• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] West Coast Shards down

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2015 Feb 23 15:18 GMT
Good morning,

We are having some technical issues with the cloud servers, which is the reason why the West Coast shards are currently down. We hope to have this issue resolved and shards back up in approx.2.5 hours.

Thank you,
UO Team

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you for fixing the issue in a timely manner :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Considering the fact that they might not even have been in the office at 5 AM...uh yeah...I think they did a good job. Bleak responded probably as soon as he got to the office and they had it fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

And I am not a brown-noser...I could care less what people think of me....you don't like my opinions that's fine, I am still entitled to them :)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Considering the fact that they might not even have been in the office at 5 AM...uh yeah...I think they did a good job. Bleak responded probably as soon as he got to the office and they had it fixed in a reasonable amount of time.
The dev team is on the East Coast. It is reasonable to expect their work day starts at 8am or 8:30am. West Coast maintenance is at 8am EST. Your time frames are incorrect.

The servers went down at 8am EST and were not returned to production until after 1pm EST. That's over 5 hours.

I think the extended down time was because pub 89 code was implemented either intentionally or by accident. Pub 89 was supposed to go live TODAY but some of the bug fixes mentioned were implemented YESTERDAY on Sonoma.