• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Enhanced Client Windows 10

Donal Mor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently reinstalled UO Enhanced Client. First time on windows 10. The client won't display. It patches. It launches and will show in the task manager but does not put a window up.

Classic client works fine... tho tiny. Hence the desire to get the EC working.

Have already tried running it in the various older system modes and as an admin.

Windows Version 1809.
GeForce 1080ti with current drivers.
X299 motherboard.

Thanks,

Donal Mor

synack

Visitor
Hey I know it's a few months late but I was having a similar issue due to high core counts on my Threadripper. I have to run a .bat containing the following code to start my client.
Code:
@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"
Start  /AFFINITY FF UOSA.exe
Just copy it into a file named start.bat in your UO EC folder. Right click, and run as administrator. This script will use the first 8 cores, but you'll want to change the hex "FF" to something more applicable for your system (there are guides via google for this). This specific script works on a Threadripper 2950x.

edit: alternatively if you are on threadripper, set your CPU to game mode using Ryzen Master software.