• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Video Tutorials

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

First off: if it's against the forums rules to promote other sites, please remove this thread.

Having said that: I recently tried my hands at the new animal training and was kind of confused. So I went to youtube to search for some tutorials and found none. While I was looking around, I noticed there are not many but a few tutorials. So, to make it easier for others, I started a fandom site where I collect video tutorials for UO. I feel like this is the most common type of media for walkthroughs and such for most games nowadays.

You can find it here: Ultima Online Tutorials Wiki

I know there are a lot of other places to find information about UO - the official wiki, stratics, uoguide and others, but this is mainly for videos and in no way intented as a competition but as an additional resource for videos.

Right now it's still very empty, so if you happen to know about any tutorials, guides or howtos, please let me know. Oh, and I wouldn't mind if you spread the word about my little project here ;-)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, my search skills may be lacking, but this is just one more reason to collect useful vids, imo. Most videos I found were just let's plays or fights not tutorials and guides. Or covered unofficial shards, which I don't want to include.

But thanks for the pointers, I will have a good look at your videos and link to them if you agree. Will do the same for the other people.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try searching for 'video' on stratics :) You can link to mine if you like, but they're not that good. I have neither the skills nor the equipment to make the best quality images.

Malforce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for putting those up. I went back and watched a bunch of those this morning. I was able to find many of them just by searching those names on youtube. Your vids are good Petra, lots of fun to watch!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just need to figure out some software to do some video editing to actually make tutorials. They are more just demostrations of how some suits/templates handle.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just need to figure out some software to do some video editing to actually make tutorials. They are more just demostrations of how some suits/templates handle.
Hey, that's great! I'm sure some people will find that useful!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but you're internet search skills are less than outstanding if you can find no videos. @Wing Zero Straight Edge @King Greg @BearCorpse @Eärendil all have made videos, not to mention my own poor efforts Petra Fyde
I think one issue we have, though, is there are a ton of videos on YouTube from emulated shards. If someone just does a blind YouTube search, it can get confusing because of those videos. For example, if I YouTube search for the Gauntlet, I get a video from an emulated shard showing a sampire doing the Gauntlet.

Just saying! :)

Anyhow, I made really one video way back when (5 years ago I guess) on how to do the New Leadership quest:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I made my lone video back then I used HyperCam 2, VirtualDub, and Audacity. I added a track of audio to the video after the fact in Audacity. I am sure there are better ways to go about it, but those programs were all free (and I think you can still acquire all of them for free).

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think one issue we have, though, is there are a ton of videos on YouTube from emulated shards. If someone just does a blind YouTube search, it can get confusing because of those videos. For example, if I YouTube search for the Gauntlet, I get a video from an emulated shard showing a sampire doing the Gauntlet.
Exactly, the freeshard communities seems to be more active on youtube than the official UO community. Which is a shame!

But thanks for the video G.v.P., it is really nicely done - you should do more :)