• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO is soon to be 21?

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Externally, there were only three anniversaries celebrated by UO: 7, 8, and 9. Each of them had a boxed release. I think 7 was a re-release of the 3d game Ultima Ascension along with a disc for UO. 8 I forget. 9 advertised Warhammer Online and had install disc for DAoC.

I mean, how would anyone fee if their SO only celebrated 3 years of anniversaries in a row with only a whisper in the ear and a secret little gift left on the pillow when you woke up for the majorithy of the time? Then suddenly you have to be cautious about giving the kid keys to the car because they reached a milestone in age?

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need a 21st anniversary boxed set. Patched upto patch 100 on one DVD-ROM or whatever and maybe a paper manual retrospective featuring summaries of the past expansions of UO. Maybe even player commentaries saying "I was five when I played UO beta" or something. Or a DVD honoring the contributions of players and staff who inflluenced the game in the beginning. I see no way it'd go wrong if EA / Broadsword were to cross promote this game with DAoC.

Maybe even a promotion with Portalarium which helps market Shroud of the Avatar?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
UO can drink now! WOOT!

Funny cus of the little teaser Bonnie put in the newsletter...

, I'd like to share a tidbit about the 21st Anniversary gifts. To celebrate this milestone we have broken open the wine cellar and hope you help us toast to celebrate the 21st anniversary of Ultima Online!

Be on the lookout for alcohol to celebrate YAY!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me guess...….Wine racks are the anniversary present.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:scholar: I quit drinking 3 months ago (and smoking 9 months ago)

I hope we are finally getting cellars / basements

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately, in order for UO to have anything like that would take a Crowd Funded event to pay for it. I did get a chuckle out of the secret gift on a pillow lol.