• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO on a Mac?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have recently bought a MacBook Pro and an iMac, and now I have no PC I am getting a UO itch!

aAl I can see if free shards on searches, Any way to get my acct running, enhanced client on a Mac?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All I could find was this thread :

UO clients on Mac

But it seems to imply the EC won't work very well.

You wouldn't be the same Jack Flash from Europa that used to do IDOCs would you?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got both the CC and EC running on a Centos Linux box running Wine. I'm sure a Mac would be similar?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All I could find was this thread :

UO clients on Mac

But it seems to imply the EC won't work very well.

You wouldn't be the same Jack Flash from Europa that used to do IDOCs would you?
Yes :). I understand idocs are long dead as a play style. Weird that I get the need to play 2 weeks after I made the decision to abandon PC's !

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes :). I understand idocs are long dead as a play style. Weird that I get the need to play 2 weeks after I made the decision to abandon PC's !
Idocs are left only for the "pros".

As far as macs, my wife's mac can "run" uo but not well. running a windows OS on a mac is hard enough. Adding a 20 year old game that has nothing but poorly written code lines to it? Yeah not going to happen.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Welcome back Jack! Your fellow IDOC'r Whispering Green sits with us at the Brit bank meet for new and returning players, every day at 6pm uk time. If you get UO working come say hello to us all! Good Luck!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back Jack! Your fellow IDOC'r Whispering Green sits with us at the Brit bank meet for new and returning players, every day at 6pm uk time. If you get UO working come say hello to us all! Good Luck!
If get it to work Whispering Green will be the first person I will go and find :) thank you, hopefully I will get it working

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A while back i solo looted 2 castles on lake austin ice isle fel. One of them had 4 mining carts I doubt i will ever be so lucky again

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have recently bought a MacBook Pro and an iMac, and now I have no PC I am getting a UO itch!

aAl I can see if free shards on searches, Any way to get my acct running, enhanced client on a Mac?
I use Wine to play on Mac OS. It works great for CC, I've never tried to get the EC running but I've heard mixed reports. Wine is free which is nice, I imagine the paid emulation programs (like Parallels) would be worth a shot.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about dual booting to Windows? It's my understanding it's quite common for Mac users.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have heard bootcamp is a nightmare, the last thing I want to do is balls up an iMac and MacBook Pro! Wine? need to look it up