• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #4

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new edition of the Ultima Online Newsletter has been released you can read the newsletter via the Continue Reading link below.

Continue reading...

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, I am very disappointed about the holiday gifts--but at least they finally told us.

I certainly appreciate and participate in most of those events.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have money. Please let me buy more storage. (Posted only because someone asked for bashing.)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can hear it now " NO more free stuff". Maybe the tiny elf with a candy cane says that. I have to ask, is anyone really shocked? Really? She truly is our prince.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A relatively light newsletter. I am a little surprised no new items in the UO store. I have no problem paying for something useful and foregoing a cheap deco freebie.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A relatively light newsletter. I am a little surprised no new items in the UO store. I have no problem paying for something useful and foregoing a cheap deco freebie.
The Mage Deco set was put in the store for December. Too bad they really dont want to make money, they removed the Potion of Glorious Fortune.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the no more free stuff means you have to work for every item in the game. You know like in the current events. Holiday gifts are UO tradition and free, meaning you get it dropped in your pack. She seems to dislike UO traditions and gifts. Idk why. :eek: Revenge? maybe.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The Mage Deco set was put in the store for December. Too bad they really dont want to make money, they removed the Potion of Glorious Fortune.
Mage Deco set had been in there back a while ago. I received it as a birthday gift from a friend in October. I believe they just highlighted it again as their featured item.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just to clarify I'm reading this right... it sounds like the "gifts" this year will be had by just doing content or am I misreading it and it's basically saying the gift this year is so much content (ie nothing different from doing Krampus all month)?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just to clarify I'm reading this right... it sounds like the "gifts" this year will be had by just doing content or am I misreading it and it's basically saying the gift this year is so much content (ie nothing different from doing Krampus all month)?

No girft, as in token that turns into a giftbox with something ini it. First time in history.
You got some events, thats the gift. Nevermind that only one or two items from that turn in for Ice are useful.
Krampus doesn't count, its the same ole same ole...proving once again that they CAN just turn on past events with the flip of a switch.

Yes, Mesanna, iyou really will be the last producer of UO.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
In lieu of Holiday Tokens this year we are trying something different and giving everyone a variety of ways to stay busy during the holidays so we have baked our holiday themed rewards into a number of different events including The Artisan Festival, Krampus, and Tears of the Ice Dragon! You can check out the schedule for those events below,
I do not do Bods. Krampus is/was just a repeat of last year's. And the Dragon of Ice is nothing compared to the event we had in Oct. Only one page of possible rewards for it? And they all really nothing I need or wish for.

12-9-200002.jpg

I have to agree with most this is a very poor showing on the Dev's for this time of the year. I guess they all in a rush to start the Christmas holidays with family and friends. All I can say is have a safe holiday. And bring us something special for the New Year. (Much love) ♥

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
How hard would it have been to give out a gift box with a tree, snowman and candy cane, even recycled ones with 'Winter 2020' on, so newer players could do some Holiday decorating? Lately they only seem to find time to make store items and work on a new shard that nobody asked for instead of doing anything for existing paying customers.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have given everyone a soggy gift box that disintegrates in your pack when opened to reveal the new poo graphic from the store, hued a greyish white. It would simply be titled: 2020

Making it a pile of snow would also be amusing. :devil:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)I like the hedges, the locket is pretty, the recolored blood I don't know what it is for and my tables already have legs. I would like to buy hedges on Atlantic.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
why not just offer past years gifts on a 2nd page of the dungeon rewards.... i mean hell if they dont wanna give us anything its the least they could do..... no wait they are doing the least they can do..... when they labled the original shards "production shards" i pretty much figured they were done with us. its all about this new shard.... might be nice if Mesanna and her team just branched straight off uo with that and gave the "production shards" to someone who give a F!.....

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sum it up like this:
Dynamic ice dungeon event - reuse of the dynamic system
Artisan festival - reused content
Krampus - reuse of content

= Saved alot of time to work on the New legacy shard.

As ive said a million times, im sure the new shard will be great, awesome etc, but at what cost?
devs just sacreficed the holiday gift, alot of people looked forward to these, including myself.

Even if there were nothing new this year, it would still be tradition.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"In lieu of Holiday Tokens this year we are trying something different and giving everyone a variety of ways to stay busy during the holidays so we have baked our holiday themed rewards into a number of different events including The Artisan Festival, Krampus, and Tears of the Ice Dragon! "

So if I understand this correctly, Instead of putting those beautiful stained glass windows into a gift box, they threw them into the mix of OLD artisan tree gifts where we might get 1 out of 30 (if lucky).

