• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO in Action] EM "Ghost" Meeting

Sosaria Reels

UO Video Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Sosaria Reels attended the recent Great Lakes Felucca event meeting with the EMs ... aka... come as a ghost!

The videos are in fast mode to make them a more manageable length :)

Part 1 [YOUTUBE]LG8tR7KhOxs[/YOUTUBE] Part 2 [YOUTUBE]Ogu0enok3DU[/YOUTUBE]​

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this the event where the most famous theif in UO, Rolo, stole an hourglass thing from Messana....then she picked it out of his pack?

Messana, if you don't want these horrible things to happen to you... don't step foot in fel.

Messana is a noob.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this the event where the most famous theif in UO, Rolo, stole an hourglass thing from Messana....then she picked it out of his pack?

Messana, if you don't want these horrible things to happen to you... don't step foot in fel.

Messana is a noob.
Don't worry they're making everything better by promoting making your own alcohol via the virtual world to minors. Everything will be ok! :twak:

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its pretty sad when you get a whole herd of Trammies in Fel and you fleece one of em(one of the organizers of the event) the EM says no fair, tries to offer a lame mug for it which I didnt take or want and just takes the item back then disappears. I stole it fair and square(even insured it) and The EM oversteps thier powers. How can that even be called a thief event? If that player didnt want it they should have insured it. Yet another reason to despise Trammies.

S

Shinobi

dukarlo, get in contact with Mesanna about this. If i'm correct, it was NOT Mesanna you stole from, but EM Malachi (i think that's his name).

Omnius had the same thing happen to him with EM Helios. He contacted Mesanna, and she arrived at the scene, fussed at Helios, and returned the item that Helios took from Omnius' bank box.

However, a Soul Snare sounds like an EM-specific item, and like someone said in another thread: "It may not be meant for regular players." Maybe she can create an item titled "I stole EM Malachi's Soul Snare and all i got was these lousy pants."

Contact her at her e-mail, [email protected]. Explain the situation to her. I'm not sure if it's too late at this point, but it's worth a shot. I mean come on, like you said...it was a THIEF event.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dukarlo, get in contact with Mesanna about this. If i'm correct, it was NOT Mesanna you stole from, but EM Malachi (i think that's his name).

Omnius had the same thing happen to him with EM Helios. He contacted Mesanna, and she arrived at the scene, fussed at Helios, and returned the item that Helios took from Omnius' bank box.

However, a Soul Snare sounds like an EM-specific item, and like someone said in another thread: "It may not be meant for regular players." Maybe she can create an item titled "I stole EM Malachi's Soul Snare and all i got was these lousy pants."

Contact her at her e-mail, [email protected]. Explain the situation to her. I'm not sure if it's too late at this point, but it's worth a shot. I mean come on, like you said...it was a THIEF event.
It was Mesanna that took the item from him.

Here is EM Elizabella's post:

http://vboards.stratics.com/1946641-post3.html

And here is the text of that post:

The object of the event was to steal grapes or to PvP with people who had stolen grapes. Mesanna took the item from you because it's not an item players are supposed to have. The item was of no use to you; you weren't able to move it around in your pack or remove it from your pack. Did you really want it stuck in your backpack for all eternity? Mesanna very kindly offered you a Festival of the Grapes stein, which you declined.
It's a game mechanics issue; if the item couldn't be moved I'd lay excellent odds it wasn't supposed to have been steal-able either. When you get an item in this game that you aren't supposed to have, sometimes you get to keep it, and sometimes you don't, and by definition it's the manufacturer's decision. And the manufacturer decided.

No action was taken against him (surely he'd have told us by now if something was done) other than taking back an item he couldn't move.

