• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAssist: Mac and Wine

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can't seem to make the newest version of UOAssist run on a Mac using Wine. Anyone who can offer any insight? I'd also be open to trying CrossOver, if someone can confirm that it supports UOA.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to make the newest version of UOAssist run on a Mac using Wine. Anyone who can offer any insight? I'd also be open to trying CrossOver, if someone can confirm that it supports UOA.
That is unfortunate, but I think there may be a simple answer. I will assume that UOA installed successfully, but will not launch UO. I really like Wine 1.2RC3, the Wine environment variable allows you to create bottles like in crossover.

You need 2 things to launch UO from UOA.

1) Have a version of internet explorer installed under Wine. UOA doesn't work with the default HTML renderer. I use IE 6 with all the security settings locked down, but IE7 also works.

2) On the UOA settings screen: Loading UOAssist using Method 3 (newest).

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
So, I'm brand new to Wine. After downloading UOA, I attempted to run the executable: wine uoassist.exe. When I enter the command, UOAssist opens as if it is going to load, but then I receive the following error:

"The program uoassist.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close."

If I install IE7 using Wine, will this remedy the problem?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need Bourbon, I've seen this before.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
you need Bourbon, I've seen this before.
lol. Fresh out of bourbon. Will scotch work? :lol: