• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) [UO Herald] Council of Mages Faction Commanders Meeting on TC1 - Saturday, 10/23/10

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Council of Mages Faction Commanders Meeting on TC1 - Saturday, 10/23/10
Calvin Crowner
20 Oct 2010 18:06:18 EST

At this stage in the current Live arc, it’s important we share some information about the future location of the Council of Mages.

Mesanna and Uriah will be on TC1 this weekend, Saturday October 23rd, at 1400 hours EST (that’s 2 in the afternoon on the East Coast).We will cover the relocation of the CoM factions base and the impact it will have on the current story arc. Also, we will field questions specifically on the live arc.

If you are unable to attend, please have a representative available in your place. We recommend attendance, thank you!

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [UO Herald] Council of Mages Faction Commanders Meeting on TC1 - Saturday, 10/23/

I don't know anybody who plans on attending but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will either move it to moonglow and replace the lycem(sp)? the one nw of the city anyway or move it to vesper... I always thought vesper would be a fun place for faction fights.

The new location doesn't matter to me that much as long as it is with in a reasonable running distance for sigs and that they make the previous island of magnica into the replacement for buc's den. I would deffantly crack a cold beer in cheers to the dev's if they relocated the centralized location of pvp fighting away from yew gate.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [UO Herald] Council of Mages Faction Commanders Meeting on TC1 - Saturday, 10/23/

Good job Otis ! Nice Reporting on the Important News! :thumbup1:

( Are you Napa's own Clark Kent in disguise :lol: )

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

nope! just had to report on that one thing before all of com start freakin out lol
i did see a flash and something zip by me though....somethings goin on with the news crew..

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes them Com boys loosing home base & not knowing where it had gone to would of been mass chaos :D. And ya know, I saw something the other day zip past me too in a flash as I was on the new merchant/market pier. Was a strange thing, didn't get a good look :coco:.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Unless they do something special to factions no one is going to care...or at least on this shard. I can't think of the last time that CoM, or any other faction, had to defend it's base. Time for Minax to place another house?

Thanks for the update and news though:)

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For once I actually agree with you Picus. There are very few players that actually care about faction activity. A couple of us tried about 9 months ago. Had a couple great fights, couple flops, and a lot of no shows. The strange thing about napa is that the mass of pvpers are faction players and every active fel guild is dispersed pretty well in factions and yet there is zero faction activity.

Maybe we can convince one of our em's to make a pretty trinket as a reward for participating in fighting for/owning cities. It's pretty obvious that factions are going to be on the back burner for a good long time after the dev's last utterly failed attempt to revamp the faction system.