• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Stuff 4 Sale for real $ by EA. What should be added?

G

Hail: Currently on the main UO site, besides new/upgraded accounts, or game time codes, you can buy the following for real $.

7th charater slot
storage increase
green soulstone
charger of the fallen
hooded shroud of shadows
name change token
gender change token
transfer token
advanced charaters, 10 templates to choose from

This is of course just extra money for EA. So, What should be added to this list, and why? Opinions will vary greatly, and since this is just random thoughts, don't flame people just because they think one thing, and you think another. n :)

I will go first. EA Owns the game, and all content in the game. There are maybe 10's of thousands of accounts that were created over the last 10 years, that are not, have not been, and never will be reactivated. I have 1 of them. It is 9 years old, in another state, local e mail, and so on. I maybe could guess the account name, but no clu on the password. I only know general information. So, it is impossible for me to reactivate it. But it is still in the system.

EA SHOULD TAKE IT, AND THE OTHERS, AND SELL THEM. After attempting to contack the registered owner of course. Buy one account, and get an inactive, random, existing aacount for free. Or, buy a random existing account for $x.

Why Not?

And you all's things that should be sold by EA?

C

Cygnas

Special code to allow customizing the interior only of Keeps, Castles and Large Towers.

People want to customize these (me included) so this is one way that would also generate a bit of income for EA. I would for $7.95.

I

imported_KoolAidAddict

Some sort of inexpensive amount per, to re-activate soul stones that are currently attached to another account.
I have IDOC'd about 30 of these.......would be nice to be able to use them.

They have already gotten the amount it cost to have them to begin with, and this lesser amount would be above and beyond, IMO of course.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the only thing I would like to see is an extra house, even if it was still one per shard. I play 2 shards and I hate living out of my bankbox.

G

I would go for a token that allows a second house on the account.

Or a token that allows you to have a basement on your existing house....the basement would be virtual to the house of course, and have the same footprint as the house (7x7, 18x18 etc.) and be fully customizable for the interior.

M

Millie

<blockquote><hr>

About the only thing I would like to see is an extra house, even if it was still one per shard. I play 2 shards and I hate living out of my bankbox.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be nice, even if the second house could only be a small marble or 8x8 on the second shard.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see a second house allowed per account even if on another shard. I also play 2 shards and it gets very difficult. Especially when they keep giving us more and more nonstackable items.

I also like the idea of customizing a keep/castle. And the soulstone idea. There are a ton of useless soulstones out there from idocs and such.

S

Sees Far

<blockquote><hr>

EA SHOULD TAKE IT, AND THE OTHERS, AND SELL THEM. After attempting to contack the registered owner of course. Buy one account, and get an inactive, random, existing aacount for free. Or, buy a random existing account for $x.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't want my old chars running around with some random person behind the wheel. I invested a lot of time in them. I think I would feel kind of violated.

Not sure what the upside of this would be?

G

If someone did not want their inactive account used/sold, that is why EA would attempt to contact you thru e mail to ask first.

The upside is Marketing. Everybody loves surprises. Everyone loves opening a box, that may have $100 in it, or $1 in it. hehe

Personally, i would Bann cheaters, and remove all the duped items, and give the rest away to other players. After all, this is what happens in RL. A Drug dealer gets caught. Goes to Jail. A while later, his house, and boat, and car, all he owned is being sold at Auction.

I

imported_lady michelle

How about a token that allows you to place a housing crate deed. There would be a pull down menu of how you would like your crate to look like maybe like a tree stump, rock. etc =) The crate would work like a house. You can co own or friend others to it. You would be able to run at least 1 or 2 vendor from it no rentals tho. There would be a limit on items you can place in it maybe like 1,000. You would be placed in areas where a house wont fit because of a tree or rock blocking a house going in. Maybe a limit on how many you can buy per account maybe 5. This would be great for ppl who play mutliple shards, or just need extra storage. cost for it would be $30

I

imported_lady michelle

My second one
You have a house in a area where 1 tree or somethings blocking you from expanding your house to a bigger size. This is my idea buy a token for a mighty axe cost for it $7 dollars. Where you can get rid of that tree or item thats blocking you from expanding your house bigger. the Axe would only be used once then it would be made into a nice deco for your house. The axe would only be made to cut down a tree or item next your house, meaning you cant buy enough of them to cut a forest down to place a house.

