• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] UO Status Update

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if what the Dev said to me is correct on the forum, it will be ToT3 activated. so mempos and the above pigments, and if I remember, NO turn in major pigments

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Melchiah I really hope you are okay irl, and your family/friends. Tot was fun for me and will be again. I thank them for it. Now I wonder what is the bigger news she mentioned. :)
Thanks Cyrah - I'm fairly in the clear working in Ophthalmology Theatres, and will be working remotely for a while, but my partner is a General Practitioner and is dealing with this on the front line. In the UK it's clear that things are going to get worse before they get better, and it's a long road ahead.
Looking forward to getting stuck back into ToT though, and even spending more time in Tokuno for a change. Nice colours there for some more traditional dyes!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This will be fun. I was just thinking what will keep me adventuring once pub 108 goes live. I will absolutely take part in trying to get a luck Mempo (I never got one to drop in 2009). I’m also interested in the dyes, Tome of Lost Knowledge and Swords of Prosperity. I always found those two items useful.

I agree with the sentiment about the invasion spellbooks with up to 50 SDI. That’s another drop that is useful but no longer available. Maybe that one item could be added as a major selection.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This will be fun. I was just thinking what will keep me adventuring once pub 108 goes live. I will absolutely take part in trying to get a luck Mempo (I never got one to drop in 2009). I’m also interested in the dyes, Tome of Lost Knowledge and Swords of Prosperity. I always found those two items useful.

I agree with the sentiment about the invasion spellbooks with up to 50 SDI. That’s another drop that is useful but no longer available. Maybe that one item could be added as a major selection.
Should add the 5 SSI cloak too.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The devs indicated that they would be adding those spellbooks to a boss or peerless at the napa meet and greet.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have played this game, without taking 'breaks' since October 2000. I am less entitled to an opinion than every other player?
So be it. I'm done sharing my game knowledge to help players on this forum.
Eh. Don't let them bring you down or effect you decision(s). Some don't understand that they simply don't understand. You've done more for the community and individuals in this game than a VERY LARGE portion of people on either forum. For that I personally am forever grateful.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eh. Don't let them bring you down or effect you decision(s). Some don't understand that they simply don't understand. You've done more for the community and individuals in this game than a VERY LARGE portion of people on either forum. For that I personally am forever grateful.
If she can't handle any opposition that's her problem. On the official forum she can (and does quite often) just delete posts or lock threads. And in places where she cant, she cries us a river lol. If this was the official forum she would have locked it after her remark. I'm glad she can't over here.

This whole lets add another forum and another wiki has only split the community further. Like we didnt have client or shard wars already smh.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have played this game, without taking 'breaks' since October 2000. I am less entitled to an opinion than every other player?
So be it. I'm done sharing my game knowledge to help players on this forum.
OMG, I am reading this correctly and you/she is doing the same crap she/they pulled here for a decade or more? I am so so very glad I cancelled my subscriptions, the defender of the fix always defends the corruption of the dev team, you can take a year off the game but it never changes.

What a shame, Petra I hope it was a good decision towing the line for all these years.

IBTL....cause it reminds me of my youth.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God knows how many more accounts she uses to support her views over there. This is quite ****ed up for an official moderator with powers to mute people. At least she should be told that people cancel subs over her behaviour.

And I honestly hope she is mature enough to still allow links to stratics on the other forum after that bitter sweet goodbye. It's awkward already that people refrain from calling this place by its name because they are in fear of repercussion.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For an older game filled with mostly above 30yo players the vocal majority of you sure do act like a pack of flaming hemorrhoid buttholes. Politics may have given you the illusion it's ok to bash and bully your pov but it's not.

The following picture is an accurate portrayal of the current vocal stratics posters. I do not blame Mesanna , Kyronix or Bleak for leaving here and not wanting it to carry over to the UO forums. The ship was tight here when Taylor owned it. The new owners have loosened the sewer pipe allowing some unsavory crap to flow.

crying jordan.jpg

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For an older game filled with mostly above 30yo players the vocal majority of you sure do act like a pack of flaming hemorrhoid buttholes. Politics may have given you the illusion it's ok to bash and bully your pov but it's not.

The following picture is an accurate portrayal of the current vocal stratics posters. I do not blame Mesanna , Kyronix or Bleak for leaving here and not wanting it to carry over to the UO forums. The ship was tight here when Taylor owned it. The new owners have loosened the sewer pipe allowing some unsavory crap to flow.

View attachment 106659
Sure, everyone not agreeing with Mariah on the other forum is unsavory crap. And you complain about manners?:D

The UO community is more split then ever, and those moderators push it further every day. You can name call people all day, but it's Mariah and Rohrschach giving snark comments to loyal customers and removing everything they don't agree with.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And you couldn't edit your previous post to share this "witty" joke you suddenly remembered? Are you that eager to get your post count up? Goes up enough with all your moaning without the double posts?
Yes, you hate Petra, it's obvious, can we move on now?

