• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO PVP

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
just curious to see what the current state of pvp is in UO.

When I left last April they nerfed all my templates, including parry mage and pretty much made it tamers pvp.

Has any of this changed?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FATE has send members to LS. The locals and resident Guilds have been fighting nightly for about a month.

Hop over tonight and snoop around. Starts nightly around 6 Central time.

There are players who have fun with any play style they choose. If you want entertainment, it can be found in UO.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on the whole the templates are fairly balanced. Only problem in pvp at the moment is EC running is faster than CC but you can't play EC on a mage (unless you have target set to auto target self/last) so don't expect to be able to catch any warriors playing EC for which there are currently no negatives.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
FATE has send members to LS. The locals and resident Guilds have been fighting nightly for about a month.

Hop over tonight and snoop around. Starts nightly around 6 Central time.

There are players who have fun with any play style they choose. If you want entertainment, it can be found in UO.
Arguable, they nerfed all the things I enjoyed doing.

But does this pvp still involve dismounting and saying all kill

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just curious to see what the current state of pvp is in UO.
When I left last April they nerfed all my templates, including parry mage and pretty much made it tamers pvp.
Has any of this changed?
The tamers were nerfed.
(Unfairly in my opinion).

PvP dexxers have now again taken their unrightful place at the top of the pvp chain - armed with EC benefits, ability to use all the properties from the overpowered legendary armour to the maximum, ie use all stats including mana to produce endless specials (whereas mages have little or no use for stamina/dex), auto hit, broken skills such as being able to use ninja skills whilst unhidden and mounted, and to top it all off, the cherry on the cake, Lethal Poison which is proving pretty much uncurable.
Unrightful place, because there is no skill in playing a dexxer, the auto hit does all the work for you pretty much.

It's screwed up to be fair, and it makes the cheating actually pale into insignificance.

On top of this, all the Dismount abilities are wrecking it as always - dismount needs to be removed in all forms.
Or - all PvPers should be forced to PvP on foot, the playing field should be equal for all. (I'd quite like for it all to be on foot, far more skill would be involved).

on the whole the templates are fairly balanced. Only problem in pvp at the moment is EC running is faster than CC but you can't play EC on a mage (unless you have target set to auto target self/last) so don't expect to be able to catch any warriors playing EC for which there are currently no negatives.

So it's not that balanced. :)
See my first response.

So in summary;
When your mage is wiped out from PvP, you look to PvM, and realise they are wrecked there also, and the game doesn't really hold that much fun for one of the most iconic templates in the game.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arguable, they nerfed all the things I enjoyed doing.

But does this pvp still involve dismounting and saying all kill
I hear complaining about dismounting and other things. When someone dies they say the other person is using speeders and auto chug. Then a few minutes later I hear that same person celebrating about killing the chugger.

They reduced pet damage to players to 50%. Pets max damage to players is 30 or so.

If a pet is killing you, you did not belong in Fel.

Now earrings are killing everyone. Endless cycle.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The tamers were nerfed.
(Unfairly in my opinion).

PvP dexxers have now again taken their unrightful place at the top of the pvp chain - armed with EC benefits, ability to use all the properties from the overpowered legendary armour to the maximum, ie use all stats including mana to produce endless specials (whereas mages have little or no use for stamina/dex), auto hit, broken skills such as being able to use ninja skills whilst unhidden and mounted, and to top it all off, the cherry on the cake, Lethal Poison which is proving pretty much uncurable.
Unrightful place, because there is no skill in playing a dexxer, the auto hit does all the work for you pretty much.

It's screwed up to be fair, and it makes the cheating actually pale into insignificance.

On top of this, all the Dismount abilities are wrecking it as always - dismount needs to be removed in all forms.
Or - all PvPers should be forced to PvP on foot, the playing field should be equal for all. (I'd quite like for it all to be on foot, far more skill would be involved).

So it's not that balanced. :)
See my first response.

So in summary;
When your mage is wiped out from PvP, you look to PvM, and realise they are wrecked there also, and the game doesn't really hold that much fun for one of the most iconic templates in the game.
Thanks, this was the details I was looking for.

Guess i check back in a few months.

Thanks man.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I hear complaining about dismounting and other things. When someone dies they say the other person is using speeders and auto chug. Then a few minutes later I hear that same person celebrating about killing the chugger.

They reduced pet damage to players to 50%. Pets max damage to players is 30 or so.

If a pet is killing you, you did not belong in Fel.