R

Ryix (europa)

Nothing, its ******** that people can buy their way ahead in uo. but i guess thats life, if your willing to spend more money in it your gonna win.

you shouldnt be able to buy any item in game with rl cash. its just horrible that you would advocate such a service.

Besides since EA owns all the in game content, it would have a hard time legally selling it to you, i mean, this soulstone. you paid money for it right? so its yours? .. but its in game so its EA's? but if i bought it off you with uo gold itd be mine? but the gold is an ingame item so it belongs to ea.. does that make the soulstone EA's again? does it make the gold yours? if you lost the gold or the soulstone due to a bug does that mean oyu could sue ea?

its too messy to be legally viable and ******** to even think about.

We currently pay to access a server, we do not own anything other than the access (which can be rebuked at any time by ea if they see fit)

B

Babble

Why not add filled soulstone fragments with all skills up to GM, with an ML enabled Account for $50. So everyone who wanted could start playing from the beginning. That is very easy to make and would return a better profit I bet.

B

Babble

<blockquote><hr>

My second one
You have a house in a area where 1 tree or somethings blocking you from expanding your house to a bigger size. This is my idea buy a token for a mighty axe cost for it $7 dollars. Where you can get rid of that tree or item thats blocking you from expanding your house bigger. the Axe would only be used once then it would be made into a nice deco for your house. The axe would only be made to cut down a tree or item next your house, meaning you cant buy enough of them to cut a forest down to place a house.

[/ QUOTE ]

UO's map is static so if anyone removes a tree all users would have to redownload the map again.

B

Babble

You do not own the pixels, you just would get he right to use these pixels you bought in UO.

One day we may own pixels in a game, but not yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hail: Currently on the main UO site, besides new/upgraded accounts, or game time codes, you can buy the following for real $.

7th charater slot
storage increase
green soulstone
charger of the fallen
hooded shroud of shadows
name change token
gender change token
transfer token
advanced charaters, 10 templates to choose from

This is of course just extra money for EA. So, What should be added to this list, and why? Opinions will vary greatly, and since this is just random thoughts, don't flame people just because they think one thing, and you think another. n :)

I will go first. EA Owns the game, and all content in the game. There are maybe 10's of thousands of accounts that were created over the last 10 years, that are not, have not been, and never will be reactivated. I have 1 of them. It is 9 years old, in another state, local e mail, and so on. I maybe could guess the account name, but no clu on the password. I only know general information. So, it is impossible for me to reactivate it. But it is still in the system.

Why Not?

And you all's things that should be sold by EA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheaper prices for one thing, I have to wait till the end of the year to make any major purchases from EA. This year I did two name changes, 7th char slot/extra storage, extra storage x 2, advance token so they did pretty good from me.

If I could have purchase gender and name changes cheaper I would have as I have two female chars that my daughter made when she was playing and they were well know as her, so to play them was to me not right, so I changed the names being that was cheaper then gender/name.

P

Paris_Hilton

Gold in amounts relative to your account age and only X amount per month for a cheaper price than the brokers/gold sellers.

I'd say only 3 months fully paid accounts and older should be allowed to purchase gold from EA, no trial accounts.

The people with a bazillion gold already can just keep it stored on their vendors for a rainy day or toss it into the trash if they feel they need a good gold sink.

G

Why should an intelligent person that's been successful not be able to use their RL assets to their advantage?

Are you that jealous of those that have a few extra bucks to spend on entertainment that you think it's just the worst thing ever?

I can think of truely 'horrible' things that could be happening with that money.

Why would it be a legal condundrem to sell access to additional in-game content? Nothing wrong with that at all.

I

imported_Evilminion

<blockquote><hr>

If someone did not want their inactive account used/sold, that is why EA would attempt to contact you thru e mail to ask first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very. Bad. Idea. If I still had the email address I used when I made my first account way back when the game launched, I could use it to find out my bloody password. The only reason I don't still use that account is that I can't get into it. And if EA turned around and sold it, and I saw somebody else strutting around as me, in all my hard-earned gear, I'd be pretty upset.

S

Smokin

I would like to see a basement token that adds 1000 storage.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

Special code to allow customizing the interior only of Keeps, Castles and Large Towers.

People want to customize these (me included) so this is one way that would also generate a bit of income for EA. I would for $7.95.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE NIX NO WAY !!!

G

I think and extra house token would be a great idea. $15 dollars or so sounds fair to have a max of 2 houses per account.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Instead of the extra house token, how about apartment rentals?

