• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #44

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh anyone see anything that's 50% off at the UO Store?? *sigh* maybe I was looking too soon ...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the store is the in game store, not the online store.
you will see the stuff that is on sale by the green price tag below the item instead of the normal blue/white color.

basically its 2 of the vanity mounts (windrunner and lasher), all the mail boxes and a bunch of the dyes that are all on sale.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so those vet rewards.... are we getting a pig and goat statue or are those gonna be ethy's?
because im not gonna lie, id ride a pig ethy!!!!

WAR PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"This is something we can investigate for a future"

"This is something we can look at for a future quality of life update!"

"This is not something we are eager to do."

Anyone see a pattern here?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like we can make a UO Farm now.

#4 The question is about pulling up bars when there is 50 objects on the screen . The link is about the targeting system. They both need fixed but the people fixing them need to know there is a difference between targeting and health bars.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The sad part is they chose those questions and answers to show us.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like we can make a UO Farm now.

#4 The question is about pulling up bars when there is 50 objects on the screen . The link is about the targeting system. They both need fixed but the people fixing them need to know there is a difference between targeting and health bars.
Question #4 is exactly what it says it is. I posted the issue in the bugs forum and brought it up at the Sonoma meet and greet. Using the "select nearest: hostile" macro in classic client is broken and needs to be fixed.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Translations:
"This is something we can investigate for a future". Yep, just gonna quit everything and start investigatin'.

"This is something we can look at for a future quality of life update!" That quality will not be improving in your life time.

"This is not something we are eager to do." Let me add this to our ToDo list. I'll put it right between Fixing IDOC scripting, and Bonded pets going wild.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does anyone see the stuff with the o_OUO horse & fences etc at the UO store? thought that was active?
or did i miss it ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question #4 is exactly what it says it is. I posted the issue in the bugs forum and brought it up at the Sonoma meet and greet. Using the "select nearest: hostile" macro in classic client is broken and needs to be fixed.
Select nearest hostile does not pull up health bars in the CC. Never has.

The bug report is about selecting a target. Which both clients have issues with.

You or the devs know the difference between targeting and health bars. It will never be fixed....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Select nearest hostile does not pull up health bars in the CC. Never has.

The bug report is about selecting a target. Which both clients have issues with.

You or the devs know the difference between targeting and health bars. It will never be fixed....
You are wrong, I have been using it for years and it DOES pull up the health bar.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For those being critical of the answers:

1. "This is...(fill in blank)" are their standardized answers (and have been for SEVERAL YEARS), after trying to answer otherwise has resulted in people insisting certain things were to be fixed or not, when that was not said. However, there have been a number of the things answered with "investigate" or Quality of life" answers that HAVE made it into the game within a few months to a couple years after the subjects were brought up. In fact, their being mentioned in an update means that they are actually looking into it.
  2. The IDOC thing is considered to be a EXPLOIT fix. They NEVER tell us their plans on how they plan to fix an exploit until implementation (after earlier dev groups did so, and the exploiters had work-arounds ready to go and in place within hours). The downside is that all too often, the stealth exploit fixes often don't work right or break other things when they go in, because they aren't tested like other changes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are wrong, I have been using it for years and it DOES pull up the health bar.
So why does everyone have trouble finding the boss at an EM event? We could all just select nearest target and the boss health bar just pops up then press all kill on it.

I can't get a health bar in a crowd using it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So why does everyone have trouble finding the boss at an EM event? We could all just select nearest target and the boss health bar just pops up then press all kill on it.

I can't get a health bar in a crowd using it.
Make sure you do not have the new targeting system disabled (under the mouse icon) and the monster is hostile to you.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok good. I Get a health bar when I select nearest/ follower ---- Bandage target.

All I get when I do plain attack nearest/hostile is the bar on the mob turn on. I'm testing now thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK I pushed some buttons now I get both. THANKS

Darn how can I make it cycle? hmm Its snowing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok when you combine the Nearest target and the health bar it still dont work. But I love the Health bar coming up. That will help my Tamer and Archer in groups!

If it would cycle thru the mobs it would help more.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about you have a sale on sovereigns so players can pick what they want to buy.

players that won’t normally buy virtual goods might be tempted to forego this personal rule for a bit of bargain bling

50% off sovereigns means more sales that ordinarily wouldn’t happen

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
^^^^^^^^^^ Yup but they never do the obvious thing. I would definatly buy a bunch of Sovereigns if they were half price and save for the Stable Set that has not arrived yet?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about you have a sale on sovereigns so players can pick what they want to buy.

players that won’t normally buy virtual goods might be tempted to forego this personal rule for a bit of bargain bling

50% off sovereigns means more sales that ordinarily wouldn’t happen
Mesanna rather loves to play GM than working anything out with EA.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How beautiful! they gave us another bad candy!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They did actually have a sale on sovereigns once, but it was an accident and they pulled it a couple of hours after it was mentioned on here.
Maybe it's best they take a long time with that IDOC 'fix' as we probably won't like it anyway! :p
@Tyrath thanks that made me choke on my tea, hilarious! :D