Now earrings are killing everyone. Endless cycle.
Auto chug has been around forever and easily beat by spell spam. Hardly a concern.

No one said anything about dieing to pets. But no one wants to fight only pets, good to hear they got nerfed. Especially if it included dread mares and band dragons.

Don't know anything about any earrings

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pvps pretty balanced right now and fairly active, could always use more action tho. Only a few gripes like the teleport rings thread.

Lp is pretty nasty but there's not really a great lp temp for group fights, just nasty 1v1. Agree with some of the EC complaints, as a dexer has some significant advantages in EC

I just hope something new is on the sooner than later horizon like the VvV update

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The tamers were nerfed.

That's how they do it in albion - you get dismounted automatically if your pet takes enough damage - and good planning by the ganking team (because it's always like 7 of them) and movement speed bursts still get you dismounted.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only things mechanically wrong with pvp (IMO) are:

1) Poisoning "Immunity" still needs to be removed or forced to only proc when poisoned by NPC's.

2) Cure Potions need a ~5 second cooldown, but increased chance to cure, the cooldown shouldn't come into affect until a successful cure occurs (similar to Enchanted Apples)
A Greater Cure Potion should have a ~67% chance to cure at 0% EP at +50% EP should be 100% cure chance. with a short cooldown. - it could be slightly lower than that, and Alchemy Skill could make up the difference, but personally... I'd rather potions be equal across the board with & without alchemy, there shouldn't be a difference outside of Enhanced Potions.

3) Casting focus needs to be removed or forced to only proc when NPC's hit you while casting.

4) Tamers pet damage should be something like -8% "PvP damage" per follower the tamer has as follows:

1/5 followers = -8% pet vs player damage
2/5 followers = -16% pet vs player damage
3/5 followers = -24% pet vs player damage
4/5 followers = -32% pet vs player damage
5/5 followers = -40% pet vs player damage The number of pets wouldn't matter as the pvp-damage reduction would be based completely on follower count.

Down from -50%, regardless of which pet and how many followers are used so that pets of all follower counts would have a fair amount of damage reduction instead of the way it is currently (-50%) which only promotes the use of 5/5 slot pets, everything less than 5/5 slots already does much less damage and is more difficult to to keep alive, especially in pvp situations.

I'd get into the EC vs CC differences, but honestly (IMO) they're not as important as the other issues mentioned above.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Covenant, i actually disagree with you for once over poison immunity. It is not skillful to poison someone then harm spam them to death. Have you tried to interrupt someone with weaken and cast cure when the other person is using EC and has harm set to auto targer last? They're actually able to cast harm again before you can cast cure even though you've interrupted them. I'm not sure if it's bugged or what..

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly the biggest single change I would like to see;

• Remove auto hit for dexxers.
The game has got so easy for them now, they have so many benefits, they should have to press a key for every single hit they do, in exactly the same way mages have to press a key for every single spell they cast, it would bring more skill into it, and make dexxers have to think about timing. They just don't have to do anything for the most overwhelming power ingame. [Definitely in PvM as well - see Sampires].

- There is no difference in the mechanics between dexxers and mages anymore, mages have to run (away from an opponent), then press keys to cast. Dexxers have to run (towards an opponent), then not press keys.
- This illusion of mages standing around casting safetly from distance is an illusion when you see how fast dexxers are, and how many crippling style specials they have.
- A lot of the reason for dexxers having autohit was the game lagged a lot in the past, and it was hard for them to close the gap on opponents, and hit at the same time, gamelag made the game harder for them. Now there is no lag as pc technology has improved massively, in fact the opposite, they are benefitting more from EC speeds.
- Dexxers should also consume stamina on hits, the same way mages consume mana on spells, again, they should be limited in damage output, the same way mages are.
- Dexxers are able to instantly switch weapons in EC, instantly swapping magebooks for a mage does nothing really, there are no different benefits from using, or swapping a spellbook.
- (Separately - shields should be taken off mages - and focus should be on their spellbooks).

Secondly;

• Remove Dismount in PvP in all forms. And bring back mount stamina loss.
(Or, force all pvp to be on foot in the first place - this could be more fun).

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Possibly the biggest single change I would like to see;

• Remove auto hit for dexxers.
The game has got so easy for them now, they have so many benefits, they should have to press a key for every single hit they do, in exactly the same way mages have to press a key for every single spell they cast, it would bring more skill into it, and make dexxers have to think about timing. They just don't have to do anything for the most overwhelming power ingame. [Definitely in PvM as well - see Sampires].

