• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
UOCartographer

Tools UOCartographer 0.9.8.1

No permission to download

Trevor Peterson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I downloaded pinco's but i started clienting a lot after i installed it so im trying to get those uoc mod to work but i cant it wont track my character i followed all the steps but step 5 cus i dont want labels. anyone else have this problem?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a setting on the Options Tab in the Settings you need to check: "Enable UO Cartographer/Mapper". You may have to exit UO after you set it to get it to work.

Trevor Peterson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There's a setting on the Options Tab in the Settings you need to check: "Enable UO Cartographer/Mapper". You may have to exit UO after you set it to get it to work.
is that for pinco's? because i got pinco's to work by doing that but its making me crach a bunch... do you have to check that if you download the UOC mod for non pinco's users too because it didnt have that option in the options

Trevor Peterson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i still cant get the UOC mod for the non pinco's users to work. it wont track my character. i extracted it to the EC folder and followed the steps and it works fine it just wont track. anyone of have any ideas?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Kirthag submitted a new resource:

UOCartographer - Map tool which will track users and friends.

The website provides a home for the UOCartographer utility, along with history and tips on how use the software.

It should be noted that this particular tool is no longer supported or being maintained by the original developer. Also this is noted on the supplying website.

Although this tools is not on the official list from EA, it is one of the more popular third party map tools in use with the Enhanced Client outside of Pinco's Client.

You can read about the use of this tool in...
Read more about this resource...

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Please refer to the UOCartographer Resource(http://stratics.com/community/resources/uocartographer.15/) as we are working to organize the tools and resources for the game.

I'm locking this thread and unstickying it as a link is provided with the Resource to here. Please keep all discussion within the Resource Discussion tab related to the Resource Post.

Thanks everyone!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corrected the setup instructions for running the map on enhanced client for non Pinco's UI users

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As thanks, can I get a volunteer to host a server for me?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
stratics can host. see the pm

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To add the eodon maps, update your EC client, then in Options on cartographer, click Rebuild.
(Updated the labels to add eodon, you'll need to redownload them)

Reactions: ake

Kei

Knight of Kingdom of God
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not working for me. I am on CC.

It is tracking me fine in Malas but as soon as I change facet to Felucca, it is a blackscreen (I believe it is still on Malas Map). Tried manually changing facet but walking a few steps sends the screen back to whatever map I was on when I logged in.

Running on ver 9.8.1 and given admin privilege.

Some help?

Last edited:

Ossy

Adventurer
I got Cartographer installed, along with the additional labels and files. How do I link it so it views my character when in game? What is the server information it's looking for? Do I put in my UO account and password?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got Cartographer installed, along with the additional labels and files. How do I link it so it views my character when in game? What is the server information it's looking for? Do I put in my UO account and password?
Don't put in your UO account. You put in the server details you are trying to connect to.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Adventures,

When ever someone gets around to see this question - Is there another way around using UOA? I generally run a few clients and UOA gives me problems..

Be blessed,
Frederick
Spellbreaker

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plz fix the description for EC users.
At the main part you wrote:

"Non Pinco's UI users: need to create a new folder inside the "UserInterface" folder where the Enhanced Client is installed,
(normally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface)
download the UOCartographerMod.zip and open, Extract all files and folders to this newly created folder."

But below you wrote the "real" information:
"the mod files should be located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\New folder\Mods\UOCartographerMod"

PLZ place the correct path in to the main section.
This will save 10+ atempts for lots of ppl.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plz fix the description for EC users.
At the main part you wrote:

"Non Pinco's UI users: need to create a new folder inside the "UserInterface" folder where the Enhanced Client is installed,
(normally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface)
download the UOCartographerMod.zip and open, Extract all files and folders to this newly created folder."

But below you wrote the "real" information:
"the mod files should be located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\New folder\Mods\UOCartographerMod"

PLZ place the correct path in to the main section.
This will save 10+ atempts for lots of ppl.
But then people will be looking for a folder that does not exist. I do not beleive i can simplify the instructions any further.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the years, i have edited the instuctions over 50 times, as people keep finding new and stupid ways of doing it wrong. I even went so far as creating a video.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just downloaded and got it up and running in minutes. Not a single tear, swearword, temper tantrum, smashed computer, storming out the door, etc.
Thank you for being so clear. First time I've got this program to run in over a decade.

*hugs* and a huge thank you!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corrected the labels for the teleporters at t2a ice east fel.

SteedaFLA

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I tried getting this to work and it could never follow my character. I used Ultima Mappter instead. Hopefully this helps a few people out.