? certain things i need to edit hehe

[/ QUOTE ]
The registration link is in the top right corner of every page.

On a side note, site seems to be painfully slow today. Sorry about that.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wondered what that flurry of activity from you on the site was all about.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I wondered what that flurry of activity from you on the site was all about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had some free time lately so I had been adding the basic stuff which hadn't been yet. Then decided to work on the Rares section.