• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOA question

• Thread starter grandpa otis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

grandpa otis

CAn someone clue me in as to why my UOA macro will not allow me the option to "use item type",,, have tried a dagger, a lute, and scissors,,, ,,whn using the item in a macro now that option is in shadow and will not allow me to select it??? Was able to use tht option in the past?

B

Beer_Cayse

First off, have you actually registered UOA for the $15 cost? This might be a feature that is not available except when registered. It's been a long time so I forget what is not available in unregistered UOA.

If registered, try removing and then re-recording the macro. To clear it, simply select the macro number on the Macros tab. Click RECORD then click STOP. You've now cleared the macro.

Record that thing again in the same slot. Click the STOP and then immediately right-click 'Use item' in the white window and set to 'Use item type'. That **should** fix it.

If not, clear the macro again. Click RECORD and then set 'Use item' to 'Use item type', THEN click STOP.

G

grandpa otis

Have tried all that,, originally was making a macro for discord using a lute,, when couldn't use option "use item type" have experimented with trying to reset item(which works but new item still won't allow option) and with several diff items in diff macroes,,,same problem, cant use item type option,,, have used UOA for approximately 10 years ,,, my mind is a bit old and slow,, but seems I had this problem once bout a yr ago but for the life of me can't remember what caused it or how I corrected it?

B

Beer_Cayse

Hmmmm ... lutes, etc do not wear out do they? It might be type is disabled due to that. No durability = no wear out = no need for type designation? <shrug>

Off the top of my head, I am tapped for ideas right now. Sorry.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a character who was bugged for a while where I couldn't turn anything to "use item type" - only that one character. Eventually, something happened to where it fixed itself - not sure what.

If it's just that one character (create a dummy character on another shard, to test, if on SP), then try making an appropriately numbered macro on another character, and if you succeed, copy and paste that working macro into UOAssist's macro directory for your problem character.

If it's account-wide, I'd be tempted to copy the character folders off somewhere, delete the originals, redo the macros, and if they work, slowly recopy the older folders back over to your new ones, except for the new macros (to get your desktops back, etc.).

And yes, lutes wear out, but only if used in conjunction with a skill - of course, you don't need the use item or use item type line to use your last instrument with skills - it does so automatically, then when the instrument breaks you just have to use a different instrument manually once, to get it to change over.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you forgot to do a "count resources" in UOA.

Do that first. Either by
1) clicking the "count resources" button under the "resources" tab or
1a) hit your "count resources" key (default should be numlock)

Then re-select the item (or re-record the macro). You should be able to change it to item type now.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Sounds like you forgot to do a "count resources" in UOA.

Do that first. Either by
1) clicking the "count resources" button under the "resources" tab or
1a) hit your "count resources" key (default should be numlock)

Then re-select the item (or re-record the macro). You should be able to change it to item type now.
Damn! Ya beat me to it. :)