• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Cross Shard Treasure Hunt Contest

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EM's have started a friendly competition between the shards, this will be held on TC1. The shard Trophy will be placed on the winning shard, so let the bragging can begin!

When: This Saturday August 21st , 2010 @ 9:00 pm EDT (2 hours)
Who: Chesapeak vs Sonoma
Meeting place: Nujel'm Chessboard

The Challenge:
Two teams from each shard will be given 5 level 6 maps, the first team to complete all maps will be declared the winners. After 30 days, another shard will be able to challenge the winners for the Trophy. So pick your teams, practice, and let the games begin.

More...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need more info, what constitutes "completed" in this challenge?

A map will say "completed by ... " as soon as you have dug the chest up, you don't even need to empty the chest for that, or defeat the guardians for that matter :)

Any clarifications on the exact rule?

B

Beastmaster

A map will say "completed by ... " as soon as you have dug the chest up, you don't even need to empty the chest for that, or defeat the guardians for that matter :)

If you are wondering about fraud prevention measures...there aren't any.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wrote this in uoforums and I'll repeat my post:

I lag a lot in TC1 and I'm sure many other players do too. How fair it is to compete with players who doesnt have any lag issue on TC1? You might say it wont make much difference for PvM but I can say that it does from my experience there with Level 6 maps while documenting the changes for the treasure maps. Furthermore, let's say we have two shards that are on different time zones, say 7 hours apart. How do we expect to see the regular players of each shard on the contest?

Since it is a race against time, why not perform this event on each shard and compare the total time?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Guessing there will be an EM overseeing the contest. Otherwise there would be no way to know as there are no time-stamps on the maps.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This was my first thought on reading the news too. Not to mention, I bet all of us T-hunters have runes to the various Islands on our own shards, but we would have to find a rune Library on TC or go days early and mark all the locations needed.

Why do it on TC1? why not have Messeana go to the 2 shards and time them? Everyone would have thier full suits, runes, and pings.

Who makes the call if 9 people want to participate, or are the teams limited in size?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Captain Bloodrum's Abyss Qualifying Teams
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Nujelm, Trammel

By:Merik

The townships of Moria, Dragons Watch and The City of Kijustsu Anei Village sponsored teams in the Captain Bloodrum's Challenge on Saturday August 15th. Two of these teams will follow EM Dudley on Saturday, August 21st to Test Center 1. There they represent the Chesapeake shard in the, Captain Bloodrum's Abyss event. They will face off against teams from the Sonoma shard. The Sonoma teams are being brought over by the Vile, Evil, Deer hunting... Oh, I mean EM Tailspin. *Grins*

Team Name:Red Jaguars
Township Affiliation: Moria
Team Members: Mariah, Demon Slayer II, Tara Brin, Pain Prodigy, and Naomie De'Layne

Team Name:Blue Barracudas
Township Affiliation: Dragons Watch
Team Members:Juliana, NANOC, CharGar, Carl JR, and (Unknown)

Team Name:
Green Monkeys
Township Affiliation:The City of Kijustsu Anei Village
Team Members:Mononoke, Mr Clean, Tiger Lily, Xenoz, and MayHem

The two qualifying teams were the Red Jaguars from Moria! And the Green Monkeys from The City of Kijustsu Anei Village! Both towns come from the Ethereal Void Imperium and promise not to fail! If they do fail they shall feel the wrath of the Ethereal Guide. The Red Jaguars also have another thing to celebrate. This is their second win in the Captain Bloodrum's Challenge. They only need one more win to be crowned "The Captain Bloodrum's Challenge Champions"!!!

T

Trevelyan

So anyone can hop onto TC1 and "choose" a side (Chessie or Sonoma)?

Also completing a map, since there is no indication otherwise does this mean just digging it up (which completes the map)?

And what is this qualification thing about? I'm confused now :D

N

Nastia Cross

The EMs "watch" each team while they are completing their maps. By completing they mean the following: finding the chest, digging it up, defeating the guardians, unlocking the chest and looting out ALL items while killing anything that spawn. The EMs check each location to make sure the chest remains and is empty.

I've competed in two of these events on Chessy and they are super fun. I'm kinda mad that I missed this qualifier but alas True Blood was on.

As for anyone wondering about finding the locations without rune libraries, I'm sure that the EMs will be giving out the new random location maps so the lack of said libraries will not matter. I just hope that the EMs check all locations beforehand to make sure that they are not blocked in any way.

Good luck CHESSY!

C

Clair The Mystic

I just hope that the EMs check all locations beforehand to make sure that they are not blocked in any way.

Good luck CHESSY!
The EMs at the Chessy qualifier said that they checked the map locations. I didn't have any trouble finding the spots and they were not blocked.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was my first thought on reading the news too. Not to mention, I bet all of us T-hunters have runes to the various Islands on our own shards, but we would have to find a rune Library on TC or go days early and mark all the locations needed.

Why do it on TC1? why not have Messeana go to the 2 shards and time them? Everyone would have thier full suits, runes, and pings.

Who makes the call if 9 people want to participate, or are the teams limited in size?
its better seeing the team you're going against on the same shard as you, makes it more thrilling

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So anyone can hop onto TC1 and "choose" a side (Chessie or Sonoma)?

Also completing a map, since there is no indication otherwise does this mean just digging it up (which completes the map)?

