• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #29

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. :cool:

(Actually, I've personally won one, lost one, but the logic of the Devs is sound, I cannot complain, they have listened to the players I believe).

Quite a few things I'm looking forward to here.

Good work Devs. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So...…, more nothing good coming soon news. Guess I'll have to check back in about 4-6 months to see if they finally wake up. :bored::bored:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I like them all, all 6. Tyvm. If I ever changed shards I will choose Sonoma. Thank you Cinderella.
there is more then just Cinderella on Sonoma!

there is me!
(and i dont like to brag but ive been doing a lot of squats lately and my buns are like steel!)
((granted i think she is a girl, so there is that))
(((but still..... like steel!)))

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Update on actioned accounts to date:
Abuse of game mechanics 5
Distruptive Behavior 16
Naming violation 5
Solicitation 7
Unattended Macroing 39
Duping 11
Multiboxing 13
i cant be the only one that smiles when i see that 7 people got picked up for Solicitation.
i tell my kids every day, dont hang out behind the brit west bank after dark!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
real footage from Brit West Bank after 2am ATL shard.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That’s fake news again

it’s more likely to cost more than $10 dollars nowadays

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it was tickets to a bull riding contest not sure though

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
While it is nice to see the dress/undress feature being added to the CC, I really hope some limitations are added to both EC and CC. Insta suit switching should not be allowed while you are in the middle of combat. I can see players switching all types of skill jewelry constantly and bypassing many game mechanics. Please disable in combat or add a cooldown timer. Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While it is nice to see the dress/undress feature being added to the CC, I really hope some limitations are added to both EC and CC. Insta suit switching should not be allowed while you are in the middle of combat. I can see players switching all types of skill jewelry constantly and bypassing many game mechanics. Please disable in combat or add a cooldown timer. Thanks.
Really because when you are doing a champ spawn do you really want to have to wait five min to switch to your other weapon? I think not. I've put up with for years that combat crap with the being able to log out after you came home to find a mogbat on your steps and you instantly shoot the cursed thing and then have to wait forever in a day to swap your characters because of it for you stinking PvPers. I'll be damned if I have to wait to swap out a weapon because of it..

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don’t items in hand should have a cool down period but suits should not be able to instantly be switched during battles
Also need to cap skill points to 750 max and a bounce for really skill points

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was wondering how long it would take for the pvp crowd to get around to trying to get the luck suit switch terminated because they can't deal with others using it to beat them in pvp.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an honest question here not a smart a$$ remark, how does luck help someone in PvP

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an honest question here not a smart a$$ remark, how does luck help someone in PvP
It doesnt but with ec suit switch macro you can swap to a luck suit just before the boss dies. If you add a heat of battle cooldown this eliminates that.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have to have no combat flag to auto change suits. Weapons is one thing, it's conceivable that during a fight you could grab a different weapon... taking off your pants on the other hand, not so much.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesnt but with ec suit switch macro you can swap to a luck suit just before the boss dies. If you add a heat of battle cooldown this eliminates that.
And what is the problem with that? Apart from making another part of the game more annoying, what does it achieve?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And what is the problem with that? Apart from making another part of the game more annoying, what does it achieve?
Annoyed and irritated player base.

Oh and did I mention that also makes people who hate PvP jacking up the game hate PvP even more?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't pvp folks complain about variety in builds? Wouldn't swapping gear provide that?
No it doesn't mean that. There is only like 2-3 viable templates in pvp anymore due to outrageous gear and skill bonus. Swapping gear every five seconds wouldn't change that at all. Melee characters are still useless, archers have become almost useless thanks to last combat changes failure. Its bushido mages with parry, wrestle parry mages, 4/6 chivalry with/without bushido with parry, nothing else is being played. High DPS with High defense and range, nothing can compete with it and is why pvp is broken still with no balance at all.

