• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Update to Origin, Izumo and Baja Publish Schedule

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all, We are making a few adjustments to pet AIs and will not be publishing today, our new scheduled date to publish to Origin, Izumo and Baja is Tuesday April 18th, 2017. We will be updating TC1 with the latest changes, keep an eye on the wiki for the latest list of updates. Also, as of May 1st we will be making additional stable slots available from the Ultima Store. Finally, as a celebration of Easter and the dawning of Spring make sure you visit the Justice Falls and look for the pink squirrel to claim a gift. These gifts […]

Continue reading...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing quite like pushing ahead no matter what.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just one example of MANY who have actually ASKED for this..not naming who posted it or when but I'm sure everyone can use the search function :)

Personally if they wanted to make a buck in this game they ought to sell packs of 10 stable slots for $5... I'd pay it. $5 to get an account 10 more slots per character... I'd pay it at least a dozen times over... and if I could keep paying it till I reached 50 slots per character per account I'd do that too... And I'm probably not alone

....looks like they listened ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just one example of MANY who have actually ASKED for this..not naming who posted it or when but I'm sure everyone can use the search function :)

Personally if they wanted to make a buck in this game they ought to sell packs of 10 stable slots for $5... I'd pay it. $5 to get an account 10 more slots per character... I'd pay it at least a dozen times over... and if I could keep paying it till I reached 50 slots per character per account I'd do that too... And I'm probably not alone

....looks like they listened ;)
$5 for 10 slots is much more reasonable than $10 for 1, and far, far less greedy.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Right..and as of right now all we know is additional slots will be available in the store..not how many, not how much..just that they will be available..so stop the conjecture and WAIT until we have official word....I think that would be a good idea :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right..and as of right now all we know is additional slots will be available in the store..not how many, not how much..just that they will be available..so stop the conjecture and WAIT until we have official word....I think that would be a good idea :)
Stop conjecture on U.hall about vaguely/poorly announced UO stuffs? o_O

May as well delete the forum then... :devil:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Depending I would hope for $5 for 10 slots... but I'm not holding my breath for that either... and my guess is it'll be some one time only thing where you get like 10 slots for whatever price probably $19.99.... or some BS... and likely won't be stackable... so it'll be 1 and done. Which again would be exceedingly lame... as 10 slots aren't going to go far with so many new pets available...

Now... that said... I'd go all the way to 100 slots if they would let me for $5 for 10... if they stack and if they could go that high... Heck I might even consider 150... but that's me.

I'd also pay to add storage to my house's... I'd give 10 bucks to get another 1k in storage... And again if stack-able I'd do it 10x over.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wasn't able to test nearly as much as I'd like and didn't get to see all the new pets in full action. I don't get why they feel the need to push this out so fast, but so be it.

Ten dollars for five or six slots. Only applies to one character. Put a cap at the max slots from 120/120/120 taming skills plus the add on. That's the way to go.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wasn't able to test nearly as much as I'd like and didn't get to see all the new pets in full action. I don't get why they feel the need to push this out so fast, but so be it.

Ten dollars for five or six slots. Only applies to one character. Put a cap at the max slots from 120/120/120 taming skills plus the add on. That's the way to go.
If we are going to pay money for the slot increase, it should be account wide... all characters, all shards.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If we are going to pay money for the slot increase, it should be account wide... all characters, all shards.
I disagree. It should be like a Mythic token or Race change token - a one time deal that affects only one character.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree. It should be like a Mythic token or Race change token - a one time deal that affects only one character.
It's a storage upgrade... much closer to the house storage increase than a mythic token...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I should hope not... if that's the case... then it best cost under $2... or give 25 to 50 slots... otherwise it just isn't worth it.

Oh and it better not "vanish" when I transfer my character to another shard and back that would seriously tick me off.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's a storage upgrade... much closer to the house storage increase than a mythic token...
I see your logic... but still don't agree. With the storage upgrade, all characters can access the extra storage items. Characters can't share pets across an account.

Either way, I hope that they do it in a way that maximizes their revenue stream.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see your logic... but still don't agree. With the storage upgrade, all characters can access the extra storage items. Characters can't share pets across an account.

Either way, I hope that they do it in a way that maximizes their revenue stream.
Storage upgrade affected bank boxes too... characters don't share bank boxes.

They could easily do $5 to increase all characters by 5 slots and allow it to be applied up to 5 times per account. That would put max slots for a full tamer around 50 at a cost of $25 per account.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Storage upgrade affected bank boxes too... characters don't share bank boxes.