There are numerous static buildings not in use in the game. Have them set up as rentals. Each room (other than the common areas of multi-room buildings) would have their own donation stone, when for rent. You could only take part in rentals if you bought the upgrade for the service, and can only rent on a small number of shards at a time (1, maybe 2 or 3 each on different shards for a much higher fee), and only on shards you don't have a house on.

When for rent, the rooms would have a sign indicating that state. The rentals start when non-refundable bids are made, similar to a library donation. At the end of the bidding period (one week after someone has bid at a total of at least 10 million), the high bidder gets the spot, and the others are out the gold (or, maybe, get a certificate back for a fraction of the amount they put in, that can be used solely for donation/rent for another apartment). This makes it a gold sink. The bidder must then contribute 20% of the amount of their winning bid, each month, to the rental donation stone, or else they get kicked out a week after the rent was due.

A rental property could have its door locked by the renter (automatically unlocks if renter defaults on rent), and the renter can detect hidden as if in a home. The containers in the room (the current static ones, added if room didn't have one before) would act similar to a 250-item bank box (base, modified to 300 or 350 by the additional storage space options from account add-ons) for the account's characters. If the person defaults on rent, all items that aren't coins or checks will be dumped into the accounts bank boxes on the shard, as space allows, eventually overfilling all of them if there is no room. If one chooses to move to a new apartment, then that storage space automatically moves to associate with the new location, when it is acquired. People could not be friended or co-owned to an apartment, though it might be possible to set up a container that a targeted character would have access to, that would be temporary in nature (Target person in same room, such as one "timing out" from not logging in a secure place, and the transfer box becomes a 5 or 10 minute duration container only accessible by the two accounts, separate from house storage)

Apartments would be non-transferable, and have to remain vacant for a week before bidding starts again. The non-functional bulletin boards in some cities would be replaced by signs giving the number of empty and in-bid rental properties in each town, on the facet (player will actually have to search for them on foot).

G

They aren't selling an item, they are licensing out access to it. Just like when I 'sell' you an item in-game, I am actually only selling you my efforts in getting that item, and transfering my license over to you, in exchange for your efforts in acquiring some gold, which you transfer your license to over to me. See?<blockquote><hr>

Besides since EA owns all the in game content, it would have a hard time legally selling it to you, i mean, this soulstone. you paid money for it right? so its yours? .. but its in game so its EA's? but if i bought it off you with uo gold itd be mine? but the gold is an ingame item so it belongs to ea.. does that make the soulstone EA's again? does it make the gold yours? if you lost the gold or the soulstone due to a bug does that mean oyu could sue ea?

its too messy to be legally viable and ******** to even think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Second house would be ideal, barring that, additional storage added on as a basement would also help. My houses are filled with non stackable things I can't let go of, like blackrock, ophidian items, rubble ect.......

G

I don't like the idea of selling inactive accounts (for one thing, it interferes with the chance to get people back with "return" promotions; for another it would just be a little rude - people actually care about their characters even after they are gone)

I'm not a fan of extra houses ... there's something elemental about "one account, one house" (yes, ok I realize there are grandfathered houses out there). I don't fear open space - it's nice for players to actually have the option of placing a house, so if the reason for doing it is storage space, then I would prefer simply having the option of getting more storage space. But, if it happened, I'd have a hard time not taking advantage of it.

As for what I would like? hmm. Even though I like theory of using tokens to recirculate gold around, I find that I can't bring myself to part with them. I also tend to feel that items were strictly an in-game thing (I'd make an exception for soulstones as they are really an account-manipulation tool). So what does that leave me for microtransactions? Account entitlements: the finite resources of accounts such as house size, house storage, bank storage, stable storage, permanent boats, buyable land.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

Personally I always felt selling the old accounts like various companies do just absoloutely destroys the point of having 'veteran rewards' since some punk kid or some rich dude can just show up in the game on a polar bear with 720 skill limit. It doesn't mean anything anymore. But, that is life.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

. My second one You have a house in a area where 1 tree or somethings blocking you from expanding your house to a bigger size. This is my idea buy a token for a mighty axe cost for it $7 dollars. Where you can get rid of that tree or item thats blocking you from expanding your house bigger. the Axe would only be used once then it would be made into a nice deco for your house. The axe would only be made to cut down a tree or item next your house, meaning you cant buy enough of them to cut a forest down to place a house.

