• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Vendor Search Database Maintenance

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/16/2020 Greetings, Over the next 24 hours the vendor search database will be undergoing maintenance as the database is repopulated. During this time you will experience intermittent search failures. Vendor owners may opt-out and re-opt-in their vendors to accelerate the process, but this is not required. We appreciate your patience. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Mr. Mayhem

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
9/16/2020 Greetings, Over the next 24 hours the vendor search database will be undergoing maintenance as the database is repopulated. During this time you will experience intermittent search failures. Vendor owners may opt-out and re-opt-in their vendors to accelerate the process, but this is not required. We appreciate your patience. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...
Hard to call this “maintenance” when the damn thing is broken.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Effort? Sounds like they just purged it and gonna let it search everything out again. Couple of mouseclicks isn't effort

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey now, that negative attitude just earned you a mandatory $5 donation Click Here. :gee: You know kind of like the Cuss Jar but cooler.

:pint::thumbup:
Tell ya what Nabin. Let's play Let's make a deal. If you can somehow convince Mervyn to come to stratics unleashed I'll donate 50. Tomorrow I will donate 10 though just cause I enjoy unleashed so much.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Tell ya what Nabin. Let's play Let's make a deal. If you can somehow convince Mervyn to come to stratics unleashed I'll donate 50. Tomorrow I will donate 10 though just cause I enjoy unleashed so much.
Are you sure you are ready for that....oh and thank you!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
VS working faster than I've ever seen it.

It would be great if they performed maintenance a bit more often in order to keep up this performance. As with anything, it is easier said than done when we don't quite know what procedures are required on the back end, but this is a great quality of life improvement.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Atlantic VS is right back to hit or miss. Worked great for a while and now "Your search is too vague" is happening again. Maybe Atlantic needs its own VS server. If you add all the items on VS from all the other shards I bet it is 1/2 of what Atlantic has.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to enter one word search terms or use the clickies. 2 word searches give too Vauge.

Anyone have a Evening gown recipe for sale on Atl? I am not going to look thru every recipe...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
VS working faster than I've ever seen it.

It would be great if they performed maintenance a bit more often in order to keep up this performance. As with anything, it is easier said than done when we don't quite know what procedures are required on the back end, but this is a great quality of life improvement.
So much for that. Perhaps some sort of maintenance should be performed as of part each daily shutdown cycle?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I have been using it all day on Atlantic with little to no problems

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm glad I don't see the vague message.
Now I know when there isn't one on VS.

But before I would search for SOS and it would bring up what I wanted.
now it brings up anything with shipwreck on it too