-Galen's player

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its pretty sad when you get a whole herd of Trammies in Fel and you fleece one of em(one of the organizers of the event) the EM says no fair, tries to offer a lame mug for it which I didnt take or want and just takes the item back then disappears. I stole it fair and square(even insured it) and The EM oversteps thier powers. How can that even be called a thief event? If that player didnt want it they should have insured it. Yet another reason to despise Trammies.
What I find funny about all of this is the people who said they were done wrong to have been lying since the get go. The item wasn't *snatched* out of anyones pack...the player holding onto it COULD NOT MOVE THE ITEM and asked to have the EM remove it. I was there, saw the conversation, and then watched the complaining afterword once Mesanna did him a favor and removed it for him. Lame.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I find funny about all of this is the people who said they were done wrong to have been lying since the get go. The item wasn't *snatched* out of anyones pack...the player holding onto it COULD NOT MOVE THE ITEM and asked to have the EM remove it. I was there, saw the conversation, and then watched the complaining afterword once Mesanna did him a favor and removed it for him. Lame.
Oh please, whos lieing now? I have not said a single thing anywhere that isnt true. I never once asked The EM to remove the item. The EM took it upon herself to remove the stealable "uninsured" item(which was insured by me right after i stole it) from my pack. I never once claimed the item WASNT movable nor did I ever claim the item WAS movable. I never disrupted the event or did anything wrong. I simply stole an uninsured item and at the end of the event I asked what the item was. She promptly took it from me and was all defensive when i told her i wanted it back because her buddy got robbed by a thief at a Fel thief event.

Ive never criticised EM events even though they are usually predictable and catered towards Trammies. The fact that they are geared towards Trammies is fine, alot of those players like these events. I understand this. Not my cup of tea but this is one of the few events I have ever attended simply because it was a thief event that was held in Fel. My biggest gripe isnt even that the item was taken from me. Its how it was taken from me. As a thief, its not so much the item but the whole sequence of events that leads up to a theft. The event was otherwise like a typical Trammel event. Predictable and controlled. I add a bit of old UO "worldness"(i cant think of a better word) to the event and The EM cant even indulge and play along with it. Instead shes short with me and is all defensive. Its not everyday an EM is robbed and even though I did the right thing she missed a good oppurtunity to have fun with the whole situation. i was offered a mug but Rolo does not want rewards from the powers that be. He simply wanted some notoriety from the strong arm of law. Even in this era of butchering the thief class more and more, I have continued to play a thief and play it well. This whole event remjinds me yet again just how much EA or whatever companies does this game now hates the thief.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not said a single thing anywhere that isnt true.

The EM took it upon herself to remove the stealable "uninsured" item(which was insured by me right after i stole it) from my pack.
Mesanna took the item.

http://vboards.stratics.com/1946641-post3.html

Again, the fact that representatives of the manufacturer took the item from you by definition means that it was against the rules of the game to have it.

-Galen's player

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dukarlo, I find the best way to succeed in situations such as yours is deference, respect, politeness and making a reasonable request. If you're in the right, they'll recognize it and treat you as such.

The problem is, EMs tend to overreact or freak out a bit. Most ARE trammel players with the same trammel attitude as most trammel players. You must realize that they consider theft to be a personal attack on their real life person.

The best thing to do is be as reasonable as possible. The more irate they act, the better you look. However, when mesanna comes, she's the hammer. Her decision is final and if she has made a decision, you're better off taking some reward over none. Keep in mind, she's played as long as the best of us, she appreciates theft as we all do.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't worry they're making everything better by promoting making your own alcohol via the virtual world to minors. Everything will be ok! :twak:
Actually, they should let us grow marijuana. Perhaps it could have healing properties. On the plus side, there are no specific age prohibitions on marijuana like there is with alcohol.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a thief, its not so much the item but the whole sequence of events that leads up to a theft. The event was otherwise like a typical Trammel event. Predictable and controlled. I add a bit of old UO "worldness"(i cant think of a better word) to the event and The EM cant even indulge and play along with it. Instead shes short with me and is all defensive. Its not everyday an EM is robbed and even though I did the right thing she missed a good oppurtunity to have fun with the whole situation. i was offered a mug but Rolo does not want rewards from the powers that be. He simply wanted some notoriety from the strong arm of law. Even in this era of butchering the thief class more and more, I have continued to play a thief and play it well. This whole event remjinds me yet again just how much EA or whatever companies does this game now hates the thief.
Well done Rolo! Even though the item was taken from you in the end, you gained the notoriety of stealing from the EM's! Perhaps they should place your name on a statue of the item you stole and place it in the Fel Brit Bank, with the other trophies there!

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, they should let us grow marijuana. Perhaps it could have healing properties. On the plus side, there are no specific age prohibitions on marijuana like there is with alcohol.
Ya, perhaps a 5 minute buff to int?
Followed by a -60 to int permanently. 195 stat cap baby! :dunce: