• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] UO Status Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, We will be publishing 108, Tuesday March 24th to all shards. All updates will be active after normal scheduled maintenance. We know many of you are asking us to turn off Housing Decay. We will not be doing that at this time due to the fact there is a 90 day grace period after closing an account for the houses to fall. After 2 months we will review the status of where everyone is at due to the virus and make our decision at that time. Please understand when we turn off housing decay this makes it so […]

Continue reading...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My post on the cheerleader forums probably won't last long lol

For no telling how many years, we have been asking to have ToT turned back on, and told that it can't be done, it isn't as simple as flipping a switch blah blah blah yada yada yada.

Then today, this "With many of our players confined to their houses we are going to be turning on Treasures of Tokuno to give everyone an old favorite that has been requested many times. Enjoy!!"

Seriously? Just like that? LMAO Anyone who trusts anything yall ever say again deserves to be disappointed.

OMG I can't quit shaking my head over this

Go ahead and pull this Mods, cause the truth has to hurt

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You got locked already, it's beyond ridiculous, I think they just don't like you....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess someone needs to learn the difference between can not and will not.

We will be publishing 108, Tuesday March 24th to all shards, Proves you can not read a simple sentence.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, what I've been saying for years. You cannot trust a thing she says.
I'd say she is the worst Producer I've ever seen.....but she's not a Producer, she was just in the right place at the right time and took over then forced anyone that didn't agree with her out of UO, Staff and players alike.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess someone needs to learn the difference between can not and will not.

We will be publishing 108, Tuesday March 24th to all shards, Proves you can not read a simple sentence.

In the context of my post, I don't see where this reply fits in. They have said repeatedly what i quoted. Has nothing to do with the upcoming publish, just the fact that things that they 'couldn't' do for the last two years are suddenly being done on a very short notice.

I don't have the patience or the crayons to explain that any further, sorry.

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I don't pretend to know but could it be they where pushed by someone else to make this happen to give folks a bit of interest during these times? In by doing so improve buy in for what ever their new expansion or project is? Regardless i am happy it has or is going to be done :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, don't get me wrong, like a lot of other people I like it too, my even show up and play it some.

But obviously we been getting smoked blowed up our arses for the last two years or more

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the context of my post, I don't see where this reply fits in. They have said repeatedly what i quoted. Has nothing to do with the upcoming publish, just the fact that things that they 'couldn't' do for the last two years are suddenly being done on a very short notice.

I don't have the patience or the crayons to explain that any further, sorry.
Go back to stomping your feet like a little child. They never said they cant but they said a number of times they wont, big difference. After your little rant about ToT you asked "
So is 108 going live Monday or not? LMAO Proves you can not read.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wanted ToT back for years and they turn it on after I cancelled my sub, so typical! The arties are probably of limited use now anyway, other than the Mempo that everyone wants.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*awaits the posts decrying the uselessness of 98% of ToT artifacts*
LESS than 45 mins! :rolleyes:
The only thing we "cry" over is that we are not confined to the house, heh. Also gonna be a first for us! Not sure how we missed the first 2 rounds, but for the 3rd we were 6 months in Asia.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Posters have been asking for it to come back for years. Why are you complaining?
Most of the past content can be turned on again.

I would rather have new and improved drops but drops is drops.

Here are Serados stats. They do not vary in Resists.
1584740929099.png
The resident Hiryus adapted to fighting this beast.

