• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Reminder: Housing Decay Reactivated on 01/16 (stolen from Uhall)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We will turn on housing decay on Monday, January 16. Please take the necessary steps to secure your house before its turned back on.

If want to log in but you haven't had the chance to link your account in the Account Center yet, please check the I've logged into the Account Management Page, now what do I do? | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online
and How do I link my accounts? | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online. You can always contact '[email protected]' if you encounter a problem.

See you in-game!

(Kelmo) I saved the links as best I could.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might as well put the following dates out for public information, as I'm about 99.9% certain I won't be reactivating my UO accounts. I think UO is basically dead and EA's just going to keep pulling all the diehard players' strings so they keep their subscriptions going until the 15th anniversary comes and goes and then it'll all be over with. Since I only have about half the history with UO that the rest of you do and playing had really become little more than a pointless grind for me, I just can't see the point in giving EA any more money just to see them keep stringing everyone along with a whole lot of empty promises and inuendo.

So, without further ado, here's some information that might help you all plan some IDOC activity. The last day I played, I thought I might be back after Christmas so I didn't stash anything except Margrette's soul stones and talismans (I think). So everything's pretty much right where it was when I was still playing on a regular basis.

Regina's cottage somewhere in Malas - The account was suspended on 11/20/2011. Items that might be of interest include one purchased house teleporter pad (the kind you have to recharge with gate scrolls); a city crystal ball (I think); one soul forge; some essence and residue (no relic fragments); odd jewelry, armor and weapons that might be worth enhancing or should be unraveled but probably will not give fragments; a whole lot of seeds in all colors and varieties; some live peculiar poppy plants that still have unharvested dust and some used up poppy dust that might be useful for decorating; some plant chemicals; some deco plants.

Carolyn's house in Ter Mur - This account was suspended on 12/4/2011. Items that might be of interest include one purchased house teleporter pad; one commodity deed box; city and dungeon crystal balls (have forgotten their official names); one soul forge; some essence and residue (probably no relic fragments); some imbuing ingredients collected in overland Ter Mur; some odds and ends of jewelry, weapons, and armor that might be imbuable or just unravel but probably won't give relic fragments; some quest items to turn into Axem; some chicken lizard coops housing regular and battle chicken lizards but I don't think anyone else can get the lizards out (if you pick them up and want to try coaxing them out, go for it by all means); a candelabra of souls; an empty basket of herbs; odds and ends of furniture. (Obsidian and/or Anna, don't forget to grab your stuff and take anything you can access that Poo doesn't get to first.)

Luisa's house in Malas - This account was suspended on 12/6/2011. Possibly useful items include a commodity deed box; city and dungeon crystal balls; 4 or 5 purchased teleporter pads; some tailoring and smithing BODs (nothing that great and they take only take up about 300 item storage); asome imbuing ingredients (no relic fragments); a relatively small amount of ingots and wood; odds and ends of jewelry, weapons and armor; lots of decorative plants; some plant chemicals; a soul forge; furniture odds and ends, including one grandfather clock.

Margrette's house outside Zento - This account was suspended on 12/7/2011. The beehive should go back to Shalimar, please!! She gave it to me because I was whining one day about not expecting to ever get one form turning in stuff for "spring cleaning." I think I stashed Margrette's soulstones and talismans the lastday I played, but oh well if I didn't. Possibly useful items: commodity deed box; city and dungeon crystal balls; one purchased teleporter pad; all of the backstock from my crummy vendors; some imbuing ingredients (maybe 2 or 3 relic fragments??); a small amount of ingots and wood, cloth and leather; some vet reward dye tubs, a white cloth dye tub, and a white leather dye tub; some books collected from the Percolem and Axem quests; furniture odds and ends including one grandfather clock and some Tokuno stealable items and two of Doive's mounted fish and a fishing net. I think there's a music box at this house too but I can't remember for sure. And there's a mailbox out front.

