• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #15

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nature's Revenge = scripters delight, auto recall and pick up coming back to a shard near you soon

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hopefully we can you turn in last years as well and have new colors

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I originally read it to think they were planning a real life BBQ to make up for no 25th Anniversary party.. never the less, good update ! Looking forward to the refinement vet reward!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya me to I read it the same but it’s in game

the vet reward house add-ons are great

wish they would have said the release date and what years they will be. I can’t imagine the fishing being over 1 year. But just to piss off a certain someone they might make it 26 year and account bound lol

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
cant beleive they return the fiasco eggs scripting
that looks more like a dynamic champ spawn
but if they do return the eggs for turn ins
that would be great too

I'm getting excited for all that they showed in this sneak peak

======

can't wait to test the new vet rewards too

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I originally read it to think they were planning a real life BBQ to make up for no 25th Anniversary party.. never the less, good update ! Looking forward to the refinement vet reward!
I'd rather hang out at the Fire Island in UO than the one in New York anyway

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hopefully we can you turn in last years as well and have new colors
YES. I have a bag of 90. A player was trying to give away 100 last week because he needed space.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can someone please copy newsletter here?

Happening on Live
Producer Notes

Greetings Everyone,

With 2022 behind us we are working hard to get an Alpha NLS open by the middle of the year. I realize we have been quiet but know we are working hard on getting this up and running to provide you guys with a new shard to play on. I keep getting emails asking for a Classic shard. As stated before we cannot do that. What we are doing is taking a sprinkle of the old with some glitter of new content to make a unique experience when you play the seasons.

I am asking all the requests for the Historical Banner to please give me the xyz coords of your houses. When using a sextant in the bottom left corner you will see the xyz location It really helps speed things up for me. So if you guys sent emails without that number please resend it and I promise they will get placed within a few days of receipt.

I would like to remind everyone regarding the purchase of Sovereigns. Please remember that the Sovereigns are applied to the Master account. Please be sure to spend all of your Sovereigns if you are going to unlink all your accounts.

It seems that there are a lot of questions as to what the difference is between multi client and following and multi boxing is. One is illegal and that is the multiboxing which allows you to run more than one account all with the same controller. This is multiboxing. Multi client is when you are able to have several accounts on the same computer run but you have to switch back and forth and operate them sperately. And of course it is not illegal to auto follow. As always if you feel your account has been actioned unjustly then please send in an email to [email protected] and it will be reviewed.

This year mark your calendars because we are having a Summer Soltice BBQ party. It will be on the beach on Fire Island. More details will be given the closer we get to July.
Finally, here are the CS actions for the month of December:
3 - Abuse of game mechanics
1 - Solicitation
42- Macroing
16- Multiboxing
3 - Disruptive Behavior
1 - Physical Harrassment

See you in Britannia,
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer
Upcoming Events

With a new year comes new and exciting events in Britannia! The first half of 2023 will be packed full of events to take part in, as well as well as awesome new rewards to claim!

Veteran Rewards
Our players and our community are the core of Ultima Online and we say thanks to those who have spent so many years in Britannia!
  • New monster statuettes to collect!
  • The mighty frost mite as an ethereal mount!
  • Enchanted Refinement Workbench to generate refinement precursors!
  • Salvage station to break down craftables to salvage some of that leather and metal
  • BG's Fishing Pole so you never have to worry about fishing up an old boot ever again!
  • Guild Flags to display your devotion to your favorite NPC guild!

Valentine's Day
Who loves you like the UO Team? Share a new series of collectible stuffys, inspired by Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge, with your true love!

Nature's Revenge
Spring is a time of renewal and regrowth...but also sweet revenge! The scars of the Alchemist's Abomination still resonate within the natural fabric of Britannia's being and it's time to get even! Will the wanton desecration of the fertile lands of Britannia go unanswered?

Festival of the Summer Solstice
Following a cold, hard winter it's time to celebrate the warmth of the summer sun with a festival at Fire Island!

