• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Valentines Day Publish

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all, To support the Valentine’s Day gifts we will be releasing a client patch and server publish this morning. Please make sure you check out your Event Moderator posting for the time and place you might be able participate in the events leading up to these gifts. Gifts will become available beginning February 12, 2021. This year your gift will be given out depending on your karma, so choose your actions wisely! UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope they told the EMs about this. They are supposed to make events preceding the give out on the 12th. They do not have much time.

Please make sure you check out your Event Moderator posting for the time and place you might be able participate in the events leading up to these gifts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the Neg Karma one will be the most popular if it fits on a wall and does not stick thru the ceiling.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I like how it says you MIGHT be able to participate...I hope that we are not required to go to an EM event to get a gift....that would be discouraging.

I check the event calendar every day, not many events posted before the 12th but I am sure the gifts will be available all month...at least I hope so!

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tink da ebent jus uh story ob why weez gettin demz. Da pressie will probably beez uh clicky.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Tink da ebent jus uh story ob why weez gettin demz. Da pressie will probably beez uh clicky.
I hope so, but the whole good vs. bad karma thing is throwing me a bit...unless the clicky will know the difference. I forgot how they did it with the folded dragons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope so, but the whole good vs. bad karma thing is throwing me a bit...unless the clicky will know the difference. I forgot how they did it with the folded dragons.
Just like Artisan Festival gifts know your karma.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So are there 4 cupids or 2 ?
I read the newsletter as it was written .
"There are plushy valentine's gifts for the floor and one to hang on the wall. Good and bad karma choose wisely."
They posted a pic of 2 different ones.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are there 4 cupids or 2 ?
I read the newsletter as it was written .
"There are plushy valentine's gifts for the floor and one to hang on the wall. Good and bad karma choose wisely."
They posted a pic of 2 different ones.
The colorful cupid is for the floor, the silhouette is for the wall. That's my guess. You can raise the floor one like last years.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does UO always wait until the actual Holiday - or damned near to it - to hand out Holiday decor? If you do it at the beginning of the month you could actually decorate your house with the items instead of sticking it away in a chest for next year.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@HippoRedux I have often wondered the same thing! I will assume it's because they usually forget about that stuff until the last minute and not because they delight in being cruel....but after Christmas 2020, who knows?!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea that's a good question but in typical UO fashion if you look back to last year's events the September one started like Sept 20th which made every other one start mid month. I'm wondering if we will need to wait until mid-March for the Pirates life

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Valentine's Gift event, is not somewhat worn it's greatly. She was generous with her poison this time. What a shock...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players are getting their gifts stolen because the clicky is in Fel.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone let me know how this gifting is going to work? Is it based on separate EM events on each shard or is there going to be something 'clickable'. Maybe I've missed something but it is not clear to me.... (I am getting old now tho….)

Thanks

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Players are getting their gifts stolen because the clicky is in Fel.
@Pawain Is that true? I don't know what to say to that, wow if that is indeed the case then she has really outdone herself in nastiness this time, it's not even funny. After the lack of Christmas gift in what was the worst year for many people I think this kind of thing is now the norm. Sad day...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's a clicky in Heartwood (Fel) - Looks like 1 per account

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The items are insurable, insure them fast, you can click and insure fast while hidden, take some invis potions if you don't have hiding, don't take any items of value to Felucca.

This is about playing the game, not just clicking things for free. Think about it.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found it, got my cupid was instantly murdered and lost it, didn't stand a chance...… Happy valentines day!
I don't know what to say...

How were you instantly murdered? {In a place Reds can't go?}
How did you not insure it, like you would anything else? {When you can easily create the time to do so before anything bad happens to you?}

If you are on Atlantic, or Europa, happy to give you one of mine.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The "Stinky Pete's stealing advice hotline" will be closed during this event, please stop DMing me asking why you keep getting revealed and/or can't steal anything. I'm just going to tell you "it's because you suck."

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just PKed somebody and got his clicky. Looted it, insured it, ... and gave it back.

Welcome back good old griefing days.

P.S.: You can call guards in heartwood.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I logged in, ran to the moongate, went to Fel Yew, ran to Heartwood, clicked the statue, ran out of the gate, and sanctuary'd back home no problems. Didn't even see another person. Chesapeake.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First time in Fel in 10+ years so wasn't thinking straight. Never used insurance as I never normally carry anything of value. Stepped though portal back to Yew and got whacked! Totally my fault for not thinking first!

I'm on Europa and would appreciate a cupid, but it was my own stupidity....

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The items are insurable, insure them fast, you can click and insure fast while hidden, take some invis potions if you don't have hiding, don't take any items of value to Felucca.

This is about playing the game, not just clicking things for free. Think about it.

what shard was this from?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't matter what she thought or did not think designing this. Either you want one or you don't. Always a way to get stuff in UO. The statues have a nice name .
The Trumpy one that... well look in EC. Not a fan. Dark one is nice art, just somewhat dark.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First time in Fel in 10+ years so wasn't thinking straight. Never used insurance as I never normally carry anything of value. Stepped though portal back to Yew and got whacked! Totally my fault for not thinking first!

I'm on Europa and would appreciate a cupid, but it was my own stupidity....
Hey Lador, I'm Alea Iacta Est Wraith guild Europa, I'll get you one over the weekend, message me your character name.

what shard was this from?
This was from Atlantic this morning, one of my new Gargoyles. :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if i'm wrong:
- so it is not related to "karma" but if I claim it in fellucca or trammel
- you have one for char or for account?
- its shard bound or i can get from another shard?

thx :)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if i'm wrong:
- so it is not related to "karma" but if I claim it in fellucca or trammel
- you have one for char or for account?
- its shard bound or i can get from another shard?

thx :)
It is Karma related - cute one for good karma, black one for bad karma.
You can only claim it in Felucca Heartwood.
You get 1 per account/shard, not one per character.
It is not shard bound.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i suppose any level of bad karma can work, i mean, i dont have to be dread lord