Next time ask for the 20th Anniversary Arch to be turned back on.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Frankly, if it gives people affected by the current worldwide crisis something different to do within UO that helps them through social isolation and the potential of losing loved ones, or the risk of friends & family catching COVID-19 then I’m all for it. Be thankful for small mercies that the Dev team can still work on the game - to have an additional thing to do in game is a good thing that hasn’t taken long to implement, even if it’s bee turned down before!
If the drops are the same as last time, again, so what, I’m lacking a load of the Minor Dye and I welcome the chance to get more of them. If scripters are the problem, go somewhere else, they need something to counter the impending IDOC doom. Unlike the first time around, power creep has now happened. Find something else to hunt that isn’t the Daemon Room in the Dojo. Enjoy the fact that there’s something to do that players have been asking for for such a long time. Ignore it’s taken this long to come back, and it’s been turned down before, there’s functions in UO that have taken 20+ years to be implemented.
And as for Petra’s comment about half full glasses... some of the UO players, mostly those that don’t even play anymore, you might want to wash your glasses out. They’re cracked, broken, and frankly infecting to anyone who might want to return. If I was a player thinking to return, I’d read your comments, and not bother. Then there’d be even less chance of the game making it any further.
A pancake’s a pancake, but pointing and yelling that “it’s a pancake” is about as pancaking use as a pancake covered in pancake. Clear as pancake?
You’ll have to excuse this rant as I’ve spent the day in a hospital dealing with issues much bigger than this.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To me it sounds like we messed up the update to idoc and stop complaining about the items be deleted there no going back. So here is a bone for you I give you ToT back. Be happy with what I give becaue you all complained about idoc and scripters haveing a stockpile of vet rewards. So here is ToT dont make me change my mind once more or you won't like the next update.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My post on the cheerleader forums probably won't last long lol

For no telling how many years, we have been asking to have ToT turned back on, and told that it can't be done, it isn't as simple as flipping a switch blah blah blah yada yada yada.

Then today, this "With many of our players confined to their houses we are going to be turning on Treasures of Tokuno to give everyone an old favorite that has been requested many times. Enjoy!!"

Seriously? Just like that? LMAO Anyone who trusts anything yall ever say again deserves to be disappointed.

OMG I can't quit shaking my head over this

Go ahead and pull this Mods, cause the truth has to hurt
Kinda like for years we asked for customizable castles and they said it was impossible because castles are made up of several plots, we can't make a 32 x 32 customizable plot. Cut to years later and test center was covered in them.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some people see the cup half full
some people see the cup half empty
and some people see it with 3 weeks of mould growing in the dregs.
Is this your statement as Mariah or Petra? Getting confused over people using multiple accounts on forums.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do you mean ToT arties? It doesn't start until Tuesday.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you been smoked by a big dev team of 5 ish , doing the maximum they can to keep this 20years old game running, be happy its still running
Can I just say this is very wrong.
There are other 15-20 year old MMO games still running and some are 3d that to have very small teams and some are only unpaid volunteers.
These games still get regular updates and even expansions. The 2d isometric is the easiest form of MMO apart from the cartoon.
No, Broadsword do the minimum to keep this game going while taking a wage.
Oh and don't kid yourself that they are the only ones keeping the game alive.
EA is a business and will ALWAYS have somebody to take over a game (no matter what Mesanna tries to tell you).
Heck, even many of the freeshards owners have said time and again they cannot wait to get their hands on the official server and make UO a great game once more.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played this game, without taking 'breaks' since October 2000. I am less entitled to an opinion than every other player?
So be it. I'm done sharing my game knowledge to help players on this forum.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm looking forward to getting more flutes of renewal, major dyes, and mempos. It'd be nice if they added a couple new items.
you cannot get the major dyes. They are only in the store now

And I bet the mempos are not included this round......

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It would be a shame if they removed the Mempo as that seems to be the one item people really want. The only thing I really wanted the last time we had ToT was the dyes. I briefly considered re-subbing for ToT as I did enjoy it last time, but I would need to drop a house to store all my stuff from packs and beetles, I don't think it would be worth the effort. :(

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have played this game, without taking 'breaks' since October 2000. I am less entitled to an opinion than every other player?
So be it. I'm done sharing my game knowledge to help players on this forum.
Cause you can't lock discussions you quit? :beer:AFAIK you are the one deleting a ton of opinions on the other forum when you don't like them.