• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Vendor Search On Origin and Izumo

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2014 Apr 30 18:23 GMT
Vendor Search is being turned on today on Origin and Izumo after their normal maintenance cycle. Pending any disasters Vender Search will be live on all shards tomorrow after normal daily maintenance.
  • Improved overall search speed
  • Search results now return up to 60 items
  • Searches can no longer be canceled
  • Customizing houses will remove opted-in vendors from search results for up to 30 minutes
  • Upon shards being published with update it will take approximately three hours for the vendor database to update. If you do not find your item please check back after that time frame, After the initial database update all vended item additions/deletions will be available through searches within five minutes.

Continue reading...

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent! Just tested on Origin and it is lightning fast! I am very optimistic!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a little concerned about the 60 items. common searches, even with the needed requirements often bring back around 200 results. And thats just on the search sites, not global search as this is intended to be.

Good to see it will be working.
Hopefully continue to see improvement to the system.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60 seems like an odd number...hm. ill have to try a little later, downloading office 365 lol...hoping it doesnt take all 365 ;D

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please... it just has to be fast.
It just has to be practical.
Not shiny, not a real beauty.
But please make it happen like it was before on Test.
Thats all I ask for, thank you very much for your hard work :)

*I'm just being curious on testing it out on my shard*

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Im a little concerned about the 60 items. common searches, even with the needed requirements often bring back around 200 results. ...
I thought that odd also, but it does a decent job of filtering with text searches, price ranges, etc... so you may have to learn to narrow the results using those options. When it worked, it was fast.

And, if we are missing something or need a tweak, the developer team seems willing to listen.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Tested it a bit on Origin its looking good. If it works like this on Drachenfels later today, I will set up my new vendor. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I tested some today on origin seemed to work fast but more than not I got no result! could be just nothing I was looking for! I will for sure try more when hits LS

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll be working when this goes fully live, can people post the amazing stuff they find in out of the way and long forgotten(but still paid for) vendors?

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
The 60 items is not the max number it returns for a search. It gets the results in 60 item 'chunks'.

If I search for 'scroll' it will display 5 on the first page. Hit next page and it will go through displaying the first 60 items it has found. It then displays the search msg for a second and then you can page through the next 60 items.

60 seems like an odd number...hm. ill have to try a little later, downloading office 365 lol...hoping it doesnt take all 365 ;D

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Just tried the vendor search, and the option is greyed out. Inside my house, and out of combat. Is it active yet, or is it waiting 3 hours after the server save to build the database?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tried the vendor search, and the option is greyed out. Inside my house, and out of combat. Is it active yet, or is it waiting 3 hours after the server save to build the database?
which server?

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
On LS... I tried in my house in Felucca and at the Moonglow Inn. The option is greyed out and can't be selected.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is working on Europa - maybe wait a little longer. LS hasn't been up long since maintenance?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On LS... I tried in my house in Felucca and at the Moonglow Inn. The option is greyed out and can't be selected.
It took a bit longer then 3 hours on Drachenfels but its working fine now! :)

It find the items in a few seconds.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
For me it was working in Europa and now suddenly it went grey in Luna Bank...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Seems to be sorta working at Legends.
No matter what I input at the search criteria, I can't make the result show the green soul stone token I have on my vendor.
Can't seem to get it to show me power scrolls either.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's working <kinda> on LS. Results are ?able
@ 10 am the DB is working perfectly. Great Job Devs!

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Me also

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I was down again now after logging in...it was just shaded in grey for some reason.

Now it's ok again...it takes some time after logging in?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to say it, but it still appears broken.
Was working fine for about 20mins for me just now, but now the menu is greyed out (in my house and in town)
tried both accounts so i dont think its just a bugged character.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Make sure you are not flagged. You have to be in a safe logout state to get it to work - that's to prevent exploits using it to escape from a fight.

If that's not it, then try to document what is going on to report and get it fixed.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It worked for about ten minutes on Atlantic. Well, this happened:

1. Search for item name "transfer", sorting high to low price, category "Promotional token". Got about 5 results.
  2. Searched again without item name. Got more, cheaper transfer tokens this time (amongst other types of promotional tokens as intended)
  3. That was weird so I tried the initial search again. Got no results but a red line saying 'Your search criteria is too vague. Please refine your criteria and try again"
  4. Tried again. This time a large delay, I right-clicked the wait window so it disappeared. After about 1 or 2 minutes I got grey text saying "Before using vendor search you must be in a justice region etc. etc.". I had not moved.
  5. Option is then greyed out on charater menu.
  6. Moved up to the inn, still greyed out.
  7. Logged out and in again. Still greyed out

Shard: Atlantic.

I was very enthusiastic to see that it finally started working. Now I am no longer enthusiastic.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
(kind of a bug report)
So the option is available again and I tried again. I don't get the cheaper transfer tokens if I search for "transfer" as the item name. I do get them if I delete the "Promotional ticket" category and search for item name "promotional" . I teleported to one of the more expensive transfer tokens to see if the vendor owner added some individual name to the item. But no, it only says "promotional token", exactly the same as for one of the cheaper tokens that do not appear when searching for item name "transfer" (I teleported there, too).

