• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Veteran Reward Housing Issue

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Customer Service
2012 Dec 03 21:44 GMT
We are experiencing a technical issue with the Veteran Rewards and housing. We are currently working on the issue and hope to have it fixed soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Continue reading...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
veteran rewards AND housing or veteran rewards housing...... how can veteran rewards being housing..... or we talking veteran rewards placed in housing..... ambiguous vagueness is poison!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Homeland Security to the World.
We have noticed a problem with our stockpile of nuclear weapons. We are currently working on the issue and hope to have it fixed soon.

dosnt sound like fun when they say it either does it!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they are going to fix account age again. I seem to be 2 or 3 months behind where I am supposed to be.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing I have noticed in the last few days is there is severe lag in my main characters castle now that I can barely move around in it since the last patch. It all started more just the other day too with me. Nothing has been added to the place in the last 3 wks to a month. I could move around in the house easily before, now it's a complete lag fest. Even logging in with characters that are logged out in that castle takes an enormously long time to load up. Any other house they log out in is not an issue, but be logged out in that Castle takes forever.

Just a thought, now could this lag be in any way connected to being able to lock items down in courtyards of castles? I don't have any, but possibly related could it be???

Last edited:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing I have noticed in the last few days is there is severe lag in my main characters castle now that I can barely move around in it since the last patch. It all started more just the other day too with me. Nothing has been added to the place in the last 3 wks to a month. I could move around in the house easily before, now it's a complete lag fest. Even logging in with characters that are logged out in that castle takes an enormously long time to load up. Any other house they log out in is not an issue, but be logged out in that Castle takes forever.

Just a thought, now could this lag be in any way connected to being able to lock items down in courtyards of castles? I don't have any, but possibly related could it be???
same here. thought it was just me, but the lag in my castle is worse than dial up and i have not made any changes.

NAaRk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've lost my house with a lot of expensive stuff inside..I hope they will be able to give us back...

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've lost my house with a lot of expensive stuff inside..I hope they will be able to give us back...
Yikes! Was it set as a primary residence, or was it grandfathered? Had you placed another house in the interim?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna will prob plop ya a castle down in malas if u ask her nice....its happened b4.....:next:

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
o gawd heard on the grapevine peeps got unlimited vet rewards again..........this happened last time..........some peeps claimed like 50 teleporters....and sold em quick half price........plz plz plz tell me this as not happened again............especially with the shard shields.........lol.....pepes will hop to every shard ....god thats real bad............:next: .

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
o gawd heard on the grapevine peeps got unlimited vet rewards again..........this happened last time..........some peeps claimed like 50 teleporters....and sold em quick half price........plz plz plz tell me this as not happened again............especially with the shard shields.........lol.....pepes will hop to every shard ....god thats real bad............:next: .

What do you mean "unlimited" ????

Players log in, check their rewards and it says "unlimited" ? Or does it say an extremely high number ?
Or is it the regular number but claiming them does not deduct from the total tally ?

"Unlimited" rewards really does not explain much of what happened...........

Reactions: THP

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Where/when did that happen? It worked just as it was supposed to when my account aged recently.

NAaRk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How can i contact Mesanna?

Anyway i suspended the subscription while i was away for work...But it's never been closed from EA employees.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How can i contact Mesanna?

Anyway i suspended the subscription while i was away for work...But it's never been closed from EA employees.
Was it suspended for more than three months? If so, your house probably decayed.

Anyway, you can send a private message to Mesanna here on Stratics.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your account was not paid for/inactive for more than 90 days it starts to decay and will collapse.

NAaRk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Was it suspended for more than three months?
No i don't think so...i logged in last time except today when there was the anniversary gift..The last one... so it should be in the middle of september...

Thanks anyway!

*P.S. I sent a message to her..i hope to get an answer as soon as possible*

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That would make sense. This guy no one has ever really seen popped on Siege selling vet rewards pretty cheap and never seen him since that one day. He said they were all accounts he had reopened and was looking for gold.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you mean "unlimited" ????

Players log in, check their rewards and it says "unlimited" ? Or does it say an extremely high number ?
Or is it the regular number but claiming them does not deduct from the total tally ?

"Unlimited" rewards really does not explain much of what happened...........
Not sure were uve been in last year ..but not long ago there was a bug were anyone with a vet pick could choose as many rewards as they like...it was nipped in the bud quick and there was a revert...alas..the people that discoverd it early doors managed to avoid the revert and had tons upon ton of vet rewards for sale....it was big news on these boards...surprized u missed it to be fair

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just claimed some rewards 2 days ago and didnt notice anything.
picked my 2 then the gump left.

NAaRk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Also i was unable to choose my last anniversary's gift either due to the gump has never appeared...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe this is an account wide option of UO assist once configured for one account, just don't have it on my hands here at work.
But easy to try: Start UO client without Assist.