• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] UO Status Update

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've tried to stay out of this personal attack business, but I have to step in here.

I have been with Stratics for 13 years as a volunteer. I have seen many owners/volunteers come and go. When I first started, one of the big rules was I could not post on ANYTHING other then official UO/Stratics business. I could not state my own opinions or post as a regular player using my official Stratics name. I had to create an alternate account for those things.

I was reprimanded several times for posting opinions under my Stratics name.

A few excerpts from my reprimand:
(This was from 2007)

Hi Larisa...

There have been a couple posts made that make me uncomfortable. While you certainly have a right to express your opinion, you must do so without making it appear to be a "stratics/UOstratics" position

You MUST remember, if you are posting with those stratics tags attached to your name you have given up a bit of your individual rights. You must not make it appear that you are stating a position held by UOS or Stratics staff in one of your posts

I can completely understand why Bonnie would want her staff to do the same thing. Petra can post as herself with her Petra name and keep her Moderator Alias professional. Some of you might not think she's doing that but I had the privilege to work with her for many years and she is a wonderful lady. I'm sure she never intended for her true identity to come out but it really shouldn't matter. She is a fountain of information for this game, she's extremely helpful and always went above and beyond.

I know a lot of you with disagree with me, and that's okay. I know her as well as anyone can know someone online, I spoke with her daily in skype and got to know her very well. I think out of the myriad of staff that I have worked with over the years, that point in time was the best. I felt the whole team really communicated with each other and I didn't feel like the low man on the totem pole. I started as a *lowly* Shard reporter and never talked to anyone above me. It wasn't until Taylor took over that I got to know the rest of the staff and the work environment felt more friendly and inviting and Petra was a big part of that.

ANYWAY!
I haven't logged into the game in almost 4 months....I just re-activated both of my accounts yesterday, went to my first IDOC (On Atlantic) and it was awful! I hadn't even gotten the one barrel I was working on half-way down and the people on the other side were already in and all the stuff was gone.

I have to find one on a less populated shard!

ToT is FUN! I love the minor dyes and can't wait to have a full set of the urns and swords again!

Hope everyone is staying safe during this pandemic and we all get to spend a LOT more time playing :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
went to my first IDOC (On Atlantic) and it was awful! I hadn't even gotten the one barrel I was working on half-way down and the people on the other side were already in and all the stuff was gone.
You might want to just join in wherever others are hitting the barrels to get in... that's the trick lol

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I thought they said it was fixed, or is it fixed everywhere but Atlantic?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What is a Karen?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Okay I have to ask, what's this Karen thing all about? o_O

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Meme thing. All the meme makers have Karen. She takes the kids and wants to speak to the manager.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I have to ask, what's this Karen thing all about? o_O
Karen is the named used when you are talking about a overprotective mother or someone that wants to cut to the head of the line. Ie in stores or over the phone to talk with the owners. As a security guard I have dealt with many of there horrible personalities the worse ones are the ones that want to skip the line in the ER becasue there 20 year old angel of a son has a splinter in his finger and does not care about the person who went code blue becasue to them there baby is all that matters.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh is that a USA thing, I never heard of that, I must tell my son who works in a shop and gets a lot of 'Karens'! One threw a carton of milk at him because it had gone off, it was open and 3 days over the use-by date....

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
There was a lot of stuff that was deeply hidden and that we strongly disagreed with from that era. A substantial amount of it was systematically deleted solely so new staff would not have access to it (still found quite a bit though). I like Taylor personally, but it was not at all as smooth sailing back then as you seem to believe it was. The main difference was anything that did not fit a very particular viewpoint was buried and beaten over the head with shovels (none of which was Taylor's fault, to be clear). Just because the problems were very carefully covered up and not allowed to be visible, does not mean there were no problems. I was hired here about a week after that era ended, and as the very first new staff member not from that era, it was extremely confusing to even find out who my boss was. There were constant internal power-battles and about 4 people were telling me to do totally conflicting things against each other's wishes at all times those first few weeks.

Yes the sewer pipe may have been loosened, but it's better to have things out in the open than simply covering everything we don't like up like nothing ever happened.
In my uninvited opinion, I like where you guys have taken her. :)