• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOassist woes

• Thread starter imported_Prendergast
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Prendergast

Hi there!

Budding crafter here, trying to learn the ropes. I can't get UOassist to follow my bidding though.

I've read the FAQ. I've tried to make the suggested UOassist macro (for creating and immediately smelting) plate helmets. The macro itself *looks* fine BUT i cant change "use item" to "use item type" on my smith's hammers
, thus rendering the macro pretty useless.

So, my question is: What macro's do (did) you use when training smithing? Would you be willing to share that knowledge?

TIA

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
check to make sure the lock isnt locked its the lower right padlock so mack sure you are on your craft macro and check the lock

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

Years ago stuff would drop to the floor when your bag was full.:) The latest macro that I did was with circlets it made a bunch of circlets in my recycle bag. The UO assist recycle bag is created by using the agent tab and selecting recycle bag and then targeting the desired bag. I then put my ingots in the bag and set it to make a bunch of circlets. Then I use the recycle bag manually and repeat this process. Now I would use the UO recycle bag because it's faster at recycling (you buy them from the provisioner). The reason I did manual recycling is to try to avoid recycling stuff I don't want to recycle.

T

Trukx

<blockquote><hr>

BUT i cant change "use item" to "use item type"

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you record your macro...use the UOA macro button (usually Num Lock) for "Count Resources". This is a long time error in UOA and is almost always fixed using this. When you rerecord the macro, you should be fine.

My smithing UOA macro looks like:

Use Item (convert to use item type=tongs)
Menu selection (Make item)
delay 2000
Use item (convert to use item type=tongs)
Menu Selection (smelt)
target (target whatever, reset to target type)

may need to mess w/ delay based on lag.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

Another method I use is to select the item I want to use then for the macro I start with use last item macro and do that. What will happen is that you will have to click on another hammer/tongs when you destroy the one you're using. This one macro can be used with different tools and skills. If you want to be as fast as possible or get gains as fast as possible, then you will want to make items in the recycle bag remove the ingots and smelt then put the ingots back in and start the macro again. If you use the macro where you make one, smelt one, it will take you almost twice as long to make items or gain skills since half the time you will be smelting. If they fixed the smelting bag then you should be able to leave the ingots in the bag when you smelt.

baxcir

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If they fixed the smelting bag then you should be able to leave the ingots in the bag when you smelt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smelting bag is fixed. Just remember to move the re-claimed ingots back to the recycle bag before you relaunch your macro. (Doh!). Recycled ingots apprear in your main pack.