Thanks Jack Flash for the color chart!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And you couldn't edit your previous post to share this "witty" joke you suddenly remembered? Are you that eager to get your post count up? Goes up enough with all your moaning without the double posts?
Yes, you hate Petra, it's obvious, can we move on now?

Thanks Jack Flash for the color chart!
I dont hate her, I don't even know her personally. I criticize her actions and how she tried to fool everyone by running multiple accounts there. I point out when she comes up with false excuses that hold no truth. A moderator shouldn't run multiple accounts and even covertly support each account with the other. This is not personal, if it was any other player I would say the same.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
about davies lockers, some people may have no idea what this means: pub notes say, " the number of maps within a davies lockers now count towards container limits. this should be explain much better to players, there will be issues if they don't.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
about davies lockers, some people may have no idea what this means: pub notes say, " the number of maps within a davies lockers now count towards container limits. this should be explain much better to players, there will be issues if they don't.
what’s the point of the locker then

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait, I thought they were sposed to hold 500 maps? or what am I missing here?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where does it say that? I relooked, and didn't see it.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
In the Publish notes it is mentioned as
"Miscellaneous Updates
The number of maps within a Davies Locker deeds now counts towards container limits."
So it seems only the redeeded DLs will cause trouble? Hopefully?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The ship was tight here when Taylor owned it. The new owners have loosened the sewer pipe allowing some unsavory crap to flow.
There was a lot of stuff that was deeply hidden and that we strongly disagreed with from that era. A substantial amount of it was systematically deleted solely so new staff would not have access to it (still found quite a bit though). I like Taylor personally, but it was not at all as smooth sailing back then as you seem to believe it was. The main difference was anything that did not fit a very particular viewpoint was buried and beaten over the head with shovels (none of which was Taylor's fault, to be clear). Just because the problems were very carefully covered up and not allowed to be visible, does not mean there were no problems. I was hired here about a week after that era ended, and as the very first new staff member not from that era, it was extremely confusing to even find out who my boss was. There were constant internal power-battles and about 4 people were telling me to do totally conflicting things against each other's wishes at all times those first few weeks.

Yes the sewer pipe may have been loosened, but it's better to have things out in the open than simply covering everything we don't like up like nothing ever happened.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In the Publish notes it is mentioned as
"Miscellaneous Updates
The number of maps within a Davies Locker deeds now counts towards container limits."
So it seems only the redeeded DLs will cause trouble? Hopefully?
I need to be sure its just container limit or does it also count as storage. important to know. anyone know for sure if counts as storage?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I need to be sure its just container limit or does it also count as storage. important to know. anyone know for sure if counts as storage?
This is all being done on Baja Shard.

Re-Deeded Davy's Locker with 400 maps/sos houses storage unchanged, deed with 400 maps/sos taking up 80 items counts plus 1 for the ax in pack and no change on storage gump for house.

Replaced Davy's locker in house and reopened house storage gump and nothing changes and my item count went back to 1 (ax)..

It only appears to take up item counts while in deed form and works like a BOD Book on counts while in deed form.

Logged on an account that is co-owned and opened house storage gump, no chande to house counts.

Removed maps/soss, no change to storage gump

replaced maps/soss, no change to house storage gump

So IMHO someone was hording Maps/SOSs in deeded lockers and it was causing a problem so they made them take up storage while deeded only.

TY @Kyronix for fixing this problem

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had to put the deeds in separate containers, 500 maps is 100 items for container/limit 125. looks like when in deed form, its just one storage. thank god lol. had all deeds in one container with too many items, would fall on ground if you moved anything. didn't know was already changed. had to unload some stuff out of my pack to get 500 map deed/ 100 items to go in pack. so if you have more than 25 items in pack and 500 maps in deed, must unload some stuff from your pack so you can place locker.
1585003533786.png

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
In reality how many people have this much time to dedicate to whatever job this would be considered? It would make sense that the UO devs would be quick to outsource management of their new board to someone who spent so much time updating stratics resources and keeping things organized over the years to also manage their boards.

At the end of the day - how much work is it for any of you to 'monitor' posts? Can't most of this be done with automated rules for the most part? Not to disparage, I am honestly asking in reference to what Norrington said about there being a lot of shady stuff, and hidden happenings; in broad strokes what could even be happening? I don't see the economics being viable enough for 'corruption' to make sense, but maybe I'm missing some revenue streams?

Last edited:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
OH but to my real question - are the Ministers online now? I tested and didn't see any IDOCs reported?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, got my first 10 marties in Tokuno. Well, actually 11 but one was a small piece of blackrock. The major options are the same from 2009. No dyes as majors. No changes in any of the arties. Still fun! Getting me into Tokuno for the first time in many years. A few questions:

- Are there any UOML named monsters in the Citadel that drop ML arties?
- Can you tame the colored lesser hiryu and the hiryu that spawn in the Sleeping Dragon champ spawn?
- From 2009, is the spawn rate for the Luck Mempo less than the other marties, or is it equal and all dependent on the RNG what item you get?

