• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uo forums?

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do the forums from uo . com ask me to sign in with my account name and password?
I'm not registered there, what is that about?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless ya kiss ass, official forums are useless imho.
LMAO There is as much non butt kissing over there as there is here, you just need to know how to say it other than Stratics norm of THE DEVS SUCK AND DONT KNOW ****, FIRE THEM ALL.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to look before you say no to something. Most of the haters here don't even have active accounts.
i looked, the fact i have to log in with private info is turn off. i appreciate your input though, you arent wrong.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i looked, the fact i have to log in with private info is turn off. i appreciate your input though, you arent wrong.
Even the old UOForums was tied to your account, that is how they know you are a paying customer and not one person has came out with the OMG my account was hacked because of it.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If it's any consolation, it doesn't matter if you log in or not. The private info is equally exposed either way. I haven't yet heard of any sort of breach occurring but as with all things security, it is only a matter of time and how much effort someone is willing to put into it before a breach occurs. Luckily the amount of accounts is relatively small so such effort is best spent on gaining access to much larger things.

Even the old UOForums was tied to your account, that is how they know you are a paying customer and not one person has came out with the OMG my account was hacked because of it.
That we are aware of. Accounts get breached, it happens. The origins of these breaches are seldom revealed and rest assured that if such a breach were to occur, EA/BS would do everything in their power to hide it. In my opinion, being able to verify accounts is not worth the security exposure they have subjected the accounts to, but, that is how they have chosen to do it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it's any consolation, it doesn't matter if you log in or not. The private info is equally exposed either way. I haven't yet heard of any sort of breach occurring but as with all things security, it is only a matter of time and how much effort someone is willing to put into it before a breach occurs. Luckily the amount of accounts is relatively small so such effort is best spent on gaining access to much larger things.

That we are aware of. Accounts get breached, it happens. The origins of these breaches are seldom revealed and rest assured that if such a breach were to occur, EA/BS would do everything in their power to hide it. In my opinion, being able to verify accounts is not worth the security exposure they have subjected the accounts to, but, that is how they have chosen to do it.
The minute someones account was breached they would be here screaming and cussing of how they got hacked.