• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOA can't connect to Updateace

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My PC did a bunch of updates (fun, especially since I have all updates turned off) and now it can't seem to connect to the UOA update server.

Any Windows wizards out there have suggestions to fix this? I've turned off firewalls and windows defender and it still didn't help.

updateace.png

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this help?

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
What operating system? If Windows, you should be able to mark your network as having a metered connection, to block automatic updates.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Check to see if your home network was reset to "public" , different firewall rules
Make sure you're running as admin
M$ is in the final phases of rolling out a multiyear shutdown of old TLS versions, if you haven't patched in a long time this might be a culprit

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My PC did a bunch of updates (fun, especially since I have all updates turned off) and now it can't seem to connect to the UOA update server.

Any Windows wizards out there have suggestions to fix this? I've turned off firewalls and windows defender and it still didn't help.

View attachment 148389
I had / have this issue as well. It happened when I was on Win7 which I thought must have been because I needed to update to Win10.... I updated to Win10 but still was failing to connect to theserver.

The good news is that you can still go to the tugsoft website and manually connect to the update server. This will at least allow you to use UOA if you've exhausted your 10 failed attempts and refresh them. I had some success doing that and was able to use UOA without an issue for a few days but when I made it a short cut it started randomly failing and throwing this message.... it still successfully connects though after a few attempts so I haven't dug too further into it but it might be where the short cut is pointing?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had / have this issue as well. It happened when I was on Win7 which I thought must have been because I needed to update to Win10.... I updated to Win10 but still was failing to connect to theserver.

The good news is that you can still go to the tugsoft website and manually connect to the update server. This will at least allow you to use UOA if you've exhausted your 10 failed attempts and refresh them. I had some success doing that and was able to use UOA without an issue for a few days but when I made it a short cut it started randomly failing and throwing this message.... it still successfully connects though after a few attempts so I haven't dug too further into it but it might be where the short cut is pointing?
Unfortunately it still won't connect properly after various suggestions and all it keeps saying is port 80/443 error. No matter what I do to said port it just refuses to allow the connection.

When I hit my 10 attempts I just load uoa.exe direct from the root file and it restarts the timer...if I don't figure out the proper fix I'll just do this until my next PC upgrade in which I'll go with a Linux system and never deal with Windows and their ridiculous horses$hit ever again. I am at a loss at how much Windows now acts like a virus with all their nanny BS.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somewhere around here there's an instruction on how to disable the update requirement. I thought it was the -q suffix that's mentioned in the post I linked to?