Ultima Online: New Legacy

In September of 2020 we announced a bold project called Ultima Online: New Legacy with the goal of rekindling the magic of Ultima Online and delivering it to the largest audience we could. Since its release in 1997, Ultima Online has stood the test of time as one of the most venerable MMORPGs ever. The adventures were limitless in this new sandbox world. There were glorious victories, and crushing defeats - and relationships made with friends all over the globe that would span decades. With Ultima Online: New Legacy we want to rekindle that magic for generations old & new.

In the time since the announcement we've been hard at work both building New Legacy and supporting our current live servers. We've added new team members, hashed out design ideas, built the underlying systems, and populated the world with a fun and engaging narrative that will form the core of the New Legacy experience.

In New Legacy you'll be able to customize your character's portrait appearance to truly make them your own. You'll select a unique surname as the name others will remember from season to season. Will you be Britannia's greatest hero? Most accomplished smith? Most feared villain? The choice is yours!

The Britannian Calendar will dictate changes in the season and signal the start of special events. Race in the Moonglow Yacht Club's annual regatta, attend the Firefly Festival, walk in the Winter Parade, and contribute to the Community Cornucopia. Each month will give ample opportunity for friends to come together for adventure and laughter!

We have completely reworked some of the most tedious systems, such as skill gain and crafting, updating them to allow you to get into the action faster than ever. Embark on a bold journey with Warrior's Guild or the Mage's Guild with the hopes of defeating a grave Orcish threat. Challenge Britannia's most fearsome foes in the mysterious arena known as the Quaderact or go toe to toe with other players in the Dungeon Outpost.

Decisions made and choices ignored will define your legacy - and we cannot wait to see where it takes you.

From the Meet & Greets
Our next TC1 M&G will be held on January 30th at 7pm ET in Castle Blackthorn
See you there!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
NL Alpha by mid year? HAHAHA, they're not even at Alpha yet? What a train wreck.
I saw that and thought the same thing; so they had all 2020/2021/2022 and now half 2023 to release the Alpha (they say "middle of the year" which could be Sept/Oct technically)... which still may or may not happen on time. Don't worry though, as a show of faith we were given 3 additional pieces of artwork for NL (that looks very similar to what we already have on Prod aside from draped banners)! It's definitely a joke at this point because we should at the very least have some idea of what the shard will be aside from "it won't be classic client".... it's only been 3+ years now to figure out what you are coding.

cant beleive they return the fiasco eggs scripting
Also thought this... after such a disaster Spring 2022 of rampant / blatant scripting they are already going back to the well? I hope it's different than it was last year but given the lack of originality by this team (pumpkins/skeletons for Halloween + Krampus/Artisan Fest for Xmas every single year for the past X years) it's really not that surprising that the annual "spring event" will be the same boring egg thing. If it's for more decoration (butterflies / hedges / etc) then I won't even bother with it. My only hope is that the rewards for whatever dynamic champ and ToT spawn they do (also super unoriginal at this point) are worthwhile.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
.I hope it's different than it was last year
What is the problem with last year ? Only one fail I saw was allowing pile of macro weavers stay at one place in Destard dungeon.
Eggs gathering for me personally allowed getting slayer talismans on shards I never played before with minimum skilled toon (some magery to recall and make runes)
Later this resulted in me equipping and training fighters on those shards , buying ethy horses and soulstones there (and mythical tokens in future). Resulted me spending lots of time crafting gear for those toons (moving market for craft stuff), buying some PS to transfer there. Now I need to buy additional sub's to make/destroy houses there just to arrange my powerscrolls , interact with other players to x-fer here and there .
So even without any scripting this event gave me more fun and more things to do in this game during event and after it. I am still not finished with it , by the way.
What's bad with it ? You as shard dweller still had dungeon ToT event for your shiny gear nice trained warrior. Why bother about some (possibly my) low-gear mage recalling here and there ?

