• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UoGuide have virus?

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hi all,
i have a problem with uoguide.com
everytime i click, a pop-up appear and the browser are very slow with uoguide is open on my pc.
its the same for you?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had trouble with that site ever since they changed the way their ads play. I think the guy abandoned it over a year ago.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes I have the same trouble... if I'm playing the game and try to go to that site.. my computer just about freezes....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep, its the goofy ad-ware, and the 3 little movies it plays on the bottom of the screen as advertisements..

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
uoguide.com is a very usefully resource. i hope this site dont will down and go always on.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
The problem is you are getting pop ups while visiting site, very slow, etc?

Nothing wrong with uoguide my friend. I've never seen an ad on there ever but I use no scripts

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the guy abandoned the page, the ads have stopped playing the way they were. It used to be the ads at the bottom would yank your page down to the bottom to force you to watch them. No amount of moving back up the page would help, as the ads would just jerk your page right back down to the bottom. Over and over and over and .... The page was absolutely unusable. Scripts had nothing to do with it.....I don't know where that notion even came from. As I said, now that he has abandoned the page, the ads are no longer (mis)functioning like they were. I have no problem with the page now.

dingomate

Seasoned Veteran
no scripts blocks all forms of ads, apis, media, etc so you wouldnt get yanked down to begin with. just a suggestion but its not an issue anymore I guess

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no scripts blocks all forms of ads, apis, media, etc so you wouldnt get yanked down to begin with. just a suggestion but its not an issue anymore I guess
Ooooh, I didn't realize you were talking about an app named NoScripts. I thought you were saying that the guys having problems on the page were running illegal scripts in UO.