• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online: New Legacy Gameplay Trailer

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7/18/2024 We want to thank everyone who participated in our Ultima Online: New Legacy Beta Survey! In anticipation of the upcoming Beta Release of UO: New Legacy, we invite you to enjoy a look inside the gameplay for UO: New Legacy! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll preface this with the fact that I'm not a big fan of the current dev team nor have I been overly enthusiastic about new legacy, but this looks pretty cool, and I can't wait to try it.:D

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lots on comments on the Youtube video, mostly positive. Looks like a lot of people are interested. Good effort to get back to the look of the old Ultima 6. But years have passed and DOS has come and gone, and I'm not sure if I can get used to that tiny play screen now. I wonder if it will have a bigger view option?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm. This looks like a new twist. Ill at least give it a go. Like I said, there is always something to do on UO.

It reminds me of the nightmare that was Ultima X: Odyssey, which had its development halted about 20 years ago. Well, I don't personally hold any grudge against the devs, so I'm hoping this attempt will be successful. If not? I guess UO will finally be reaching its finale.

mihali

Sage
WOW, sounds pretty fatalistic : Translates -- either the NL will launch and be successful, OR it is doomsday for UO?:shots:
By the way 20 years ago some well-wishers the death of UO way back then..Did not happen, and now we are 25 years later.
NL is irrelevant to the rest of UO as a whole success etc. It will be just a novelty item, a new toy to play with

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The part I am most looking forward to are some of the obvious quality of life changes. From my limited knowledge of free shards, some of them have really done a great job with basic improvements that feel like they're miles away from OSI. Its my hopes that if some of these are successful on New Legacy, they will find a way into the main production shards. One can hope!