Last edited:

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
What is the problem with last year ? Only one fail I saw was allowing pile of macro weavers stay at one place in Destard dungeon.
Eggs gathering for me personally allowed getting slayer talismans on shards I never played before with minimum skilled toon (some magery to recall and make runes)
Later this resulted in me equipping and training fighters on those shards , buying ethylene horses and soulstones there (and mythical tokens in future). Resulted me spending lots of te crafting gear for those toons (moving market for craft stuff), buying some PS to transfer there. Now I need to buy additional sub's to make/destroy houses there just to arrange my powerscrolls , interact with other players to x-fer here and there .
So even without any scripting this event gave me more fun and more things to do in this game during event and after it. I am still not finished with it , by the way.
What's bad with it ? You as shard dweller still had dungeon ToT event for your shiny gear nice trained warrior. Why bother about some (possibly my) low-gear mage recalling here and there ?
I'm glad the egg event worked out so well for you but what others and I didn't like about it was that people were running scripts constantly with low gear mages to do the same thing as you well not at the computer. Something which could easily be replicated on all shards as it only took an EJ and as you have said a very low skill unequipped mage. Don't even have to bother with an LRC suit just carry a few reagents for recall and good to go.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I'm glad the egg event worked out so well for you but what others and I didn't like about it was that people were running scripts constantly with low gear mages to do the same thing as you well not at the computer. Something which could easily be replicated on all shards as it only took an EJ and as you have said a very low skill unequipped mage. Don't even have to bother with an LRC suit just carry a few reagents for recall and good to go.
I did lots of eggs as I said and saw no scripture as you call them . recalling and gathering with scavenger is not a scripting. Scavenger is a function in EC , same as auto follow in CC. Some hours we're more popular on some shards so I was just doing it on another where I alone or 1 more player was gathering those eggs. I had fun doing that. I was sitting at the keyboard and steering my char.
And you still had possibility to go to dungeon and kill stuff. Which I done on ATL and other shard I have gear and fighters. Also on ATL (as it was so popular) I trained one more imbuer to move off-shard from 50 to 120 by unraveling loot from paragons, she never imbued anything:)) . I don't see how adding something like egg hunt can destroy my experience in Deceit dungeon during last event for example. You like fighting - go on. Have peacefull crafters and low-gear mage for bank sitting? There is a possibility for you to get some gear to sell or to use(I sold nothing by the way, all for myself).

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
You're right @gwen you did it exactly the right way. You manually worked your character and recalled to and picked up the eggs. Unfortunately, what myself and it seems many others, excluding yourself, witnessed many characters who were not as upright as you. These were being run by an auto script using one of a few 3rd party programs to copy the actions you did manually without user intervention. This prevented players who, like yourself, tried to manually gather eggs from being successful. I am glad that you did not come across this and were able to successfully get everything you wanted. And yes, as you stated this had no effect on the dungeon portion of the event, but no one should be forced to take part in that.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You're right @gwen you did it exactly the right way. You manually worked your character and recalled to and picked up the eggs. Unfortunately, what myself and it seems many others, excluding yourself, witnessed many characters who were not as upright as you. These were being run by an auto script using one of a few 3rd party programs to copy the actions you did manually without user intervention. This prevented players who, like yourself, tried to manually gather eggs from being successful. I am glad that you did not come across this and were able to successfully get everything you wanted. And yes, as you stated this had no effect on the dungeon portion of the event, but no one should be forced to take part in that.
On ATL before Dastard started was quite tight competition cuz eggs respawn time was same as on low-pop shards. But I got 1-2 butterflies and some other deco. Just to see how it looks. But it was tough! Some camping spots , some recalling like crazy , some running . So I did almost nothing there during Deco part.
On Asuka I gathered 8 full sets of candles. Why ? No idea ! no one was gathering eggs during my playing time so I was doing this . And I had fun. I sold 2 or 3 candles , other leftover I gave to people who wanted them and missing some colors to finish their set.
Then Destard event came . There was scripting heaven(before fix). In the dungeon not in Brit farms ! Even thou I had fun : I spent 30min in dungeon to check how it work and later 2-3 days to skill and gear toon for macroing Destard , which resulted me in 1 or 2 hours farming before fix :)) . I don't play 23,5/7 , lol.

