• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Master Account: Switching Email Addresses

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I recently moved. My UO master account was tied to an email address that no longer exists. I can still log into my master account no problem. When I went to change my account email address to the new one, it said there was already an Origin account tied to the new email address. I know I have purchased codes using the new email address previously. The system must think it is a separate Origin account.

Is there anyway to get the system to take the new email address? Or do I need to contact support? If support is required, what is the right way to contact Mythic? I remember hearing that you don't want to use the EA support system.

Thanks for your help!

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I recently moved. My UO master account was tied to an email address that no longer exists. I can still log into my master account no problem. When I went to change my account email address to the new one, it said there was already an Origin account tied to the new email address. I know I have purchased codes using the new email address previously. The system must think it is a separate Origin account.

Is there anyway to get the system to take the new email address? Or do I need to contact support? If support is required, what is the right way to contact Mythic? I remember hearing that you don't want to use the EA support system.

Thanks for your help!
Have you tried tying the Mythic account to the EA master account under the new address? If you have two separate EA Origin master accounts and the new e-mail address your trying to update is used by another EA Origin account, you will have to merge them into one. However, it gets confusing when comparing Mythic and Origin accounts and I can't give you an accurate answer unless I look up the accounts in question. You may want to send an e-mail to [email protected] from the new e-mail address. Then, in that e-mail, explain the issue and give them the info and secret word that is associated with the account that has the old e-mail address.