- There is no difference in the mechanics between dexxers and mages anymore, mages have to run (away from an opponent), then press keys to cast. Dexxers have to run (towards an opponent), then not press keys.
- This illusion of mages standing around casting safetly from distance is an illusion when you see how fast dexxers are, and how many crippling style specials they have.
- A lot of the reason for dexxers having autohit was the game lagged a lot in the past, and it was hard for them to close the gap on opponents, and hit at the same time, gamelag made the game harder for them. Now there is no lag as pc technology has improved massively, in fact the opposite, they are benefitting more from EC speeds.
- Dexxers should also consume stamina on hits, the same way mages consume mana on spells, again, they should be limited in damage output, the same way mages are.
- Dexxers are able to instantly switch weapons in EC, instantly swapping magebooks for a mage does nothing really, there are no different benefits from using, or swapping a spellbook.
- (Separately - shields should be taken off mages - and focus should be on their spellbooks).

Secondly;

• Remove Dismount in PvP in all forms. And bring back mount stamina loss.
(Or, force all pvp to be on foot in the first place - this could be more fun).
Get that crap out of here. Eliminate auto hit on dexers is the absolute worse idea I have heard. In a game that is already click intensive and you want to add more?? Just :talktothehand:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get that crap out of here. Eliminate auto hit on dexers is the absolute worse idea I have heard. In a game that is already click intensive and you want to add more?? Just :talktothehand:

Yet it's ok for the mages to have to be clicking for every single action?
Many of which are doing less damage than the dexxers autohit damage?
Many of which are having no impact due to being resisted, interrupted, crippled, etc.

It would help add balance between the mage and dexxer templates.

I've been asking for a year for buffs to mages to help fix the issues, and no-one has been interested.

Now I'm going to go straight for asking for the game mechanic fixes to Dexxers instead.

Do you get my point?
The reason mages were more powerful, was because we had to initiate every single action and time them.
The reason dexxers were less powerful, was because they were made technically easier to play, they were for less good, more lazy players who wanted to chill a bit more, they autohit, but were not meant to be so powerful.
Having dexxers as easier to play, and more powerful at the same time, is a complete screw-up of game design.

So fix one or the other.
Buff Mages above Dexxers. Or fix the Dexxer mechanics so they are equal to mages if they are to maintain that sort of power.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many of which are having no impact due to being resisted, interrupted, crippled, etc.

I've been asking for a year for buffs to mages to help fix the issues, and no-one has been interested.

Now I'm going to go straight for asking for the game mechanics fixes to Dexxers instead.
I really couldn't care less about your pvp problems. Go play a different game if it bothers you that much. That change would really p@!$# off a whole lot of players. For what? A player who can't win a pvp fight? ::rolls eyes::

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really couldn't care less about your pvp problems. Go play a different game if it bothers you that much. That change would really p@!$# off a whole lot of players. For what? A player who can't win a pvp fight? ::rolls eyes::

PvP and PvM problems.

Sampires.
Can autohit nonstop forever. Never run out of energy.
Mages have to cast every single spell, and run out of mana.
2 issues here, it wasn't a problem if the mages had more damage on their spells - but they don't anymore.
It wasn't a problem if mages could actually cast their spells, but they can't anymore - for example - see the teleport pull ability on the Darkfather - there is a huge proliferation of these type of abilities ingame in all aspects that have made the anti-mage impact too large to be playable anymore.

Game mechanic problems.

It's an entire class problem.

Maybe when the time comes, I won't care about your problems in return.
As I've stated before on here, the pvmers appear extremely blinkered, prejudiced and ignorant, whereas the pvpers tend to look at the game as a whole.

Last edited:

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think everyone here just play and played uo in whole life.

uo is the most balanced mmorpg i ever see, i have account on wow, mu, tibia, and a lot of indie games, no one compare with uo when the point is pvp (wow beat uo in pvm), in tibia if you are lv700 and meet a lv300 you 2 hit he, imagine if uo was lv based? a lot of lv5000 after 20 years playing against a lv100 player?

in some games (wow) on arenas one class will ALWAYS beat another class, no matter player hability (unless the player is a 5y old), in uo you you are a good mage, you can beat a good dexer, if you are a good dexer you can beat a good mage, if you are an archer you can beat a mage, if you are a good mage you can beat another mage or archer, every class can beat the other one if you have know-how of it and have the correct suit, (lets be honest you can beat a mage acting as a archer if you are with 40hci, low lmc low stamina), on Atlantic we have some mages that can beat any dexxer/archer, some archers that destroy mages, at my pov its all very balanced atm, you just need build right and have a good suit.