There is difference between ways of getting drops. In dungeon we have some hidden kill counter affected by luck . While we claim it is slow or unexplainable, we don't see what other people get. Just imagine that we will need to kill mobs in dungeon so one with drop will appear (like paragon, visible, different color , etc). And you possibly will see how someone else got to this skeleton first and killed it. You will also claim he/she is scripter or unofficial software user or whatever. Like in PvP talk on ATL where one is looser and another is scripter :) Yes, lots of people saw someone picking egg they saw and were running to. Sometimes I was lucky recalling right next to one and was picking it while others player was opening door and almost got it. Sometimes it was me late for 1 second .
Nothing like this happen in dungeon : while we are happy to recall in room full of skeletons, and unhappy if someone did it before you, you have no idea if that mob generated drop or not.

So Destard event was real success : when I felt like fighting I went in dungeon. Too crowdy or too many paragons - go to farm ATL. Tired of it : go loot mobs and train imbuer, feel lazy doing tgat: go to some shard to collect eggs , many people on that shard - go to another.
I was checking US shards too : some had lots of eggs(but I have Asia timezone) .
So please explain if last Deceit event will have goat droppings collector (why not) you don't know about, how it will harm you ?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@gwen - I'm not talking about the dungeon portion of the event at all because that's just a cookie cutter ToT event. You are assuming the egg gathering is going to be at the same time as the dungeon event; I am not. I'm strictly talking about some sort of "gathering" event. There was a month or 2 period where it was just egg gathering (no dungeon) and by midway through it the scripters had a lock on it. That was also the first year of this style event so if we get the exact same this year; there will be mass scripting out of the gates because the scripts already exist from last event.

Recycled events are sort of like PvP. I do not PvP anymore because I do not want to "compete" with scripting... by taking the lazy route and simply reskinning a previous event it allows the same people to script and then others that might not scripted before might start scripting because it's the only way to really compete. So then what you get is a bunch of people scripting that ruin the fun for regular people like me who do not wish to script. The problem with competing against a scripter is that they don't care if there are another 10 scripters all running the same thing and they only get 10 eggs an hour... but for someone like me who is sitting at the computer for an hour (and might only have an hour to play) it's an issue because it's not worth the time or headache.

I'm fine with an easter egg style event again if the Devs actually make some changes that deter scripting whether it be add a piece to the event where you kind of need to do something like more of a quest chain (so it's more than just picking up something and turning it in) or Devs deploy the same EJ account logic to the things they pickup. Whatever it is, there needs to be something different than last year otherwise the same scripters are just going to suck up 75% of the eggs leaving honest players to fight for a fraction of the eggs.

Hopefully the Devs have something planned for scripters but given how much they are supposedly focusing on NL; I can see them just "turning on" the same event from last year. If that's the case, I hope you and others enjoy it but I know that I will not bother with the frustration for some random decorations.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Keven2002 you really had trouble because during that month or two someone scripted(not played , ok) several butterflies or candles? Which cost hmmmm almost nothing, compare how much gold you can make playing game if you have geared up toon (or several) on given shard. Especially if this shard is ATL where so many ways of making gold uninterrupted do exist. Like making Medusa keys (my first big money there) or farming any peerless, or pirates or imbuing essences and ingredients, or whetstones.

Don't forget that mass-scripting (or easy getting something) results in price decrease . High competition - go do other content. Or login not in peak time.
Telling that such popular event as eggs collecting was a failure - really not fair for developers who designed it. Failure is content nobody bothers to interact. But when there is competition and rewards are in demand , and players switch from doing other things to this one- it is great.
Example of failure are some mini champs in SA where artifacts are useless and essences are needed for properties nobody need to imbue. Or champion spawn in Labyrinth .

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 you really had trouble because during that month or two someone scripted(not played , ok) several butterflies or candles? Which cost hmmmm almost nothing, compare how much gold you can make playing game if you have geared up toon (or several) on given shard. Especially if this shard is ATL where so many ways of making gold uninterrupted do exist. Like making Medusa keys (my first big money there) or farming any peerless, or pirates or imbuing essences and ingredients, or whetstones.

Don't forget that mass-scripting (or easy getting something) results in price decrease . High competition - go do other content. Or login not in peak time.
Telling that such popular event as eggs collecting was a failure - really not fair for developers who designed it. Failure is content nobody bothers to interact. But when there is competition and rewards are in demand , and players switch from doing other things to this one- it is great.
Example of failure are some mini champs in SA where artifacts are useless and essences are needed for properties nobody need to imbue. Or champion spawn in Labyrinth .
Exactly my point. You are basically saying "Go do other stuff to make money to buy from the scripters"; it kind of defeats the whole point of the new event if scripters are just going to take it over and the honest players support their cheating actions.