They could easily do $5 to increase all characters by 5 slots and allow it to be applied up to 5 times per account. That would put max slots for a full tamer around 50 at a cost of $25 per account.
They share bank boxes now with gold deposits, but I digress.

I hope Broadsword doesn't lowball themselves with the price and I hope they put a reasonable cap on total number of stable slots.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
500 sovereigns per slot per character would be quite acceptable for me.
Not too expensive, not too cheap.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Charging for conveniences like stable slots/storage etc sounds entirely greedy to me for a 20 year old game still pushing a hefty sub fee. Dont care to hear anyones justifications why this makes sense - its kinda slimy and i feel like im getting milked at this point.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Charging for conveniences like stable slots/storage etc sounds entirely greedy to me for a 20 year old game still pushing a hefty sub fee. Dont care to hear anyones justifications why this makes sense - its kinda slimy and i feel like im getting milked at this point.
We are lol. Changing a number in a line or two of code shouldnt require we pay out the rear end, yet again...It should be plenty of slots, and be dirt cheap.

kazeandi

Adventurer
Why? You can play without problem without ever using the cash shop.
I got several tamers and could get by with stables as is, because I'm not a pet collector. I do see why people would want more stable slots tho and agree there should be a way to expand them.

As for the "hefty" sub.. I dunno man, 15$ are nothing these days. 20 years ago, you could buy a whole lot more for that money and it's pretty much in line with other sub games out there, which also have shops (EVE, WoW, both are pretty old now, too).

As long as the tokens are tradeable in game, all is well.

In fact, Broadsword should add game time tokens, too, then people could essentially play for free while the company still gets revenue.
Works for both EVE and WoW and actually helped their subscription numbers.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone who thinks the money from store items is being reinvested into UO is seriously delusional.

We have nearly 20 years of history backing that up. (Remember that $4 sub increase for "increased support" that never, ever materialized?)

EA. Does. Not. Give. An. F. They're more than happy to continue taking your money though. (and even when they make it extra difficult to do so, people still do it.)

Plus, nickel and diming us on stuff that should just be part of the game, on top of our subs, is getting kinda ****ty.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I won't be buying extra stable slots or anything else from the store since it hasn't let me login on any device to do so for 2 months...EA at it's finest. I Googled the problem, applied changes to this and that, changed browsers, turned off firewall long enough to try to connect, stood on one leg and whistled Dixie while drinking gasoline, all the tips and tricks and I finally decided it just wasn't worth the effort. o.0 That's fine by me! :lick:

kazeandi

Adventurer
It's not relevant where the money from shop purchases goes.
What counts is that whatever you bought becomes available in game.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make it a token you can sell. More stuff for the economy in game.
The announcement says that the stable upgrade will be sold in-game in the Ultima Store, so it can't be an account code, it must be an in-game item.

It will probably be a token, but there's also the possibility that it could be a house add-on instead.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't the devs just throw their loyal paying customers a bone and put in just one small bug fix?

Like adding a comma to trade window amounts, or any bug fix.

Just one bug fix in a patch, surely that is not asking too much from paying customers no?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
not sure why I would have to pay for more slots. no one should have to pay for this. just my opinion

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I used some advanced and myst token to get more Tamer and therefore more slots.
Maybe Uo Shop slots are cheaper.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't the devs just throw their loyal paying customers a bone and put in just one small bug fix?

Like adding a comma to trade window amounts, or any bug fix.

Just one bug fix in a patch, surely that is not asking too much from paying customers no?
Following their current trend, there will be a bugfix available in the store soon ... for only $10.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing quite like pushing ahead no matter what.
Greetings all, We are making a few adjustments to pet AIs and will not be publishing today, our new scheduled date to publish to Origin, Izumo and Baja is Tuesday April 18th, 2017. We will be updating TC1 with the latest changes, keep an eye on the wiki for the latest list of updates. Also, as of May 1st we will be making additional stable slots available from the Ultima Store. Finally, as a celebration of Easter and the dawning of Spring make sure you visit the Justice Falls and look for the pink squirrel to claim a gift. These gifts […]

Continue reading...
5 day notice and you are whining already.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LINK PLEASE

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Where are the Justice Falls?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks and thanks for the map

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My City always known where the falls were... Love them. Used to take new recruits out there to make sure they knew where things were in Yew back in the old days of the Yew Militia... Ah such fond memories.

P.S. Anyone remember when you used to be able to go under the falls? :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You still can, to an extent, or you could as of a few months ago

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran