• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Store; Token of Replacement! Thoughts on this?

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
To replace any lost veteran rewards that the account has previously chosen (very importantly soul stones and shard shields as they can never be traded / functionally used by others).

Cheers!

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Maybe it has to do with charge backs or banking regulations, I don't know... Currently, doesn't 'piggy backing' more than one code cause the first/earlier code(s) to 'vanish'? :(

In lieu of a full years token, any thoughts on the idea of veteran reward replacement tokens?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I asked many times about being able to turn in say 5 or 10 crappy old useless vet rewards like those stupid robes and cloaks that no one uses for something decent... kinda a swap... but that was turned down immediately...

I don't know how many stupid dye tubs I have... at least 1/2 a dozen of each of the early ones... not that I need those... but what do you do with them? Can't toss them for points... so they sit in a box never to see the light of day no one is going to want or buy them... same with those stupid robes... even if I can turn them into a dress now I'm sorry but the 3 physical resist they give is just useless... Now if it had MR on it or SSI or something of that nature then maybe it might be ok... but resist and 3 at that is just lame.

I would rather that they made a way to have things that are "account bound" returned to you should you lose them. Such as soulstones and shard shields.. but I'm sure they have other things that need taking care of that are more important.

I suppose one should just be more careful with your stuff.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Token of replacement and the ability to trade Vet rewards is an awesome idea, and lots of life comfort, that is beyond their ability to conceptualize at the moment.
Same thing as their inability to conceptualize the benefits of the idea of items in game that would allow you to re-STAT pets that are finished and loaded with priceless 120 powerscrolls, and also preventing "statuette" born pets vanishing to this air as soon as they are "wild" released etc. Like Triton, Paroxy Dragon etc.
We can only dream .. one day..:devil:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
They shouldn't do this until they remove the ability for more shard sheilds. And I don't think they will do either