*shakes her head*

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be nice if she is replaced with a person who can give a care.
She has stated many times she will be the last producer of the game. So only way is her geting fired and am sure she has a big red button installed she can hit incase that happens. Or she has some dirt that will make that impassable

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
CatHat, Ando, Silvani and Leurocian are the ones I remember most on top of Draconi and GrimmOmen because I had personal interactions with all of them. I still talk to Leurocian from time to time on facebook.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there is so much stuff in uo now, im fine with no gifts. just more junk because so many would be given out. just too much stuff out there. i want to know about vet rewards. looks like they will be very late on vet rewards, oh wait they already very late. no pictures, no word on them that i know of. probably working on new shard, i still have no clue why all this time and effort will be put into new shard. will it bring more players or cause some to leave? is it for new players to teach them about game? or for gold sellers? i only hear it will give old feel of uo.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nostalgia set in so I went into my old photobucket account and found a signature I had done back in 2012 for another game....I did a bit of creative editing and thought it suited our situation...(Ducks and covers)

LOL sorry....I had to...

1607660529475.png

Seriously though, I am fine without the gifts, the current events have been a lot of fun.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
there is so much stuff in uo now, im fine with no gifts. just more junk because so many would be given out. just too much stuff out there. i want to know about vet rewards. looks like they will be very late on vet rewards, oh wait they already very late. no pictures, no word on them that i know of. probably working on new shard, i still have no clue why all this time and effort will be put into new shard. will it bring more players or cause some to leave? is it for new players to teach them about game? or for gold sellers? i only hear it will give old feel of uo.
I believe they add new vet rewards in March

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice if she is replaced with a person who can give a care.
Someone who cares to actually understand the real *culture* in this game - not just the loudest whiners they normally pay attention to, is not full of themselves, & who has more than 4 brain cells. The whole live broadcast where they announced the new shard made me turn 100% against her. She comes across very badly.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think 90% of the player base does
I do as well. I do not miss the crap systems like high seas Mythic put in, but the best live event arcs were under the time Darconi was on the active UO staff. I think he pissed someone off by being so much better than all of them. He then got *promoted* to get him out of the way.

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tears of the dragon is garbage, imo. Ice is way too small of a dungeon to do this kind of event in (so would Destard), unless they revealed *hidden* levels. No one on my shard gives a rats butt about the drops. No one is buying drops, asking for pieces to complete suits, or even talking about the event in chat. There are hardly any mobs to kill even on lower pop shards even during the day. As everyone has mentioned, the rewards suck.

I am going to farm 100 drops just in case they add more rewards or if someone is desperate enough to buy them. I actually want the paragon chests more than anything as there is a good chance they will never be available again.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone who cares to actually understand the real *culture* in this game - not just the loudest whiners they normally pay attention to, is not full of themselves, & who has more than 4 brain cells. The whole live broadcast where they announced the new shard made me turn 100% against her. She comes across very badly.
Hey everyone! We are creating a new shard. Now let’s wrap this up with my life story!

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey everyone! We are creating a new shard. Now let’s wrap this up with my life story!
Think you mean.

Hey everyone! We are creating a new shard. So now let's wrap this idea of old shards up. We will only be working on the new one nowadays. Thanks for the 23 years of paying. Please let the door hit you on the way out. As they saying goes "Don't come back now, You hear!!!"

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, as someone who sells LOTS
CatHat, Ando, Silvani and Leurocian are the ones I remember most on top of Draconi and GrimmOmen because I had personal interactions with all of them. I still talk to Leurocian from time to time on facebook.

Please tell Leurocian the fishers of FCB still remember him fondly...he was the fisher's friend for sure. We even gave him gifts at an in-person event :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well, as someone who sells LOTS

Please tell Leurocian the fishers of FCB still remember him fondly...he was the fisher's friend for sure. We even gave him gifts at an in-person event :)
His daughter Kaelynn was interviewed on the news on TV talking about how the pandemic was affecting schools and such. She's SO grown up now! I met them at the Chicago town Hall meeting and she was still in a stroller.

He's on there with her.

I have passed on your message!

AND he responded...

1607711475054.png