• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Producer's Letter

jskalski

Franchise Producer
VIP
Stratics Veteran

I find it very insulting that Jeff refers to us as “fans” of UO. We, the paying customers... and not fans, we are active participants in the online community. I find being called a fan insulting, just like I don’t see Twit’er as being an acceptable form of communication. I know this topic was posted before and turned rather heated... but I think there is some kind of issue connected to both.
EvilPixie you're completely right. I had no intention of insulting anyone by referencing them as fans. My apologies. You guys and girls are much more than that. You're the strong foundation that makes UO what it is today and I'll be more careful with how I use that word in future letters. Thanks for calling me out on that.

As for Twitter, it fast and easy. It gives everyone an opportunity to talk to me directly without the effort it takes to comb through threads across multiple sites. I block out a time every week for boards, but twitter is 24/7 as I know many people have already taken advantage of that. ;)