Perhaps, the only problem "isnt a problem its more like how the game works" on mass pvp, you need have numbers, and work well with team, 5 friends who play together have 5+ years will always beat 5 random guys, no matter how good you are, so it make the pvp work as (you need a good team, work with discord,teamspeak,uocartograph) or you will be beated every 2 minutes on a open field (vvv on yew), but its not game fault its (you dont have friends) fault. Uo is a MMORPG, so doesnt matter if you have a 20 plat suit, and play like a god, if you go vvv on yew and has a guild around, they WILL and deserve kill you.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Now I'm going to go straight for asking for the game mechanic fixes to Dexxers instead.

Do you get my point?
The reason mages were more powerful, was because we had to initiate every single action and time them.
The reason dexxers were less powerful, was because they were made technically easier to play, they were for less good, more lazy players who wanted to chill a bit more, they autohit, but were not meant to be so powerful.
Having dexxers as easier to play, and more powerful at the same time, is a complete screw-up of game design.

So fix one or the other.
Buff Mages above Dexxers. Or fix the Dexxer mechanics so they are equal to mages if they are to maintain that sort of power.
To be fair, over the last 10? years dexer templates are mostly special spam, so in a way removing auto hit wouldn't do much, unless something changed in the last year I missed.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i think everyone here just play and played uo in whole life.

uo is the most balanced mmorpg i ever see, i have account on wow, mu, tibia, and a lot of indie games, no one compare with uo when the point is pvp (wow beat uo in pvm), in tibia if you are lv700 and meet a lv300 you 2 hit he, imagine if uo was lv based? a lot of lv5000 after 20 years playing against a lv100 player?

in some games (wow) on arenas one class will ALWAYS beat another class, no matter player hability (unless the player is a 5y old), in uo you you are a good mage, you can beat a good dexer, if you are a good dexer you can beat a good mage, if you are an archer you can beat a mage, if you are a good mage you can beat another mage or archer, every class can beat the other one if you have know-how of it and have the correct suit, (lets be honest you can beat a mage acting as a archer if you are with 40hci, low lmc low stamina), on Atlantic we have some mages that can beat any dexxer/archer, some archers that destroy mages, at my pov its all very balanced atm, you just need build right and have a good suit.

Perhaps, the only problem "isnt a problem its more like how the game works" on mass pvp, you need have numbers, and work well with team, 5 friends who play together have 5+ years will always beat 5 random guys, no matter how good you are, so it make the pvp work as (you need a good team, work with discord,teamspeak,uocartograph) or you will be beated every 2 minutes on a open field (vvv on yew), but its not game fault its (you dont have friends) fault. Uo is a MMORPG, so doesnt matter if you have a 20 plat suit, and play like a god, if you go vvv on yew and has a guild around, they WILL and deserve kill you.
I'm not sure how long you've played but I do recall the FOTM templates with those 20 platinum suits running around wrecking handfuls of players at a time.

Often it's around new content coming out of them trying to make finite tweaks in request but ending up with gross adjustments.

Comparing it to other games doesn't apply since they're different mechanics. Horrible mechanics in another game isn't a justification for not tweaking the balance in this one.

North_LS

Journeyman
i'm recently back on LS and sort of wondered as well. I havent seen much pvp at all going on, but i've been staying sort of low key and just reworking my tamer and mule to adapt to all the new changes. my old main is still a scribe mage, the old mage i used for factions is set up for hiding and holy light spam. I'm wagering both are useless templates now.

i'm figuring i'll just ease back in to the game, enjoy all the other aspects, and build up resources and gear before i try and check out the pvp scene again.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of your post relates to me.
I've played most games, I've got the most friends, I'm on the biggest winning team, I've got the most skill, I play the entire game, I have access to all the software (cba to use some).
Due to having all of this, I am able to make fairly well rounded observations.

To be fair, over the last 10? years dexer templates are mostly special spam, so in a way removing auto hit wouldn't do much, unless something changed in the last year I missed.
I accept this - it's still a factor though.
Note I did mention as a part 2 - Dexxers should also run out of energy, as well as have to press a key for each hit.
To take this further re the Dexxers specials chainspam, where is the mana/life/stam leech for mages when they do damage?
How can dexxers spam damage and specials nonstop, and refuel by doing this, and mages cannot?