Also, I never said the egg event was a failure... I said Spring 2022 was a disaster due to rampant / blatant scripting and I stand by that (and so do many others). Like I said, if they are actually going to do something (aka different than it was last year) then I'm all for it but if not I won't bother.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Exactly my point. You are basically saying "Go do other stuff to make money to buy from the scripters"; it kind of defeats the whole point of the new event if scripters are just going to take it over and the honest players support their cheating actions.

Also, I never said the egg event was a failure... I said Spring 2022 was a disaster due to rampant / blatant scripting and I stand by that (and so do many others). Like I said, if they are actually going to do something (aka different than it was last year) then I'm all for it but if not I won't bother.
Of course. If you don't like some content at all or at some time -don't do it. Especially eggs resulting in Deco. You will not loose UO having no butterflies.
Eggs have lots of spawn location. If someone made a script to do all that and to collect them all-it is real Rain Man and you should be happy he switched from other things to this one . I saw some grief posts about it , but really never faced any toon who I can account as automated .
May be from point of view of inexperienced player who collected eggs with mouse dragging my gameplay looked like scripted : recalling , checking where are eggs (if lucky to appear next to egg, picking it at the same moment) running straight to nearest egg and picking it on the fly.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@gwen - I'm not talking about the dungeon portion of the event at all because that's just a cookie cutter ToT event. You are assuming the egg gathering is going to be at the same time as the dungeon event; I am not. I'm strictly talking about some sort of "gathering" event. There was a month or 2 period where it was just egg gathering (no dungeon) and by midway through it the scripters had a lock on it. That was also the first year of this style event so if we get the exact same this year; there will be mass scripting out of the gates because the scripts already exist from last event.

Recycled events are sort of like PvP. I do not PvP anymore because I do not want to "compete" with scripting... by taking the lazy route and simply reskinning a previous event it allows the same people to script and then others that might not scripted before might start scripting because it's the only way to really compete. So then what you get is a bunch of people scripting that ruin the fun for regular people like me who do not wish to script.

I'm fine with an easter egg style event again if the Devs actually make some changes that deter scripting whether it be add a piece to the event where you kind of need to do something like more of a quest chain (so it's more than just picking up something and turning it in) or Devs deploy the same EJ account logic to the things they pickup. Whatever it is, there needs to be something different than last year otherwise the same scripters are just going to suck up 75% of the eggs leaving honest players to fight for a fraction of the eggs.

Hopefully the Devs have something planned for scripters but given how much they are supposedly focusing on NL; I can see them just "turning on" the same event from last year. If that's the case, I hope you and others enjoy it but I know that I will not bother with the frustration for some random decorations.
Rather than having to change things, which always ends up hurting the honest players, the Devs could always, BAN THE PEOPLE WHO BREAK THE RULES! A novel idea to be sure, for UO Devs anyway. FYI, to the people who say "the scripters/cheaters never affect me" think about all the changes that were made, JUST to "combat" the scripters, and how it DID affect you. Just sayin'.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
The egg bots were not a conspiracy theory, I know someone who was doing it.
it was also a fairly simple script to run from what I’ve heard.

Did you know, there are 4 guilds with the script to send a stealthed animal formed thief to the active VvV town. Find the sigil, go out of animal form, steal the sigil, stealth, back in form, return to priest.
Buy and insure royal forged pardon when reached 10k points.

collecting eggs way way simpler.

Reactions: dvv

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There will be housing but you won't just be able to place anywhere, there will be quests you'll need to do to prove your worth to whatever town you want to live in, and there will be upkeep of your house.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I notice that there is no mention of housing on the new shard. Where will we keep our stuff?
I'd assume your bank box. You have to keep in mind that the shard is temporary (and sounds like more simplistic); most of the hoarding people do will likely be pointless because they've only confirmed porting of characters to a Prod shard,, not all of their items. I'm guessing people will only be able to take a handful of things with you. Since the design is for limited play, if your "legacy" is a renown macer warrior there won't be a need for you to keep swords/daggers etc (at least that's the way the make it sound).

