• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAssist is up and running

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The web page was down for a while - which was annoying because I was switching computers and needed to redo my seeds/keys on the new machine.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HURRAYYYYYYY !!

I was getting much worried this one time that I could have no longer played using the Classic Client and I honestly do not like the Graphics of the Enhanced Client but luckily, these news about UOAssist have solved my dilemma !

Thanks Tugsoft SO much !!

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can this program be used to loot only gold from monsters that are stacked on top of each other? It would save me getting carpel tunnel the way things are atm and also what is left of my sanity. :coco:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it cannot be used for that task.
You can use the enhanced client for that. It does get a little buggy at times.

Let's face it one of these days UO Assist is going to go poof. It can't be generating that much revenue anymore.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
who cares? There are better (and free) alternatives
But unlike UOA these are most likely NOT approved (for all that''s worth) and thus could cause player issues if found out. Then again, with the current apparent "meh" attitude of the Devs anything is possible.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
who cares? There are better (and free) alternatives
You are %100 right but you also failed to mention that they are also %100 illegal and as it may appear that the DEVs are not enforcing it at this time they can get you banned so use them at your own risk.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Pardon my lack of UOA education:

Can you please list the ways UOA is/can be used? What specifically does it do? TY in advance.:)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
RE: Looting from stacked creatures.

UO Classic client macro to open stacked corpses - a whopping two lines.

Last Object
Last Target.

proceed to looting open corpses manually.

Been using that macro since 2003. It's the Swiss Army Knife of UO Macros. It can be used to -
  • Access stacked corpses
  • bandage your last target (great for cross-healing/vetting without a dedicated macro for that specific target)
  • mining
  • lumberjacking
  • cutting leather from stacked corpses
  • repeat lockpicking attempts after a failure
  • repeat POF applications after the first
  • Several other uses I can't remember right now, but will probably come back to me when I'm playing later.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it cannot be used for that task.
Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Basara, you missed the main point but thank you very much anyway. :thumbsup:

To clarify, the loot on most corpses aren't worth the time to look through imho, when using my sampire, tamer or bard, there is a tendency for the corpses to fall on top of each other. I have a macro like you described already, it does not solve the problem of saving the player carpel tunnel syndrome or their sanity while looting just the gold. I gave up on items a long, long time ago even wearing extremely high luck suit on monster corpses unless they are peerless.

In crowded dungeons there is still a lot of movement grabbing the gold (even using crt+shift which is just more key mashing and mouse movement) and shuffling it from 30-40 stacked creatures - it's more or less damn near enough to drive me insane. (We are what we eat though) :stir: I will give the macro kudos for at least opening "most" of the corpses if you want to smash the macro button 30-40 times on 30-40 creatures if not more, then 30-40 movements of the mouse to move gold to the player pack...God forbid if you get interrupted by respawn, then you have to do it all over again.

I was hoping at some point the developers would make a toggle like most of the other games I play have (Rift for one) and that is to harvest gold only if the creatures are in a pile or within a certain proximity of each other. It literally keeps people in the game longer, restores sanity and it also is a helluva a LOT more enjoyable than mashing a key for the 5000th time today and literally wanting to faceroll a keyboard or crush a mouse.

The whole point being, how hard can it be to make an area of effect macro for both clients to collect gold from a certain radius using just ONE "key press" instead of mashing a button countless times? I'm not asking for anything illegal, although if I did want to do anything illegal (which I don't) I would do as was alluded to. There are already programs available to do this, I just wish the developers had a larger staff and more ambition to improve the game. I've often wished someone would remake this game and make it more modern...not EC modern but 2019 modern but it is what it is.

Zalan, thanks for the suggestion, I can't handle the EC after playing this game for so long using the classic client. I do like the looting ability and a few more macros in the EC but the game just doesn't look or play "right" for me.

Last edited:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is an new option to auto open new corpses in the cc. Why not ask the devs for a collect gold button at the bag at the next meet&greet. But I think this will result in A new age of gold farming with 24x7 macro dummies.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Basara, you missed the main point but thank you very much anyway. :thumbsup:

To clarify, the loot on most corpses aren't worth the time to look through imho, when using my sampire, tamer or bard, there is a tendency for the corpses to fall on top of each other. I have a macro like you described already, it does not solve the problem of saving the player carpel tunnel syndrome or their sanity while looting just the gold. I gave up on items a long, long time ago even wearing extremely high luck suit on monster corpses unless they are peerless.