I have a ping of 17ms,
Here is a video of me trying to cast one spell on someone on EC:
obs (77)
And lol. :)
I like the bit at the end, where you get stuck in a tree on top of it all.
Cannot happen in EC ofc.
Nice touch.

i'm recently back on LS and sort of wondered as well. I havent seen much pvp at all going on, but i've been staying sort of low key and just reworking my tamer and mule to adapt to all the new changes. my old main is still a scribe mage, the old mage i used for factions is set up for hiding and holy light spam. I'm wagering both are useless templates now.
i'm figuring i'll just ease back in to the game, enjoy all the other aspects, and build up resources and gear before i try and check out the pvp scene again.
And good luck :)
I'm not sure what a jaded mage like myself can offer for advice.
UO of course has some of the best game content of any game ever - they only need to update some of it.
It's usually the pvp that draws people back, along with the game content.
The PvP can go through stages of completely sucking, or maybe it's been going downhill for a long time, from the nostalgia days we all remember.
Scribe Mage - my favourite character. Not that great for anything right now.
Hiding/Chiv mage - may actually have some uses.

I'd potentially think about parry for a mage, they nerfed parry, and pretty much wiped out mages in the process last year.
But, it's still sadly very much a requirement, even in nerfed form.
Or think about Garg Parry Mystic mage, or...

Some form of EC Nox Deathstrike Dexxer, which is what I'm building right now, and what pretty much everyone else is.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Do you get my point?

So fix one or the other.
The "Balance" there with Dexers auto hit and mages clickfest is a dexer misses 6 in 10 swings... a mage hits EVERYTIME without FAILURE. So if you want to do that let mages spell fail as often as a dexer swings and misses and yes... all for it.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Balance" there with Dexers auto hit and mages clickfest is a dexer misses 6 in 10 swings... a mage hits EVERYTIME without FAILURE. So if you want to do that let mages spell fail as often as a dexer swings and misses and yes... all for it.

There is no balance there I'm afraid.
Dexxers almost never miss now, with so much HCI, HLD, Parry being nerfed etc.
Mages get spells resisted which is equivalent to a miss, you try casting poison/paralyse on a character with resist - the success chance is every bit the same as a Dexxers hit rate.
Mages can also be interrupted, which increasingly stops them from even casting, this counts as a miss.

All of this added together, puts the mages well behind.

That response was more geared towards PvP, I can equally tailor a PvM response. :)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mages get spells resisted which is equivalent to a miss, you try casting poison/paralyse on a character with resist - the success chance is every bit the same as a Dexxers hit rate.
Mages can also be interrupted, which increasingly stops them from even casting, this counts as a miss.

That response was more geared towards PvP, I can equally tailor a PvM response. :)
Really tell that to my archer who most certainly still misses 6 in 10 times.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You have never pvped on a mage have you?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really tell that to my archer who most certainly still misses 6 in 10 times.
To be fair, Archers were hit pretty badly with the nerfbat along with Parry Mages.
(Off the top of my head, my mind has gone blank as to what change in mechanics took out archers, and promoted all the short range gimped dexxers so much - I used to know).

The Dexxers I feel most sorry for, are the Pure Dexxers, lovely templates, bit like the Scribe Mage, going the way of the dodo.

So I'm not anti Dexxers, I'm just anti completely gimped out easymode stupidity.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

This accurate, between interruptions and resists there is certainly much more to it, especially when RNG strings a series of dexer hits and you're playing defense.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PvP and PvM problems.

Sampires.
Can autohit nonstop forever. Never run out of energy.
Mages have to cast every single spell, and run out of mana.
2 issues here, it wasn't a problem if the mages had more damage on their spells - but they don't anymore.
It wasn't a problem if mages could actually cast their spells, but they can't anymore - for example - see the teleport pull ability on the Darkfather - there is a huge proliferation of these type of abilities ingame in all aspects that have made the anti-mage impact too large to be playable anymore.

Game mechanic problems.

It's an entire class problem.

Maybe when the time comes, I won't care about your problems in return.
As I've stated before on here, the pvmers appear extremely blinkered, prejudiced and ignorant, whereas the pvpers tend to look at the game as a whole.
I"ll admit, it never made sense that mages could run out of mana casting, but dexxer's dont run out of stam swinging. Yeah I know, they lose stam as they lose health, but that's never been a fair swap.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no idea where ur going with hat remove dexer auto hit thing. Dexers toggle a special almost every hit, virtually no one is running around just base hitting ppl. And they toggle specials same as mages cast spells. Just kind of a weird suggestion.

