• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] The War of Shadows has begun!

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Publish 56 allows cities in Trammel to be attacked by monster invasions when sigils are captured in Felucca. This weekend several cities will be attacked regardless, as the Shadowlords assert their new powers through their alliance with the crimson dragons.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Affected cities include:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]* Britain
* Skara Brae
* Magincia
* Minoc
* Moonglow
* Trinsic
* Vesper
* Yew
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Beware NPCs in invaded towns! Hatreds will attack, Falsehoods will steal, and Cowardices will... run away.

Please be aware that if you log into a city under invasion, you will be teleported to safety in Jhelom.
[/FONT]

More...

D

DHMagicMan_1

Are all the towns going to be invaded all weekend long or are they going to be coming and going with a max of 3 towns invading at any given time?

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are all the towns going to be invaded all weekend long or are they going to be coming and going with a max of 3 towns invading at any given time?
This initial push activated every town. From here on out it'll be a max of three at a time.

D

Doireann

Can you fix it so if another faction owns it, I can't recall in? Shadowlord currently has most of the sigils on Atlantic except Moonglow, Magincia, and Vesper. Minoc is currently neutral. I can recall into those towns. I can't recall into the others, they redirect me.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the Shadowlords have most of the town sigils, then aren't those towns under invasion?

No one can recall or log-in to a town that is under invasion. That's the part about being teleported to Jhelom. Pretty sure this was intended as part of the design.

Doesn't take very long at all to use the closest moongate and run or ride to town. I rather enjoy doing that anyway...reminds me of my first days of exploring. You never know what you might come across....maybe even meet a new friend, or gain the respect of an enemy you had yet to face in battle. :)

D

Doireann

Oh, yes. The ones the shadowlords ran were working correctly. But the one COM owned and the neutral, I recalled in on my Crafter. :(

T

Traveller

Guys, please remmeber that the invasion is in TRAMMEL. Any city on fel is and should be recallable. Actually one of the fixes of pub56.1 was to make those cities recallable again. Besides neutral and order (thus COM) cities in trammel have NO invasion, thus they should be recallable too, past this weekend.

C

Connor_Graham

This initial push activated every town. From here on out it'll be a max of three at a time.
Did you forget to turn on Pacific? Not a single thing going on in any of the towns. Brit and Moonglow both have no recall, but there's nothing there.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are ya sure it wasn't pushed back last nite, Connor? I haven't checked all towns yet this morning, but a few hearty souls on Legends cleared a few of them by 10pm or so last nite :)

C

Connor_Graham

I have no idea, but Draconi said it would be forced over the weekend, with faction control of it taking place after this weekend is over. I would think that it would start up again somewhere else at least after server up if this is the case.