Thanks! Looking forward to ToT4.

-OBSIDIAN-

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, got my first 10 marties in Tokuno. Well, actually 11 but one was a small piece of blackrock. The major options are the same from 2009. No dyes as majors. No changes in any of the arties. Still fun! Getting me into Tokuno for the first time in many years. A few questions:

- Are there any UOML named monsters in the Citadel that drop ML arties?
- Can you tame the colored lesser hiryu and the hiryu that spawn in the Sleeping Dragon champ spawn?
- From 2009, is the spawn rate for the Luck Mempo less than the other marties, or is it equal and all dependent on the RNG what item you get?

Thanks! Looking forward to ToT4.

-OBSIDIAN-
To try to answer a couple of your questions, there’s no named monsters in the Citadel as far as I know that will drop the ML artefacts, but not been down there for a while.
Also, not allowed to tame creatures that spawn as part of a Champ Spawn.
Not sure on the last question exactly, but the chances have always seemed to be fairly low for the item you actually want!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or you could just wait to see what happens, and Bleak replies to say what's causing the VS issues? But I commend you for your very useful input into this topic.
1585086697572.png

This was @Bleak response in October 2019. I don't think there will be any fix at all. You can find multiple reports by multiple players on their free beta testing forums. Just they couldn't care less. Cheap talk as usual.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 106690

This was @Bleak response in October 2019. I don't think there will be any fix at all. You can find multiple reports by multiple players on their free beta testing forums. Just they couldn't care less. Cheap talk.
You mean this reply?
  • BleakBleak Posts: 121Dev
    2:26PM edited 2:26PM
    As stated in the notes we have performed maintenance on the Vendor Search database. Each time we do this all vended/auction items on each server must be readded to the database. This process takes time and we appreciate your patience during this time. We are also looking into improving the messaging you receive for searches when items are not found.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean this reply?
    As stated in the notes we have performed maintenance on the Vendor Search database. Each time we do this all vended/auction items on each server must be readded to the database. This process takes time and we appreciate your patience during this time. We are also looking into improving the messaging you receive for searches when items are not found.

Yea, that maintenance thing did not resolve any "too vaque" issue the last time, and it won't this time. Just cheap talk for nothing.

Let's meet again in 6 months for another try to make VS happen (They don't really try, I know!).

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You mean this reply?

Damn if this doesn't sound like a long process for an SQL database. Dump table, drop indexes, drop table, add table, add indexes, add data back from dump. I know I was doing better than this in 2012 - just before I retired. I really hope they aren't that antique. <shudder>

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
According to the wife last night, atlantic was back to almost 100% vague... this would rate a big fail

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Petra Fyde is that your comment as a player? Or as Mariah the Mod?
Luck for us , you cant lock this one.
So Stratics mods leave Stratics, the dev team stop posting on Stratics, a few months pass, the official forums open, stratics mode then become mods on the official forums?
didn't see that coming!.........:rolleyes:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't really agree with a lot of what the Devs say/do as I do think it they get defensive pretty easy... but after seeing how people completely gang up on someone who may (or may not) be something official on the other forums; I really can how the Devs might have become this way after all of the nonsense in this thread alone. Seems like it's the same people that constantly cry about how the Devs don't listen to them are the ones that have a $#!ty general demeanor.... probably just a coincidence though right? I'd love to see how those same people would react to others if we knew what they did for a living and random internet trolls tried to tell them that they were doing it wrong and they should take suggestions on how to do their job...

Queue to "pom pom waver" replies because heavens forbid I pile on and gang up on one person and think for myself.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't really agree with a lot of what the Devs say/do as I do think it they get defensive pretty easy... but after seeing how people completely gang up on someone who may (or may not) be something official on the other forums; I really can how the Devs might have become this way after all of the nonsense in this thread alone. Seems like it's the same people that constantly cry about how the Devs don't listen to them are the ones that have a $#!ty general demeanor.... probably just a coincidence though right? I'd love to see how those same people would react to others if we knew what they did for a living and random internet trolls tried to tell them that they were doing it wrong and they should take suggestions on how to do their job...

Queue to "pom pom waver" replies because heavens forbid I pile on and gang up on one person and think for myself.
Yea, Mesanna always loved to create safe spaces to avoid honest feedback. And there is no "may", even though Mariah/Petra refuses to disclose her alt accounts in public. I wonder how many alt accounts the other mod runs. You guys should have seen the smoke Petra was trying to blow in PMs, just not in public of course. Funny to which lengths they go to justify their shady actions. And you believe those people when they lie straight in your face? Maybe you haven't interacted with them for long enough.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So many things have been changed and broken lately it makes you wonder what they are up to....maybe it's to do with the big announcement that was due in March but they still haven't shared with us... :confused: