• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOC and it's use?

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

Got UOC all loaded up and not sure what it is I expected...but I haven't actually found a use for it.

At the present, I open a map and head to the general location, I take a screen shot, open that in MSPaint, zoom in, pick out some landmarks to get as close as I can ( I moved mining to a stone ) and so far, in less than 2 or 3 minutes, I'm digging.

Back in the day, I seem to remember using UOC and UOAM and they were very useful ( I'm getting old so maybe my memory is playing tricks on me ). So what am I missing folks?

Appreciate any education y'all can provide.

Mac

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I find it very useful on treasure hunting and in general when moving. I guess each person will feel different on it's usefulness. Are you using the EC or CC? If you are using EC, are you using Pinco's UI?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Back before they randomized the T-map spots, the UOAM Treasure Map location file (with the 200 map locations marked) worked with UOC (still does, it's just the maps aren't at those spots anymore).

The current usefulness is more for fishers than T-hunters, in relation to this forum. There's an old FCB spreadsheet (that I've converted into a Google Doc for anyone to use) that you can use to plug in your SOS coordinates, and it will generate the SOS locations in UOAM/UOC data, that you can then just copy the data column generated, and paste into any .map file in the program directory (or create one just for that purpose).

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Uo cartographer to find maps (classic client). I bring up UO cart to close to the size of the map and use a straight line to find landmarks of where I should be (no mining) then I dig around sometimes takes me a while but most often within a minute or two I have the location. I use it for fishing sometimes you can read the lattitude and longitude off the map so it easier than having to repeatedly use the sextant but then I am old style fisher/cartographer and used to using the sextant.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks and thanks for the replies, this is, at least, not an indication that I'm losing my mind from old age.

Lestat,
I am using EC and Pinco's, got some deep down hidden secrets you wanna impart?
"I guess each person will feel different on it's usefulness."
Yeap, ain't it the truth. I guess since I restarted without it and using the EC and Pinco's, it's what I have gotten used to in the last few months. Always looking for a useful and easy to use addon though.

Perc,
Sounds like we kinda do the same thing, and it seems we are (at this point for me at least), getting the same results, we're having fun and finding treasure.

Basara,
I saw your worksheet and read the thread 2 or 3 times, before I finally got the drift of what it was and what it was being used for. I wonder what I did with my fisherman?

Again, thanks Bros, much appreciated and if you hear of or know of any useful stuff, please, make sure you tell me.

Thanks,
Mac

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When using Pinco's, I have the scale option turned on and then enlarge the treasure map. Then I find the relative location on UOC and enlarge the map to as close to the same size and compare landmarks. I generally get very close this way and can find the treasure within a couple of minutes and I do not have mining. If I had room for mining, I would probably find the treasure almost immediately. I hope this helps.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so I used the scale option you were talking about to enlarge the TMap, and now I have saved myself the use of a diff program (MS Paint) to enlarge the map. Worked quite well, now...if there was a way to sort of do one map or the other in kind of a transparency mode so we could overlay one on top of the other.......

Ahhh, such a pretty little dream......

Thanks Lestat,

Mac

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED