• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOam

G

I have just downloaded UOAM and when i use it all shows, but the map it self.
Any one got an ide how to solve it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have just downloaded UOAM and when i use it all shows, but the map it self.
Any one got an ide how to solve it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I understand your question but I will attempt an answer.
If you do not have the border around the map with the options available simply double click anywhere on the map. If it shows you in the wrong place you will need to calibrate it by clicking on UO option at the top, you will have an option to enter sextant coordinance (be sure you are standing on the ground level when doing this).Also be sure you are in the correct map by selecting Map, World and selecting the map you are on.
Hope this helps.

G

I try to explain again.
I see all houses and all that stuff, but the ground is missing so the mapp is black what houses and special landmarks only.

S

Sees Far

Also, UOAM is no longer being updated by the developer. It should still work fine for now, but any new terrain will not be visible. Read more here: http://uoam.net/

G

Just downloaded it again the other day due to a HD crash. Mine runs &amp; works/shows just fine. Shows everything as it should. Make sure in the prefs all are set correctly. (I am using the last Beta Version, think it is 8.03 or something close)

G

Make sure your run UO Assist too or it might not track you char (you don't need to pay for UOA it just needs to be running).

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a black map when i installed uoam on my new computer with vista. i downloaded it w/out "run as administrator". I deleted uoam and reinstalled as administrator and had no problems.

now if i can just get vista to remember my uoassist info i wont have to keep submitting seed for key everytime i switch accounts. even opening uo as administrator...it works for a bit (switching b/w accts)..but then stops remembering.

Good luck.

G

Funny i run vista ult. and i dont have that problem with uoa.

K

Kith Kanan

I wish it would run with KR , or that it would co-op with the tracking in KR ......

I

imported_Lyconis

UOAM generates map files from the system itself.
check the UOAM folder e.g.
c:\program files\uoam\
for files named MAP####-xx.BMP where # is a number and x is a variable e.g.
MAP2097782-1.BMP

If those files don't exist I'd assume thats why there is a black void for terrain.

Sounds like the other posters comment about running as administrator should hit the nail on the head. If you don't have access rights those files won't be created.

Also make sure that UOAM knows where the UO folder is located. If the administrator installation doesn't work you may want to do some research on this.

G

I had to type in the direction to the client and now all are ok.

Thx all for the help.