I don't care about the suit swapping thing very much, but it is a stupid idea to have one thing in one client and not the other. Pvmers shouldn't be allowed this either, build better luck suits and you wont need to switch to it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No it doesn't mean that. There is only like 2-3 viable templates in pvp anymore due to outrageous gear and skill bonus. Swapping gear every five seconds wouldn't change that at all. Melee characters are still useless, archers have become almost useless thanks to last combat changes failure. Its bushido mages with parry, wrestle parry mages, 4/6 chivalry with/without bushido with parry, nothing else is being played. High DPS with High defense and range, nothing can compete with it and is why pvp is broken still with no balance at all.

I don't care about the suit swapping thing very much, but it is a stupid idea to have one thing in one client and not the other. Pvmers shouldn't be allowed this either, build better luck suits and you wont need to switch to it.
Why do you feel that such a small minority should dictate what should and should not be allowed?

Fyi it would seem they are adding this FEATURE to cc.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has nothing to do with pvp/pvm people. There shouldn't be a way to bypass suit building by going from 0 luck to 2300 luck in a split second. If luck didn't factor into anything it wouldn't matter, just like in pvp it makes no difference. Then the fact its only in one client is just absurd. I also don't think the devs can pull off a suit swap in CC, you have far too much faith in a team that's failed in the past 20 patches. I love how everyone is black and white when it comes to pvp / non pvp people in discussions. Its like democrats and republicans irl. People will stick to their sides regardless of how dumb the person on their sides ideas are. Id be the first person to point out a pvp person being stupid just as much as I would point out a pvm idea that's bad.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has nothing to do with pvp/pvm people. There shouldn't be a way to bypass suit building by going from 0 luck to 2300 luck in a split second. If luck didn't factor into anything it wouldn't matter, just like in pvp it makes no difference. Then the fact its only in one client is just absurd. I also don't think the devs can pull off a suit swap in CC, you have far too much faith in a team that's failed in the past 20 patches. I love how everyone is black and white when it comes to pvp / non pvp people in discussions. Its like democrats and republicans irl. People will stick to their sides regardless of how dumb the person on their sides ideas are. Id be the first person to point out a pvp person being stupid just as much as I would point out a pvm idea that's bad.
I see your points. Just seems that to have something for so long only to be removed due to complaints from a small group claiming balance issues is frustrating. It happens a lot and often from the same group of players. Admitidly I do have a negative view of pvp and sometimes that does color my opinions.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of things go on for a long time unchecked that are not fair or right that doesn’t mean you keep turning a blind eye, just read your history books.

Anther thing is it’s hard enough to get 1 or 2 good suits, having to carry multiple suits to play any game is joke

Maybe if everyone would just stand together like they did with the castle cost and make this team stop over complicating this game we wouldn’t be having this decision and maybe the game would be a little more fun

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I asked Melisande. She did not care if someone switches to a luck suit right before she dies.

She can also read the coding and luck does not matter.
That's cause even with 10000 luck bonus being added to ML boss loot, its still garbage compared to the roof encounter without luck. LOL

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why but it seems like when my luck suit is around 2100 I better loot than at 2600 plus

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Really because when you are doing a champ spawn do you really want to have to wait five min to switch to your other weapon? I think not. I've put up with for years that combat crap with the being able to log out after you came home to find a mogbat on your steps and you instantly shoot the cursed thing and then have to wait forever in a day to swap your characters because of it for you stinking PvPers. I'll be damned if I have to wait to swap out a weapon because of it..
No need to worry. I was suggesting the change for armor swapping only. I wouldn' t want to change how weapon equipping works.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No need to worry. I was suggesting the change for armor swapping only. I wouldn' t want to change how weapon equipping works.
You are expecting this bunch to code something like that? One would think they could tell the difference between me swapping characters in Tram after killing a stupid mongbat and me swapping characters in Fel after losing to some other Player.... but how long have I been unable to swap due to combating a measly mongbat?