• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 70.4 comes to Origin (copied for Siege)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/243506-[uo-herald]-publish-70-4-comes-origin.html

Today Publish 70.4 comes to the Origin shard along with the Enhance Client Patch 4.0.14.4 and the Classic Client Patch 7.0.14.3. The shard will be unavailable until approximately 7pm EDT.

In the meantime we wanted to share the notes for your reading pleasure, thanks!

Publish 70.0.4

Rustic Theme Pack

Board and Batten wall tiles
Raised Garden Bed
Distillery
Topiaries
Rustic Bench
Commodity and Pet Broker Encampments
Gothic Theme Pack

Gothic wall tiles
Advanced Training Dummy
Chest of Sending
Ritual Table
Gargoyle Statues
Commodity and Pet Broker Encampments
Note: Codes can be purchased at http://www.uogamecodes.com but will not be valid for any shard except for Origin until June 7th.

Bug Fixes

Players are no longer able to steal from EM's in Felucca
Felucca players now have access to the stairs of the building in the hedge maze
Corroded boxes will now properly highlight and show tooltips when locked down in your house and you customize it
Ingots will no longer disappear when the player’s backpack is overweight when smelting
Hell hounds can no longer be turned into Ancient Hellhounds
Increased the chance to receive copper wire from thieving and a random chance to get it from Pirate Ships
Pets owned by Faction members will now obey verbal commands given by the pet’s name

Enhanced Client 4.0.14.4

The Use English Item Names option will now only apply to item properties names
One line generic gump text boxes will no longer wrap to the next line
Updated art for the Arcane Circle and the Freshly Picked Rose
Cliloc updates
Classic Client 7.0.14.3

Cliloc Updates
Updated art for the Arcane Circle and the Freshly Picked Rose

Publish 70.4 comes to Origin | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online...

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so wait am i reading this right? you have to buy the gothic theme pack to get the bank chest or does the booster come with both theme packs?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
each theme pack is to be sold separate

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats lame. darned EA trying to make even more of a buck!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Forgive the vanity, but can we call it the SMuRF NERF?
Can you believe the timing they actually made a Smurf Movie coming out in 3d.................................................................
Seriously
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

R

RedDaTeef

Players are no longer able to steal from EM's in Felucca
*I had to chime in a little LOL on that one*

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully they won't forget to add some stuff for thieves at any further EM events we get. It was great that the EM included some stuff in our last event.

I wouldn't want that to be a one off.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thieves can still steal from all the players attending, just not the EM.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thieves can still steal from all the players attending, just not the EM.
I know that, but that wasn't my point.

EM Drosselmeyer left items in his backpack for thieves to steal. Just a shame to see that be a one off.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell hounds can no longer be turned into Ancient Hellhounds

Hell ... thats what I want! :)
Anyone selling a Ancient Hellhound? :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Understood, and I agree it's a shame. I think it's a case of the few spoiling things for the many. Happens in RL too. We used to have seats in the village that old folk would rest on when the walk around the shops was too much without a break. Vandals broke them so now there are no seats.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Understood, and I agree it's a shame. I think it's a case of the few spoiling things for the many. Happens in RL too. We used to have seats in the village that old folk would rest on when the walk around the shops was too much without a break. Vandals broke them so now there are no seats.
I find that opinion to be funny. There was one case where an EM was truly upset at a thief and that occurred on GL. The Thief, in that case, stole an item that was blatantly not supposed to be obtained by players. The thief reacted poorly to being offered a substitute event item and a hubbub was raised.

In my particular case of robbing an EM, I stole something the EM was going to give out. I escaped with it. The EM didn't want to offer a substitute stealing related item and so I chose to sell off the item. In that particular case, the EM didn't really care until people hounded and harassed him calling me a griefer. You must understand, the EM didn't lose anything of value to him, nor did the winner of the award. The EM simply made a new statue for the winner of that prize and handed it to the winner.

It can hardly be called griefing when nobody lost anything. In the end, the decision of the EM to make himself thief proof resulted in players being robbed. Chad has been right on many things, tell a thief not to do something and the thief will find a way to do it. It should be noted that grief play is almost exclusively motivated by the intent to cause the player grief. If grief is a mere by product of the action and totally unintended or totally irrelevant to the person's intent, then it's not griefing...