Tell you one thing tho... Sometimes I wonder if archers needed nerfed more than they were. A max dmg archer still puts out pretty silly damage, and the moving shot hit chance reduction % (whatever it is) is barely noticeable

I sure miss that disarm immunity thing

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ironically, cheaters are still claiming to be the best PvPers.
Ironically, this guy legitimately thinks people are running around flamestriking without pausing to cast at all without any proof.

@OREOGL for what it's worth, I believe pvp is pretty balanced right now. There has been a definite increase in the variety of templates since the patch. The archery changes were good, but it still feels like there are gaps. I'll probably always think that since the most fun times I had were back when everyone didn't have 150hp, imbued double hit spell bows, max stam etc etc etc etc etc. Back when archers were a support to hit a timely special instead of the focal point they can still be. They have access to all of the best specials in one class still and can put out massive damage while taking damage. Since we're throwing out suggestions, taking damage should slow swing speed. Kinda like a Diablo type of mechanic. If you get hit then you recover for a brief moment before you attack. I think that'd be awesome, but that's coming from someone who would be happy if archery wasn't a thing to begin with.

Bottom line: in any given fight you'll see a variety of tank, parry, weaving, necro, lp, whatever mages. Archers are still what they are. Melee is eh...but evaders made a small comeback. Far cry from the parry healing mages everyone played months ago.

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
PvP is fine,balanced yes but archer and bushido mage still ave a gaps and most of the time its because the insane gear they ave.the ec for dexxer its not that good you think.yes you move faster but most of the time you dont swing went your close to someone or you get hit by a guys not even close to you.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ironically, this guy legitimately thinks people are running around flamestriking without pausing to cast at all without any proof.
Did you mean to quote someone else?
Because what you said made no sense. At all.

Or did I strike a nerve?

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe dexters should have to hit a button to swing but I think your overlooking something a mage can do that a dexter can't and that is hit at range. how would a dexter ever hit anyone if they had to hit a button to swing when everyone isn't standing still?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
PvP is fine,balanced yes but archer and bushido mage still ave a gaps and most of the time its because the insane gear they ave.the ec for dexxer its not that good you think.yes you move faster but most of the time you dont swing went your close to someone or you get hit by a guys not even close to you.
Try playing a dexxer with > 100 MS ping. The hit detection in this game is horrible at higher latency. Someone can run away on foot, and if I pursue them mounted with war mode enabled, I'll be lucky to swing at them once, even if I repeatedly run into them. By the time the game "thinks" I've caught up and am in 1-tile radius of them, they have already moved again and the attack won't go off because I'm "out of range" again.

They may have gotten rid of the old issues of low ping people literally running faster than high ping people, but the netcode in this game is pretty atrocious and can be extremely difficult to play if you don't have low ping.

This issue seems to be much more prevalent in the EC as well. I could take videos of PvM content of me standing perfectly still, but every time I swing my character will jump to a new tile within a ~1 tile radius, for no reason other than the game has no idea where I'm actually standing apparently. This can also cause you to not hit something that appears to be right next to you, because the server thinks you are actually 2 tiles away for some reason.

And before anyone says "move to a different shard" etc., some of us built roots on certain servers, but have moved geographically and now have to deal with higher ping to those home shards.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Asking for a friend.

So a Nox Deathstrike dexxer with uber gear is the way to go right now and in EC with good ping if your a newb to PVP?

That would make sense. That’s what was ganking me way back in November when I got raided at Despise. In less than a few seconds I had 5 debuffs, mortaled, and lost a big chunk of life when I tried to run lol.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try playing a dexxer with > 100 MS ping. The hit detection in this game is horrible at higher latency. Someone can run away on foot, and if I pursue them mounted with war mode enabled, I'll be lucky to swing at them once, even if I repeatedly run into them. By the time the game "thinks" I've caught up and am in 1-tile radius of them, they have already moved again and the attack won't go off because I'm "out of range" again.
Have to get on their flanks. You can actually walk away on foot from a player on mount who is trying to hit you from behind and they will kind of rebound and have a hard time hitting you.

And look Into wtfast for having better ping to servers. I could pvp On Oceania from the Us no problem. It's not illegal, they just alter your ping route to get you a better connection to the location.