Soo... I did some pretty expensive bug research for you and teleportation costs 1k gold each time. Where can I claim back my gold? Should I call a GM to get it back or should I send an email to Mesanna? :dunce:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess its still buggy. now the search menu comes up again, but i cant mouse over anything to see the stats

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So the option is available again and I tried again. I don't get the cheaper transfer tokens if I search for "transfer" as the item name. I do get them if I delete the "Promotional ticket" category and search for item name "promotional" . I teleported to one of the more expensive transfer tokens to see if the vendor owner added some individual name to the item. But no, it only says "promotional token", exactly the same as for one of the cheaper tokens that do not appear when searching for item name "transfer" (I teleported there, too)...
Not to be snide, but my guess is that a "promotional token" is not the same as a "promotional ticket." I'm thinking the system see them as two different things.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not to be snide, but my guess is that a "promotional token" is not the same as a "promotional ticket." I'm thinking the system see them as two different things.
You may be right and I might have mixed it all up in my posts (I am too lazy to read my posts, they are too boring). But I never searched for "ticket" or "token". The terms I searched for where "transfer" or "promotional". No "ticket" and no "token" as the item name. Sorry for the confusion.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For about ten minutes it seemed to work and I made a few purchases. Now the option is greyed out again and right before that my last search yielded a "justice region" message (standing at Luna bank).

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep now greyed out again. so somethings not right.

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Which shard?

I've logged in and out a few times on LS, and it's working as it should and always available for me. Maybe try to relog to see if that resets something?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which shard?

I've logged in and out a few times on LS, and it's working as it should and always available for me. Maybe try to relog to see if that resets something?
atlantic

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
small bug, searching for prismatic lenses only brings up gargoyle version.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First:

A big Thank You to the dev team. Lots of people complained bitterly when this didn't work. Now that it does, it would be nice to see that acknowledged. Yes, I realize it is a lot easier to complain when things aren't working, then to notice or mention something when it's just sitting there doing what it is supposed to. Nicely done development team. (And yes, there appear to still be some bugs.....let me know when you find any system on our planet that is working perfectly).

Second:
I'll be working when this goes fully live, can people post the amazing stuff they find in out of the way and long forgotten(but still paid for) vendors?
I, like you, have serious doubts about any "out of the way" vendors with continuous worthwhile stock that have just been being missed. Yet, I have already found two items that don't appear on the "third party" search engine. Both are in Luna. Both are listed for significantly lower prices that what the "third party" search engine displays these items for on other shards, or what the "third party" search engine is selling these items for on its on site. Two "finds" is hardly a significant sample size though.

I am seriously considering opening my own vendor, now that it would be seen by the whole shard, and offloading a bunch of the crap......err, delicious collectibles, that I have accumulated over the years. How many other players might do the same thing? If many players do the same, it could seriously change the way trade takes place within the game. Maybe what you and I should both be thinking of is less, what has actually been out there being ignored, and more, what potential does an expanded and accessible market create for the future?

Still, gut feeling tells me that you and I were both correct to this point and that there were not that many vendors being "overlooked".

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Works fine on Europa. I've seen it get grayed out briefly, though, for a minute or two. Perhaps it does this during some kind of hourly DB maintenance task or something?

Still, gut feeling tells me that you and I were both correct to this point and that there were not that many vendors being "overlooked".
Well yeh, that's not really a surprising conclusion. It was pretty pointless trying to run a vendor in an out-of-the-way location prior to this unless you were willing to invest the time in dropping runes around constantly, etc.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have owned a Luna house on Napa for the last 4 years and have never had a vendor I owned or any of the ones I rent out for free not show up on the listings. Now this might be because it's a smaller shard but I fail to see how this "bad press" is in the best intrest of the un-named website owner(s). I should also note that in the years before I never had a issue either.

Given that this seems to work I would only hope that people open a vendor and use it as if this was not the case it would only further my personal belief that this whole venture was a total waste of resources, which I think it is anyway. Without a true purpose such as direct token/store sales I still fail to see how this is going to help you, I and every other player see a true long term positve result. What is the point if we can't increase revenue for the game to help enhance a push for an expansion which, IMO, is what this game really needs to do.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without a true purpose such as direct token/store sales I still fail to see how this is going to help you, I and every other player see a true long term positve result. What is the point if we can't increase revenue for the game to help enhance a push for an expansion which, IMO, is what this game really needs to do.
Agreed. On both points.

My question would be, do you think the current vendor search is its final form, is this as far as the development team is going to take it? Or could this be the first step in building a direct store sales model into the game? When searching for say a character transfer token, why not just have the official UO store be the first result returned? This would require adding payment options directly into the game of course. Players would still have the option to use in-game gold and purchase from another player, but could also buy directly from the UO Store for real world cash. (As an aside, with UO players craziness, a one-click-to-buy option similar to what Amazon does, would be Dangerous!)

A benefit of this expanded in-game market will probably be that with greater accessibility to the market, more players will participate, both as sellers and buyers. However, would more players participating in the market lead directly to more players in the game? Or could this be seen as part of a cumulative effect? Lots of little changes add up to a better overall experience and eventually draw in more players? I would suspect that if any of us could figure out the numbers to that degree of accuracy, we could be business & marketing guru's.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well with the really limited talk we recieve from the Dev(lol) team we will never know. It still seems like the team felt they had to do this for some reason, rushed it expecting it to work which it didn't and then had to fix the problem that only a small group felt was an issue in the first place. They looked like fools who didn't try the product before release, how was this possible?

Might it be this broadsword operation has some plan in place, it could but we have not really heard much from them at all. I find it odd that they have a financial intrest in this donkey but seem silent. Sadly I can only think of the video that Bonnie and Cal put out way back in May of 2011(look it up on youtube), it still makes my head shake.