Madeline's house in Malas - This account was also suspended on 12/7/2011. There's one purchased teleporter pad; a purchased hitching post; a vet reward tree stump; a commodity deed box; city and dungeon crystal balls; miscellaneous junk including maybe a pair or two of the big majik flippers and one or two pairs of those worthless bright yellow gauntlets; maybe an odd low-end power scroll or two; a small supply of ingots and lumber, cloth and leather; some casks of liquor Margrette made; a still; a soul forge; a raised garden bed; some seeds for plants that give orange petals, red leaves, and green thorns; furniture odds and ends.

I never acquired much on Siege and the only stuff I ever had of any value were the vet reward items I claimed. You aren't going to find stashes of arties and top-of-the-line imbuing ingredients. I never got brave enough to visit Siege's Abyss on a regular basis so most everything was gathered above-ground. All I cared about was running a shop selling basic crafted items, so that's pretty much all really managed to acquire between March and December of 2011. I wasn't a PvPer and never claimed to be, so if you think what you find at the IDOCs is junk, well that's why. It's all just junk painstakingly gathered by someone who really never became very good at playing UO.

Have fun, folks. Maybe whoever gets the useful items will be kind enough to pass it along to Shalimar to give to newcomers just starting out, instead of trying to sell it to make a huge profit.

And if you play on Origin, the account with my keep in Fel was suspended on 11/21/2011. And the account with my house on Balhae was suspended on 11/14/2011. And the account with my house on Atlantic was suspended on 11/21/2011. Again, not much of any value in any of those houses except maybe some run-of-the-mill vet reward items and a small supply of imbuing and crafting ingredients and maybe a small amount of BODs. Basically it all amounts to what most veteran players would consider a pretty pathetic showing for seven years of playing a lot more than I should have and paying EA a lot more money than I should have. Pretty sad what an addiction like UO leads you to--lots of wasted time and money.

Oh well.

Take care, folks.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, I've missed a trick. Before my accounts closed I should have put an 18x18 somewhere and filled it with junk loot from the Trog Cave (with the house being public).

Or I could have filled it with purple shoes!

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys and gals! I'm still alive, and still paying to keep my houses up because a I still dream about having the time to play Siege...

I just wanted to check in - does housing decay only apply to inactive accounts, or is it old school, pre-Trammel day decay where you have to open your front door style decay?

Thank you!
-- Aislin

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn, I've missed a trick. Before my accounts closed I should have put an 18x18 somewhere and filled it with junk loot from the Trog Cave (with the house being public).

Or I could have filled it with purple shoes!
My purple shoe collection has made it through 2 house cleanings so far. From the days when everyone got mailboxes and they started appearing there on a regular basis lol

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i did a quick run around last night and was glad to see not many houses in idoc status.

@Tina...I never got good at this game either but still hang on....You will be missed.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I quit counting at 70... just sayin.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally got though all the EA BS my account up. i did it yesterday. WHY IS MY HOUSE CONDEMNED? i opened the door clicked the sign what gives? It was not in decay yesterday when I paid.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Open the house sign as well. wait 24 hours for all the servers to "Sync" up. There are several servers involved. If after 24 hours it is not resolved page a GM and post again. I will be watching it with you. *nods*

C

Carharrt

Maybe I`ll finally have my first castle! :danceb:

Always a silver lining.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be sure you get a good group of people together to raid all the IDOCs you can.

That was the biggest mistake I made when the "Great Fall" took place years ago. There will be roving groups of marauders looking to kill solo players to eliminate you from taking the loot.

Make sure you have a location with lots of lock downs so you can grab the loot and drop it so you can get to the next IDOC. You do not want to waste time sorting things until you are happy with the amount of loot you grab. You could miss out on an even better IDOC if you take time to see what you have. Do that after all of the IDOCs have disappeared...la

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That many people still play?
You are obviously not a Siege player or you would know the answer to that. If you are here merely to troll these forums you stay will be short.