• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO:KR Guide Updated With Tip & Tricks

S

Syndicate

About a month ago, The Syndicate® released an overview of the UO:KR Client. It covers things like the Crafting System, the Mapping System, Setting up Macros and much more. The guide has received a great deal of positive feedback and hundreds of reads. Since then, we have worked to expand the guide to include tips and tricks. A revised version of the guide has been released here: http://www.llts.org/Pages/UOKR_Client.php Some of the interesting new information includes: Setting up a KR macro to recall you to the last place you had recalled to... setting up Lumberjacking and Mining macros to swing/chop up to 10 times before needing to press the key again using the KR clients repeat option; Copying a template from a character you have setup exactly like you prefer it, to another char and more. If you have any other tips and tricks that you would like to see included, please use the Contact link at the top of the guide and be sure to include your characters name and your shard so you can be given credit.

G

does everything you post have to be filled with obvious sales propaganda? When you write things like "The guide has received a great deal of positive feedback and hundreds of reads." you sound like a late night T.V. infomercial.
I understand you want to promote your guild/website/book or whatever but do you have to go about it with the tack of a dirty politician? You don't even sound like a "real" player. you sound more like the Publicist Bot 3000.

"here is a like of quotes that makes you sound like a salesman."
"The guide has received a great deal of positive feedback and hundreds of reads."
"Some of the interesting new information includes:"
"be sure to include your characters name and your shard so you can be given credit."

the last one might seem a little like gratitude but it is a simple rebate type sales approach.
Of course this is all my own personal opinion and I am only one person. I just wonder why you sound more like a syndicate than a guild, or more like a salesman than a stratics poster.

S

Syndicate

Sorry you feel that the news release was meant in a self-centered vein. It was not. By making a comment about the success of the KR overview thus far, that helps to demonstrate the overview has been felt to be a worthwhile and a useful read to a number of people who have used it. Since there are far more players who haven't read it, but who might get value out of UO:KR if some of the learning curve was helped to be overcome, a statement like that may get a few additional people to check out the guide who might not normally do so and, in the end, have a more positive UO experience. The goal of the KR overview is to make for a stronger UO experience for all players. It was originally created for our internal use and was used to help our members learn more about KR. However, one of our online communities core beliefs is that a stronger global gaming community benefits all players. Our KR overview is one of the things we have done to try to promote that within UO. Our public Lottery event tonight at 5:30pm EST on Atlantic shard is another. Our weekly Craftsman Day events are another. Our efforts to help new players settle into the game on a regular basis is another.

So to make sure there are no misunderstandings: Please do not click on that link if you will be upset or offended by seeing The Syndicate logo and the shell framework of our recently redesigned website. Please do not click on that link if you feel that a guild offering an internal guide to the community in the hopes of benefiting the KR client is a bad thing. And please do not bump this post higher with replies and draw even more attention to the guide, if you feel it is self serving and doesn't add value to the community. No good deed goes unpunished... but we do think the KR overview is of benefit to a wide range of UO players. If you are struggling with the learning curve of KR and of the 'muscle memory' of using the 2D client for so many years and if you are interested in one perspective on the different options available, you may find this overview useful. If you are not interested in KR, this overview is not of value to you.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what this other guys yammering about, I went to the site and saw all free stuff. Your logo's ok, nothing to write home about, (no offense)

I guess this guy went off the end cause ya did a book sale...and yer guys drop books everywhere.....a waste of time duder, most players sell em or toss em, littering my man.

I'm sure the time and effort you put into your site will be appreciated though. I for one use KR and not the 2Dweeb, (as I call it)

2D won't get off the shelf in games stores folks.

G

My actual question was: Why do you sound more like a salesman than a regular person? are you a publicist?

S

Syndicate

hehe no. Just trying to share the information about the guide in the hopes it perhaps makes UO a little better for a few more players and perhaps the community grows a bit stronger and we all benefit from that.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

2D won't get off the shelf in games stores folks.

[/ QUOTE ]Arrrr, there be nuttin' on the shelf to be gotten off!!

M

Maximinus Thrax

Or quite possibly they created a great resource, and instead of people being ungrateful pricks about it, some of us decided to send positive feedback to encourage more be done with it so that it is built upon, updated, and expanded so that those of us who hate KR will grow to love it.

G

I'm considering giving KR a try, and this guide looks very helpful. Thanks! *smiles*

A

AdamD

<blockquote><hr>

Or quite possibly they created a great resource, and instead of people being ungrateful pricks about it, some of us decided to send positive feedback to encourage more be done with it so that it is built upon, updated, and expanded so that those of us who hate KR will grow to love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone said it :p

Thanks for the great guide.