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I'd assume your bank box. You have to keep in mind that the shard is temporary (and sounds like more simplistic); most of the hoarding people do will likely be pointless because they've only confirmed porting of characters to a Prod shard,, not all of their items. I'm guessing people will only be able to take a handful of things with you. Since the design is for limited play, if your "legacy" is a renown macer warrior there won't be a need for you to keep swords/daggers etc (at least that's the way the make it sound).
How to trade stuff then ?
I'd like if they will make some SoHo condo with unlimited houses (you enter some moon gate and go to your own one). Where you can place vendors. Or use banker as vendor and also can buy from him . Take ticket from VS , drop on minter(or special trader NPC) and get your item.
This will also be awesome for prodo shards, at cost of banking space , sure .

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How to trade stuff then ?
I'd like if they will make some SoHo condo with unlimited houses (you enter some moon gate and go to your own one). Where you can place vendors. Or use banker as vendor and also can buy from him . Take ticket from VS , drop on minter(or special trader NPC) and get your item.
This will also be awesome for prodo shards, at cost of banking space , sure .
Lots of things are unknown so many things are just speculation at this point but I'd imagine people would use their bankbox as storage to hold 125+ items like has been the case since day 1 of UO. I understand that hoarding is ingrained deep into the fabric of UO given it's been 25 years to amass "stuff" so the idea of not having 3k lockdowns is probably not popular but if the shard is supposed to be simple and "classic feel" then I don't see a need to have 3k lockdowns when most stuff is going to be deleted at the end of the season anyway.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lots of things are unknown so many things are just speculation at this point but I'd imagine people would use their bankbox as storage to hold 125+ items like has been the case since day 1 of UO. I understand that hoarding is ingrained deep into the fabric of UO given it's been 25 years to amass "stuff" so the idea of not having 3k lockdowns is probably not popular but if the shard is supposed to be simple and "classic feel" then I don't see a need to have 3k lockdowns when most stuff is going to be deleted at the end of the season anyway.
If people build houses they will not want a shard wipe if they get shiny stuff they will not want a shard wipe its the PERMANENCY that makes UO we have a seasonal shard it's called test the developers just totally out of touch with the player base and have not a clue what it would take to bring UO to the largest audience ever

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what it would take to bring UO to the largest audience ever
They have modified that in the newsletter.

"In September of 2020 we announced a bold project called Ultima Online: New Legacy with the goal of rekindling the magic of Ultima Online and delivering it to the largest audience we could."

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Frost Mite Ethies are a surprise. I know they said they'd look into making actual Frost Mites ridable, but then they didn't do it. Hopefully actual Frost Mites become ridable. Frost Mites are ****ing ridiculous with the stats they can have. As you can see, this one has reached the total stat cap and full regens, with enough TP left to fully 120 all his skills, with 25 TP left and literally nothing left to spend it on.
Icicle 3.PNG

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
BG's Fishing Pole so you never have to worry about fishing up an old boot ever again!
who is BG?
why does he have a fishing pole named after him?
what does it do.... just not pick up footwear?
is it imbueable?
does it have any other properties?
why was it the only thing not shown out of all the stuff?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
does anyone else remember when at one of the Meet and Greet someone asked about being able to ride Frost Mites and Lions and Tigers and they said it should be do-able and they would look into it....
and nothing.
yet since then we have ethys of all those animals to ride.
someone needs to find out where we are in being able to ride the real animals once more!

gwen

Slightly Crazed
who is BG?
is it imbueable?
Boots God?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"BG's Fishing Pole so you never have to worry about fishing up an old boot ever again!"

WHOO HOO!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would Say BG is either Grimbeard's Backwards initials, or who the hell knows.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
who is BG?
is it imbueable?
i was wondering if thats a typo
GB Bigglesby is who I was thinking of, when I saw that
(he is located at the floating emporium)

Miretar

Journeyman
Well this last newsletter certainly did a wonderful job of dampening everyone’s enthusiasm for the new expansion.