• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOF/UOHomeDecor.com Summer Theme Decorating Contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Back at it again, this time with contests run as a joint endeavor.

As the first contest UOHomeDecor.com and UOForums are hosting together this year, we've decided to do a summer themed decoration contest.

Decorators, you can submit anything you want, whether it be a room, an object, or an entire house. The sky is the limi but it should be Summer Themed.

A few rules:
1. The house(s) must be in UO. You cannot use HomeBuilder or any other applications as they contain tiles/items you cannot find in game. You actually need to decorate a home in UO to make this fair to everyone. These homes should be available for staff to visit if requested...meaning this has to be on a real UO Shard, not a freeshard/server.
2. Screenshots HAVE to be of homes in UO. Real life Homes do not apply for this contest. (yes I have received pics like this).
3. You can submit as much as you want, but you can only win once.
4. Any entries received by a different e-mail than the one listed below will be ignored.
5. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances. There are deadlines for a reason.
6. When you post the pictures or e-mail them to me, please include the shard you are on.

To make things easy, we have two ways for you to submit your entries. The first is to post them as attachments at Ulitma Online Forums (I can't link due to rules).

Alternatively, you can just e-mail me the pics. My email is [email protected] I’ll edit them down to proper size/dimensions and host them on uohomedecor.com under the Deco Contests menu as well as post them to this thread for everyone to see.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECIEVED NO LATER THAN 11:59 p.m. CDT August 13, 2011.

A panel of judges will decide on the winners. If you are interested in being a judge, please reply to this thread or PM me.

Prizes, provided by Lord Nabin who is sponsoring the contest, are as follows:

1st Place: 15m on production shards
2nd Place: 10m on production shards
3rd Place: 5m on production shards

Prizes may contain additions at a later point, which we will add here if it comes through. We are determining prize amounts for Siege at this time.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello...
I have a place on GL Tokuno main city south road accros from the docks...
Rite on the corner , if your around that area could you tell me what part or if it would qualify...

Thanks...

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can drop by, but it's a summer theme contest, so it's really up to you. Obviously, Christmas/Halloween stuff wouldn't be appropriate, but almost anything could qualify as summer stuff.

I'll try to drop by this evening sometime. What name is on the house?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ocean View
And the owner is Spite...

Its rite infront of the dock entrance almost cant miss it...
And thank you..

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All submitted entries can be found between these two news posts:

First set of entries received: Contest Entries | UO Home Decor

Second set of entries: Final Contest Entries | UO Home Decor

Winners will be announced in a week or two (depending on when judges finish things up).

Sorry for delay in responses to e-mails. If you submited an e-mail you should have received a reply today. If you did not, please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll see if it went to Spam. Delay was due to storms blowing up some stuff at my office and being the back up tech (and our tech was on vacation) I was busy all week fixing broken things.

We also have a facebook page for the site, which can be found at UO Home Decor | Facebook