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those numbers look good but are the true. How is it they can catch all this but still have a major problem with scripts.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna rather loves to play GM than working anything out with EA.
EA likes money. EA likes money more than it cares about our brand loyalty. EA likes money more than it cares about UO. EA likes money more than looking good to the public.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those numbers look good but are the true. How is it they can catch all this but still have a major problem with scripts.
Because a sophisticated scripter can have automated replies for a GM or an alarm that alerts them that a GM is trying to talk to them. The rule seems to be: if you respond, you're allowed to continue. If you don't respond, you get actioned.

BS is pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don't.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because a sophisticated scripter can have automated replies for a GM or an alarm that alerts them that a GM is trying to talk to them. The rule seems to be: if you respond, you're allowed to continue. If you don't respond, you get actioned.

BS is pretty much damned if they do, damned if they don't.
And some are given less than 30 seconds to respond while for others they seem to wait 10 or more minutes. I guess everyone is free to believe what he wants to believe.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And some are given less than 30 seconds to respond while for others they seem to wait 10 or more minutes. I guess everyone is free to believe what he wants to believe.
Inconsistency is the heart of UO. o.0

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I saved some Vet rewards this year, def want the pig and goat, shame to waste high level vet picks on them - maybe I'll swap an ethy for them ...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selective enforcement of the Rules and TOS. In other words there are obviously sanctioned folks that violate the Rules and TOS for fun and RL profit. I don't log in often anymore mainly because I just don't find much enjoyment in UO anymore. I keep around 10 accts active and some of the Siege and Prodo public service houses open. I often wonder why I do that since those houses visitor counts rarely go up now days. This news letter pretty much reminds me of why I find little joy in UO.......... So I spend most of my game time playing a game that does not have all the malfunctions that infest UO now days, has not one but two dev teams, publishes new content and updates weekly and is just short of officially being a 20 year old game with usually 80,000-100,000 people online playing. Plus I look way more cool there than I ever did in UO :)

Untitled.jpg Red Snakew.jpg

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Inconsistency is the heart of UO. o.0

There is someone on Europa who has openly stated, in general chat, that, and I quote, he ''teaches young ones to afk macro''. He himself has been paged on for this, more than once, and is still in game. And anyone who disrupts those activities is verbally abused, and that includes racist language. Apparently, this is acceptable...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Selective enforcement of the Rules and TOS. In other words there are obviously sanctioned folks that violate the Rules and TOS for fun and RL profit. I don't log in often anymore mainly because I just don't find much enjoyment in UO anymore. I keep around 10 accts active and some of the Siege and Prodo public service houses open. I often wonder why I do that since those houses visitor counts rarely go up now days. This news letter pretty much reminds me of why I find little joy in UO.......... So I spend most of my game time playing a game that does not have all the malfunctions that infest UO now days, has not one but two dev teams, publishes new content and updates weekly and is just short of officially being a 20 year old game with usually 80,000-100,000 people online playing. Plus I look way more cool there than I ever did in UO :)

View attachment 103973 View attachment 103974
I understand... I play more of another game than UO sometimes too... and yeah my characters look way more awesome in that game than in here:

Setatabon3.PNG Felarah4.PNG
MalagAste4.PNG

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50% off "Select Items", please pick someone else to be the "Item Selector".
The item choices are pretty bad. I want to buy stuff. I really do. But I believe the prices are too high so I don't. Make sovereigns be on sale or lower the price of everything for 2-7 days. Otherwise, I'm keeping my money and EA is missing out on customer's money.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The Undertakers Staff is actually a really useful item, my husband used it a lot, he died a lot too....it's one of the best items in the store in my opinion. I admit I did buy quite a few dyes in there too, but only because I had sovereigns to use up, honest....:D

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Undertakers Staff is actually a really useful item, my husband used it a lot, he died a lot too....it's one of the best items in the store in my opinion. I admit I did buy quite a few dyes in there too, but only because I had sovereigns to use up, honest....:D
Undertaker Staff is almost equal to using "SACRIFICE". Sacrifice retrieves items in backpack, even unblessed/uninsured items if done quickly enough.before they get looted in bad environments(if memory is correct). Check it out. Keep putzing!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it to be fairly essential for EM Events.
Had an EM event last night on LS. There was a drop so it was very crowded. I pulled up summons and revenants. I got the boss when it was at half life by cntr shft. I moved to different spots to try to help it find the boss.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Had an EM event last night on LS. There was a drop so it was very crowded. I pulled up summons and revenants. I got the boss when it was at half life by cntr shft. I moved to different spots to try to help it find the boss.
Yes I know I was there... got a drop! Didn't die amazingly... but my poor beetle did multiple times.