• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM

G

I recently have tried to download UOAM. It tries to go to snugsoft web site but never seems to hook up? I tells me at the end I downloaded 1 of 6 files and then tells me that UOAM will not run because down load has not been completed. Tried to email the guy who runs the sight but have gotten no response. Any one have any ideas?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Belxan is no longer supporting UOAM. It hasn't been updated in a long time either.

He's decided not to allow anyone else to continue supporting it either so I imagine someday UOAM will be so far out of date that it isn't useable anymore.

If you can't download it you might try seeing if someone can send you the setup file.

G

Try again later. While UOAM has not been updated for ~4 years it still works fine.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes what JC stated is correct. My UOAM works fine also. I just checked the uoam.net site and it says the file is still available for download.

Give it another try.

uoam.net

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded UOAM last week and it worked fine.

A

Azural Kane

He's not talking about the setup file itself he's talking about the tugsoft connecton to download the full content / map bmps :/

G

Tugsoft has nothing at all to do with Auto-Map, other than providing a link to it on his Other Tools page.

A

Azural Kane

thats what i thought too except it says "trying to connect to tugsoft" to download some file, presumably the map .bmps?

G

I believe the actual map files come from UO. The only reason I can think of why UOAM would connect to Tugsoft might be if you're trying to use features of UOAM that require UOAssist. There are some pieces of UOAM that are meant to work with UOA (such as house logging). As I recall, you can download and run an unregistered copy of UOA to make those work.

Got a screenshot of the message you get from UOAM?