• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Yamato Meet and Greet Cancelled

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Afternoon everyone, The Developer Meet and Greet on Yamato tomorrow morning has been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and will be rescheduling at a later date. Thank you! Mesanna

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Possibly a shard with very limited population?
Yamato has a good size population, you should see the events the EM has there. Of course there are a lot of shard hoppers (me to) that attend the event, but still there are a lot of players from that shard there as well.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only god knows what was written in the book @Uriah Heep gave to her.
Well, actually I expected a few questions, but the list kept growing, and I knew there was no way yalll were gonna spend the time for all of them.

But here goes, forgive the spelling, I'm having hand troubles today.

Can we get a 'drop all' button in runebooks and atlas's

Can we have a way to move a rune up or down in runebooks and atlas, without having to drop them all out and start over?

Will you re-visit the scribe bods? and make the 5th thru 8th circless worth more points than the 1st circle that any noob can buy and fill?

With our declining population and participation, will the points required for the artisan festival trees ever be lowered a bit?

Can you code it where picking a backpack interior applies only to that char, and not the whole acct?

Same with legible journal, make it per char?

Can it be coded to make repair contracts by putting the stack of scrolls in a bag, target the stack of scrolls and it makes them all into that particcular contract? and, for easier handling, they stay in that bag?

Can you make it where the macro
Selectnearest Hostile
attackselected

doesn't attack the summons of our hunting partners?

Can you fix it where
Selectnearest Mobile
Bandage target

Doesn't attempt to heal hostiles and summons? perhaps add a "friendly" option to the list of choices?

Ofteen when a mob is killed, its healthbar greys out but remains onscreen and has to be closed manually. Can we get a fix?

Quite often, when your hunting partners die, their healthbar disappears and has to be pulled again, hard in a crowd... Can we get this fixed for them to stay up?

Party bars hop all over the screen when you add someone. Is there any hope for this?

Does a grubber abssolutely have to spawn on every time you have failed a lockpick?

And on grubbers, can they be tethered to the chest? I swear I have chased them for many screens trying to keep up with them.

Are Christmas tokens and gifts a thing of the past now?

Is vendor search on atlantic ever gonna be reliable? Perhaps make it re-index every am after server up?

Can we switch chars without retyping our password...we used to have the save password option, can it come back?

It was asked if we could have a jewelry box, but for armor and weapons

Will there come a time when we can buy a token for an 8th char slot and another 20% storage upgrade?

Ever gonna make available a token to raise (per acct) skill cap to 820?

When adding bods to a bodbook, the book opens. If we have to have it opening everytime we drop a bod, can we have it open to the last page where that bod went to, insted of the front page everytime?

Some of these are mine, some aren't...Some came from Facebook and a few ingame friends. Had more, but I think they got asked last night.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was the book, but she declined it and didnt take it
Sent it by pm to Kyronix...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She declined, how useless and ignorant is she. Guessing there were not going to be pom pom wavers there for her.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Another to add to your long list of request

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
She refused that book like she thought it was poisonous. I find her actions very perplexing at times, why didn't she just take the book and answer the questions in the next Newsletter, she saved all that time from not bothering to do the next meet & greet so she could have written it up then.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Another to add to your long list of request
Doesn't mysticism have that??? So why not a mage? Put it in the book in place of one of those spells that only gets cast like once a year

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doesn't mysticism have that??? So why not a mage? Put it in the book in place of one of those spells that only gets cast like once a year
Mysticism's Cleansing Winds has a very, very low radius. It'd be great if it had a wider impact range. One-at-a-timing greater heals works, of course, but sometimes I'd like to stand back and just blanket an area with support spells.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Also you have to be in a party for more then one to be hit and all have to be very close almost on top of each other

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really think the party mechanic needs an overhaul. That we have to drop the party right before the death of a boss creates an unnecessary burden right at the critical moment of a fight.

I'd like a larger tangible benefit to parties like:
-Everyone in the party gets a luck bonus. Maybe the system adds up everyone's luck and rewards a percentage of that number to each person atop their current luck.
-Expanded controls on how loot is rewarded. Let people set an option for how they'd like the loot: pooled, individual, etc.
-The odds of an artifact drop increase with a diversity of skills represented in a party. Having a tamer, a bard, a dexxer, a caster increases your chances of drops versus a party of tamers.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is generally 3 roles in a MMO game : Healer, tank and DPS and sometimes a fourth, support. The problem about pvm in UO compared to some others MMOs is the diversity in the group. Exemple everyone go full dps, a tamer can tank heal and dps, a sampire can tank heal and dps, everyone can do all three easily nowadays. And also the fact that we can all reach 70 cap resistances and put parry in the template, theres no need for tanks. Also we can only have 150 hit point, it's is such a low number to work with diversity abilities, I explain myself : one sampire swing can heal you from 0 to full hp, why would there be a need for a healer in the group at that point ? None

So exemple if our stats values were bigger ( lets say 1500 hp, and damage and heal also scaled up ) Now if the bosses would deal 10-20x more damage, now there would be a need for a real tank, with a real healer/support and real pvm mechanics like any other mmo, but its not with 150 hp @ 70% resistance on all attacks that any of this will ever happen.

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
She refused that book like she thought it was poisonous. I find her actions very perplexing at times, why didn't she just take the book and answer the questions in the next Newsletter, she saved all that time from not bothering to do the next meet & greet so she could have written it up then.
I'm guessing its because
she shares her emails with the team.
and then they discuss it.

maybe its easier to forward an email

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's definitely easier to ignore the e-mail, but let's be optimistic that the questions will be answered in the next newsletter! :D