And what is this qualification thing about? I'm confused now :D
you get the maps, decode them, dig up the chest, kill all the spawn, loot the chest completely empty then leave the chest there, recall back until the EM says clear, then u move onto next map

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Captain Bloodrum's Abyss Qualifying Teams
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Nujelm, Trammel

By:Merik

The townships of Moria, Dragons Watch and The City of Kijustsu Anei Village sponsored teams in the Captain Bloodrum's Challenge on Saturday August 15th. Two of these teams will follow EM Dudley on Saturday, August 21st to Test Center 1. There they represent the Chesapeake shard in the, Captain Bloodrum's Abyss event. They will face off against teams from the Sonoma shard. The Sonoma teams are being brought over by the Vile, Evil, Deer hunting... Oh, I mean EM Tailspin. *Grins*

Team Members: Mariah, Demon Slayer II, Tara Brin, Pain Prodigy, and Naomie De'Layne

Team Name:Blue Barracudas
Township Affiliation: Dragons Watch
Team Members:Juliana, NANOC, CharGar, Carl JR, and (Unknown)

Team Name:
Green Monkeys
Township Affiliation:The City of Kijustsu Anei Village
Team Members:Mononoke, Mr Clean, Tiger Lily, Xenoz, and MayHem

The two qualifying teams were the Red Jaguars from Moria! And the Green Monkeys from The City of Kijustsu Anei Village! Both towns come from the Ethereal Void Imperium and promise not to fail! If they do fail they shall feel the wrath of the Ethereal Guide. The Red Jaguars also have another thing to celebrate. This is their second win in the Captain Bloodrum's Challenge. They only need one more win to be crowned "The Captain Bloodrum's Challenge Champions"!!!
The fact that your team names are from Legends of the Hidden Temple satisfies the nerd inside me in so many ways.

B

Beastmaster

This "NEWS" is apparently worthless since the teams were predetermined.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wit 5 ppl at each team, I would suggest to take two provokers, 2 t-hunters and 1 other (maybe tamer, maybe sampire). Split the team up: a team of three for tram/fel maps and a team of 2 for the other maps. Or you could have 4 ppl doing initial spawn while the second t-hunter moves to the next map. Once the guardians are done move 2 ppl over to the second t-hunter.

N

Nastia Cross

Wit 5 ppl at each team, I would suggest to take two provokers, 2 t-hunters and 1 other (maybe tamer, maybe sampire). Split the team up: a team of three for tram/fel maps and a team of 2 for the other maps. Or you could have 4 ppl doing initial spawn while the second t-hunter moves to the next map. Once the guardians are done move 2 ppl over to the second t-hunter.
Only one t-hunter is allowed per team. And you cannot move on to the next map until the EM checks the chest to make sure it was actually completed.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for anyone wondering about finding the locations without rune libraries, I'm sure that the EMs will be giving out the new random location maps so the lack of said libraries will not matter. I just hope that the EMs check all locations beforehand to make sure that they are not blocked in any way.
Um, ya, I kind of figured it would be new map locations, but that does not mean they are not going to be on Islands in Tram/Fel, and having runes marked across Ter Mur and Malas, as well as some randomly across tram and Fel is FAR faster than running all the way from moongates and taking boats.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it would be great if you could dig for treasure in the enhanced client. The disappearing cursor is enough to make me slay someone.

T

Trevelyan

This "NEWS" is apparently worthless since the teams were predetermined.
No actually its not. Its inviting all shards to come and spectate and then get a team together to challenge the winners.
Well, fair enough, but it doesn't really seem to say anything about spectating?

So pick your teams, practice, and let the games begin.
This sounds like there is the option to least pick - if not form - a team. And if spectating, practice for what?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on team Red, and all I can say is which one of your teams is going to come in second? ;P

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I'm on team Red, and all I can say is which one of your teams is going to come in second? ;P
Most likely a Sonoma team. Some RL things came up and you can only sub two members. Any more then that and your team cannot compete. Still waiting on the final word from Imperium OOC Leadership.

T

Tazar

Are the systems already in place to duplicate your character(s) on test center so that we can use our normal stats/skills/equipment for this? I know I heard this was coming, but I am not sure if it is already in or not...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the systems already in place to duplicate your character(s) on test center so that we can use our normal stats/skills/equipment for this? I know I heard this was coming, but I am not sure if it is already in or not...
Nope

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most likely a Sonoma team. Some RL things came up and you can only sub two members. Any more then that and your team cannot compete. Still waiting on the final word from Imperium OOC Leadership.
Well you right about Sonoma in 2nd -- and also in first :O.

Congrats to Sonoma! Clearly, Ches has some work to do! But Red Jags stole the show when our mascot killed the Sonoma mascots ;d.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
I know - digging up a REALLY old thread. But does anyone know which shard was the eventual winner of this contest? I know LS was in the finals. Looking for a pair of gloves that the winning team received. :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For some reason I think Oceania ended up winning and they are still waiting for their prize. Same as I am still waiting for my prize for the 16th anniversary Cultural Center contest that was NEVER forthcoming. Beware entering any competition advertised by EA/Broadsword whomever. Certainly don't hold your breath for your prizes if you are not on Atlantic.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I know - digging up a REALLY old thread. But does anyone know which shard was the eventual winner of this contest? I know LS was in the finals. Looking for a pair of gloves that the winning team received. :)
Wow, sounds as if it was fun, maybe they can "REBOOT" the contest like they do TV Shows?

Chanel #1

Adventurer
I know gloves were handed out to the winning team for beating Lake Superior. They are called "Leather Treasure Hunters Gloves of Lake Superior Smashing". Were these handed out to the winning team of each match, or only the final match?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
"Leather Treasure Hunters Gloves of Lake Superior Smashing". Were these handed out to the winning team of each match, or only the final match?
:eyes:

Did not know they were having a contest that involved smashing.. I wouldda xfered to LS fer dat :devil: