• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOA Titlebar Display problem

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I included a screenshot below. Does anyone know what causes the title bar to do this when the UOA titlebar display is turned on? There is extra "Ult" text that always appears just to the right of the logo in the titlebar, but more annoying is that the game window itself is overlapping slightly onto my second monitor. The minimize, restore, and close buttons on the titlebar also don't work properly, as I have to click slightly off to the side for the clicks to register. It is like there is a window scaling issue that only occurs when the UOA titlebar display is used. If I turn it off, everything goes back to normal. Does anyone know whether there is a fix for this?

uoa_titlebar.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can move the Title bar... just grab it and put it back where you want it

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Perhaps the ultima online file name has been renamed
But if you want you can remove all the text,
under UOAssist > display
uncheck Name

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can move the Title bar... just grab it and put it back where you want it
I'm not sure what you mean. I can move the whole window, but that doesn't help with the issue.
Perhaps the ultima online file name has been renamed
But if you want you can remove all the text,
under UOAssist > display
uncheck Name
Removing all the text doesn't help. It still shows that "Ult" text and has the other problems I described. The only way to resolve that is to not use the titlebar display at all, which isn't ideal.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I guess something in your uoassist has been corrupt, save all macros some other place, then delete uoassist and dowload it again. Didnt see any specific file to change the screen so its proably built in. Its really strange it seems like it writes over itself but then the screen is correct just the titlebar that's extra long.

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I guess something in your uoassist has been corrupt, save all macros some other place, then delete uoassist and dowload it again. Didnt see any specific file to change the screen so its proably built in. Its really strange it seems like it writes over itself but then the screen is correct just the titlebar that's extra long.
I can try that, but I have seen screenshots in the past posted by other people that showed this same behavior, so I don't think it's just my install.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Just checked mine and it's the same but since I run it in window mode it doesnt bother me except when trying to hit the anything in the upper right corner. Been so for a long time havent noticed the extra ult just.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mine's been like that for most (if not all) of the last decade.