• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO IT question, what is a script error?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this popped up today when i loaded UO.
anyone know what it is and how i go about killing it?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just checked.
i get it when i load EC as well.

and now i just checked on my 2nd computer and its got the exact same thing.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you check the perform full file check

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Posting just to follow along.... so do not bother reading this post in hopes of finding a solution :D

Today was the first day I have ever seen it on UO as well.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope there not trying to add Barney

I would much rather have cinnamon rolls

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It usually happens when their main site is down uo.com and it is in fact down or offline or at least I can't get it to load. The patch notes are apparently linked to their main website.
Is that because of the in game store ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm getting same thing

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It usually happens when their main site is down uo.com and it is in fact down or offline or at least I can't get it to load. The patch notes are apparently linked to their main website.
I didn't know that. I have seen it before, and eventually went away. Maybe they are updating the patch notes with all kind of new information! I'm not holding my breath though. LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saw it pop up as well... I recall it happening once or twice before... clicked yes and moved on.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's coming up on EC Pinco's opening page as well, would that still be UO? That is normally a message (old) from Pinco's.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's coming up on EC Pinco's opening page as well, would that still be UO? That is normally a message (old) from Pinco's.
I'm not getting in on Pinco's patcher, only when I try running the normal UO patcher.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Right now, UO.com is not working for me at all. Perhaps this issue has something to do with that?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes people, it's because uo.com is down. The patch notes feed directly from that, and since THAT is down, the script that pulls the information from uo.com to the patcher is not working...do not panic...there is no spoon....humpty dumpty is fine, they put him back together regardless of anything you might have heard to the contrary....the sky is NOT falling and there is no monolith in the sky waiting to eat us all...though I have heard rumors that big brother IS watching ;)

You may now proceed to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Having feasted on the innards of many cinnamon rolls, the mistress Lady Phoenix saw fit to.. to eat the uo.com server hampsters for desert.