----------------------------------------------------
sorry to tell you this, but the end result of that would be no more trees anywhere. People will do some expensive things.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

Why should an intelligent person that's been successful not be able to use their RL assets to their advantage?

Are you that jealous of those that have a few extra bucks to spend on entertainment that you think it's just the worst thing ever?

I can think of truely 'horrible' things that could be happening with that money.

Why would it be a legal condundrem to sell access to additional in-game content? Nothing wrong with that at all.
---------------------------------------------------------

And I suppose you think if Wal-Mart wants to buy my house I have to sell it to them. You have to protect people to some degree from the tyranny of money.

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

. My second one You have a house in a area where 1 tree or somethings blocking you from expanding your house to a bigger size. This is my idea buy a token for a mighty axe cost for it $7 dollars. Where you can get rid of that tree or item thats blocking you from expanding your house bigger. the Axe would only be used once then it would be made into a nice deco for your house. The axe would only be made to cut down a tree or item next your house, meaning you cant buy enough of them to cut a forest down to place a house.

----------------------------------------------------
sorry to tell you this, but the end result of that would be no more trees anywhere. People will do some expensive things.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL now that I reread the last part of what I posted I see what you mean. I meant you cant buy them to cut a forest area down to place a house. Thats what I get trying to babysit and post at the sametime.

G

The basement idea is doable the uo map has layers lower then the ground you walk on.

The tree removal wont happen as stated the UO map objects are static tons of players altering the map would shut down shards.

The items to alter castles keeps and towers are entering the game and i feel more things to modify classic design houses are a great idea and dont hurt a thing.

most of the ideas point to housing and removing character limitations 2 strong points of uo are housing and character development so these are excelent ideas provided they dont remove too much chalenge.

G

A second house would be great!!! and also help fill the empty landscapes with smalls.....

EA wont do it of course!!!! because this is were they generate all EXTRA money

1 account = 1 house
LOTS OF PEEPS HAVE 2 OR 3 ACCOUNTS BECAUSE THEY WANT 2-3 HOUSES....
2 accounts= 2 houses= pay twice !!!!etc etc etc

NUFF SAID....

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A token for more stable slots (then again, this should be free)

Basement token.

Id like to be able to make my castle customizable.

I

imported_Coppelia

- Gold coins
- Ingots
- Wood

That's if they are smart.

Yeah. Nice to play a game with both subscription fee and free-to-play-like shop. It prevents stupid kids invasion and allow the game to survive with 3 players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Because it's a game? Because it allows people to escape (to some degree) RL economic inequalities? A few shortcuts are ok, but I do feel that too many premium perks can become bad for the health of the game for many of the same reasons that scripting and duping are bad.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because it's a game? Because it allows people to escape (to some degree) RL economic inequalities? A few shortcuts are ok, but I do feel that too many premium perks can become bad for the health of the game for many of the same reasons that scripting and duping are bad.
=================================

that's exactly what i said, bud. I hope you weren't responding to my response to the above statement...i didn't make it.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

And I suppose you think if Wal-Mart wants to buy my house I have to sell it to them. You have to protect people to some degree from the tyranny of money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. But I think they (Wal-Mart) should have the option to buy your house, and you should have the option to accept the offer or not. I don't think you should be forced to sell it, though.
People should take the time to educate and protect themselves, not expect someone else to do it.

What does this scenario have to do with buying in-game items again?
---------------------------------------
its just an allegory my dear sir, to exemplify that money itself should not be allowed to make people in a fantasy world easily able to have more than those that do not. There is no way to figure who has less money for good reasons versus who has more money for good reasons, and letting those who have more buy EVERYTHING just makes everything somewhat kinda meaningless, as many people play this game to escape from a reality in which they have little.

I

imported_revenant2

Sinful Ways Redemption Token - allows you to erase all of a red's murder counts.

For the 'trammies' who may see this and start to wail - the fact that this thing costs money will mean that it's not going to be used to casually turn players back and forth from red to blue to gain some kind of benefit from it. Most people with reds would not prefer to do that anyway. It will tend to be a matter of someone having a char they've used as a red, probably for years, and they'd like to now make a blue one like it. This token would allow them to move their red over to the blue side without creating a new char and getting all the new stat and skill scrolls for it. EA wins and the player wins too, and any wailing 'trammies' who would have objected to such a thing never see the difference, it's the same result either way.

I don't personally have a char I wish to do this to but I get the sense from people that it's desired, and it makes sense.