In crowded dungeons there is still a lot of movement grabbing the gold (even using crt+shift which is just more key mashing and mouse movement) and shuffling it from 30-40 stacked creatures - it's more or less damn near enough to drive me insane. (We are what we eat though) :stir: I will give the macro kudos for at least opening "most" of the corpses if you want to smash the macro button 30-40 times on 30-40 creatures if not more, then 30-40 movements of the mouse to move gold to the player pack...God forbid if you get interrupted by respawn, then you have to do it all over again.

I was hoping at some point the developers would make a toggle like most of the other games I play have (Rift for one) and that is to harvest gold only if the creatures are in a pile or within a certain proximity of each other. It literally keeps people in the game longer, restores sanity and it also is a helluva a LOT more enjoyable than mashing a key for the 5000th time today and literally wanting to faceroll a keyboard or crush a mouse.

The whole point being, how hard can it be to make an area of effect macro for both clients to collect gold from a certain radius using just ONE "key press" instead of mashing a button countless times? I'm not asking for anything illegal, although if I did want to do anything illegal (which I don't) I would do as was alluded to. There are already programs available to do this, I just wish the developers had a larger staff and more ambition to improve the game. I've often wished someone would remake this game and make it more modern...not EC modern but 2019 modern but it is what it is.

Zalan, thanks for the suggestion, I can't handle the EC after playing this game for so long using the classic client. I do like the looting ability and a few more macros in the EC but the game just doesn't look or play "right" for me.
I like the way Black Desert does it and you have tiered pets... higher the tier faster they loot for you... corse your pack fills pretty fast this way but it's nice to not have to go click on every corpse and just concentrate on killing and staying alive. You can have up to 5 pets out at a time and they give you tiny bonuses to things depending on what tier and type of pet they are... anything from a bonus to skill gaining to bonuses in knowledge gains and such... pretty nice IMO...

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an new option to auto open new corpses in the cc. Why not ask the devs for a collect gold button at the bag at the next meet&greet. But I think this will result in A new age of gold farming with 24x7 macro dummies.
Thanks Coco! The auto open worked for about 3 days then ceased to operate, so I was using the good old ancient macro Basara mentioned then got tired of mashing buttons with sore wrists. :wall: None of us veterans are getting any younger, my wrists and hands aren't what they used to be even for a couple of in-game hours of looting, after that I just don't want to play anymore or if I do continue to play I just leave the corpses and loot laying. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun AND it is! I really wish they would add this feature though.

As far as automated farming goes, supposedly there are already programs that auto loot, anyone can download one but I don't want to jeopardize my account(s) just because I'm sick of sore wrists and carpel tunnel syndrome! I've seen some in action at Halloween dungeon when boss would drop gold to the ground it would be gone so fast that if I wasn't paying attention I would have thought the Boss was broken. :eyes: I was under the impression most of the gold sold online was duped anyway??

@MalagAste I'll have to check out Black Desert, it sounds well thought out and interesting.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Arrgh it's a fun game can be a tad grindy but even though it's open PvP everywhere it's really not too bad... really enjoying it so far. The crafting, gathering, fishing, horse breeding and training.... and hunting... quests are easy and enjoyable. Housing reminds me of Sims a bit...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Coco! The auto open worked for about 3 days then ceased to operate
I still wonder which friend they made that for. It's only in the CC, only supposed to work for dexers, never really seen requested anywhere, yet they found time to do this. Nothing to see here.. please move along.. :next:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still wonder which friend they made that for. It's only in the CC, only supposed to work for dexers, never really seen requested anywhere, yet they found time to do this. Nothing to see here.. please move along.. :next:
We all iz their friends. Didn't ya know dat? :p So dey duz it 'cause dey lubs us!

Yeah ... and I have a bridge I can sell ya too.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the organizer agents and other agents in Uoassist can be really handy if you are creative, it can save you tons of clicks