• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO lost user settings.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

My dad's been playing UO (I haven't played it for years, so completely out of date), and his client has crashed and lost all of it's user settings (skill groups, desktop icons etc).
I've got a copy of his desktop from ages ago (a couple of years at a guess)

So two basic questions :)

1: Where does UO keep them now?
He's got the Classic Client (he plays ye olde 2d), and has Stygian Abyss on his account, but when I looked in the my documents folder there were two copies of the EA Games, Ultima Online folder (one was stygian abyss which i think was empty, and one was for another version, legacy I think).

I tried renaming the user data folder in the SA folder, then copying in the user data folder from the legacy one, but that didn't do anything useful.

2: Is there a backup anywhere?

As I say it's been years since I did anything with UO, and I remember the user data used to be kept in the actual installation folder (from memory), in a folder called desktop or something similar.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data

Your find all the user settings in there but looks like you checked that already. There will only be a backup if you made one....!!

I got in the habit of backing mine up every month or so. I do it for both classic and enhanced and save them into my Dropbox.

Hope you get sorted!