• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO INSIDER PODCAST #8 This Week We Eat Clowns

• Thread starter StaticOnAtlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

StaticOnAtlantic

UO INSIDER PODCAST #8 IS OUT! Short week this week (July 4th DOODS!) SEE YEA NEXT WEEK

Keep it locked into UO Insider for ALL your breaking news!

Next Weeks Interview (Post questions Below)
JC THE BUILDER OWNER OF UOGUIDE.COM

UO INSIDER |UO'S #2 Podcast

UO INSIDER FACEBOOK LIKE OR DIE!
UO Insider | Facebook

S

StaticOnAtlantic

so next week i will introduce chapters into the podcast to make it a little easier on listening.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First thing that popped into my head.

I'll have to download and give it a listen later on tonight.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

First thing that popped into my head.

I'll have to download and give it a listen later on tonight.

short this week due to the 4th but I found it important to get something out, consistency matters right? ;0

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you really going to be bleeping out words? I know stratics tries to maintain a family friendly image, and UO is rated Teen, but couldn't you just put up a "for mature audiences" warning at the beginning or something? It's not really a huge deal I guess but come on it's the internet, one of the last true vestiges of public free speech.

That's my rant. Speaking of rants, I like that you're going to do them on the show, I always like listening to them for some reason. Here's an idea for one: Enhanced Client crashes. I can't tell you how many times I've sat here cursing at the monitor when I'm in the middle of a life or death situation and the client suddenly crashes to the desktop.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

That's my rant. Speaking of rants, I like that you're going to do them on the show, I always like listening to them for some reason. Here's an idea for one: Enhanced Client crashes. I can't tell you how many times I've sat here cursing at the monitor when I'm in the middle of a life or death situation and the client suddenly crashes to the desktop.
Agreed I dont play EC any longer, Not only does it run slow and sluggish on my pc (who can run crysis, @ extreme graphics *new patch*) but yet crashes and goes bonkers on ec?, makes no sense @ all.

Are you really going to be bleeping out words? I know stratics tries to maintain a family friendly image, and UO is rated Teen, but couldn't you just put up a "for mature audiences" warning at the beginning or something? It's not really a huge deal I guess but come on it's the internet, one of the last true vestiges of public free speech.
While agree with you that the word choices on something via a podcast should be a little more adult-ish, I will try to respect the boards rules the best I can due to the board being a non offical voice of UO itself. I understand that this is Uo.stratics board and they, well have a free choice on who post here and who dosen't, but reguardless there board, there rules right :).

Ill try not to air my laundry, but only personal conflict i have currently is advertisers, and details with that will have to be worked on a case by case basis with staff on both forums.

on a side not, the bleeping the words I think though adds a little of a comedic effect though. :)

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
on a side not, the bleeping the words I think though adds a little of a comedic effect though. :)
I was going to ask if you were bleeping it to be funny or ironic but I figured it had something to do with making the threads on stratics and uoforums. Well, it gives me an extra activity to do while listening to them, counting how many bleeps you do each time.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

I was going to ask if you were bleeping it to be funny or ironic but I figured it had something to do with making the threads on stratics and uoforums. Well, it gives me an extra activity to do while listening to them, counting how many bleeps you do each time.

You know what is kinda funny, is cuss words on a sound scale, are really easy to find looking at noise bars, if that makes sense, they are like on their own on the voice scale, strange.

Just think of every little bleep as a personal thank you, and hello :)