As for the RL example. Destroying someone other peoples' property is not okay.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
red had stolen some EM items back in the day
Players have robbed EMs and Seers for a long time. The issue arose because some EMs refused to insure items as many do, and others simply forgot to turn off their ability to be stolen from.

As a result, it looks like we're all being punished with another nerf for thieves because EMs don't want to take common sense precautions.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I find that opinion to be funny. There was one case where an EM was truly upset at a thief and that occurred on GL. The Thief, in that case, stole an item that was blatantly not supposed to be obtained by players. The thief reacted poorly to being offered a substitute event item and a hubbub was raised.

In my particular case of robbing an EM, I stole something the EM was going to give out. I escaped with it. The EM didn't want to offer a substitute stealing related item and so I chose to sell off the item. In that particular case, the EM didn't really care until people hounded and harassed him calling me a griefer. You must understand, the EM didn't lose anything of value to him, nor did the winner of the award. The EM simply made a new statue for the winner of that prize and handed it to the winner.

It can hardly be called griefing when nobody lost anything. In the end, the decision of the EM to make himself thief proof resulted in players being robbed. Chad has been right on many things, tell a thief not to do something and the thief will find a way to do it. It should be noted that grief play is almost exclusively motivated by the intent to cause the player grief. If grief is a mere by product of the action and totally unintended or totally irrelevant to the person's intent, then it's not griefing...

As for the RL example. Destroying someone other peoples' property is not okay.
YOUR the one deciding WHAT is and WHO is "grief"ed. Why don't you ask the victum what HIS opinion is. Why don't YOU take the time to figure out that blantantly stealing a item, then touting it in front of the victum, then OFFERING to sell it back for a price YOU see fit, and then writing a story about, and including screen shots of said person is a straight forward form of grief to the VICTUM.:confused:

You on the other hand just stole a item and do as you always do. You have absolutly not one ounce of caring. Hence you cannot understand the term "Grief" or "Griefer". You just hide behind game mechanics and cannot fathom the morality of it at all.:mad:

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
morality of stealing in UO? that's like contemplating the ethics of fragging a strogg in quake, it doesn't really matter, it's a game.

Nice thread necro btw.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YOUR the one deciding WHAT is and WHO is "grief"ed. Why don't you ask the victum what HIS opinion is. Why don't YOU take the time to figure out that blantantly stealing a item, then touting it in front of the victum, then OFFERING to sell it back for a price YOU see fit, and then writing a story about, and including screen shots of said person is a straight forward form of grief to the VICTUM.:confused:

You on the other hand just stole a item and do as you always do. You have absolutly not one ounce of caring. Hence you cannot understand the term "Grief" or "Griefer". You just hide behind game mechanics and cannot fathom the morality of it at all.:mad:
o_O

There is no griefing Guardian. Whilst I don't agree with everything Omnius does, he is not griefing by stealing an item and offering to sell it back. If he's not breaking any game mechanics (breaking into a private house), harassing someone relentlessly or using subterfuge (i.e. pretending to be someone else that the target trusts) then he's not griefing.

By your logic, taking an item and refusing to return it till a price has been paid is griefing. That means the faction buyback scheme is griefing...

I know, thats a bit far fetched.

Frankly, people just need to wise up when he is around. Take extra precautions and make it difficult for him. Whether that be on a Trammel Shard or here on Siege.

Stealing & selling the item back isn't griefing. Considering how long you have played, you should know better.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thieving and player killing is a part of Siege. I expect it. I plan for it. I have fun with it. About the only thing I would call griefing is repeatedly targeting one person and looting to the point that they can't recover. Like, if I (as a non-faction player) die to the same person enough times in one day that I go through all my reserve suits. (I have played factions and know thats a different mindset) Or taking so much from a crafter that it takes away days of work. I almost died yesterday to a shirekin because I was working on cannon supplies and didn't have bandies on me. I laughed. My bad. He could not have gotton on the boat to loot me unless he grabbed a boat and scuttled me. Then what? I'd lose some cannonballs? Its just pixels. The other day, I got a display case and put three engraved cakes in it from various events. I forgot to lock them down. One was from the wedding and one from Aeric's memorial. Had to remind myself then...its just pixels...

I do not like to give a game the power to upset me.